Neca has universal monsters!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the question was would we get color and black and white versions of all the characters. They didn’t say would would be the ‘standard’ look. It’s even hard to say based on Frankenstein. B&W went up for preorder first but now we know that was because of the Walmart exclusive deal and the color actually shipped first. I’d only assume color is the standard but Neca can be odd sometimes.

I wonder what color they're going to use for the lining in Dracula's cape since they're using the 90's green shirt for Wolfman? Usually the inside of the cape is red in most of the promotional art, and that's how must of us remember Dracula, but in the film the lining was actually grey.

Something like this would be cool, even if it's not film accurate.

ZC6MuQ9.jpg

I wonder what color they're going to use for the lining in Dracula's cape since they're using the 90's green shirt for Wolfman? Usually the inside of the cape is red in most of the promotional art, and that's how must of us remember Dracula, but in the film the lining was actually grey.

Something like this would be cool, even if it's not film accurate.

ZC6MuQ9.jpg
Neca’s attention to detail is pretty good so I would think Grey unless there is some mandate to make it red. Heck, I could see them making the cape red for a target exclusive too.

I will still get it, and its far an away one of the better Wolfman figure offerings....but the pale face paint Universal seems to be enforcing is terrible, as is their 90's style guide Christmas green shirt. I am sure he has more colors in his wardrobe,lol.

McReady seems to be using the new face printing technology and looks better in person than the prototype pics so I’m hoping that’s the same here. Wasn’t expecting Talbot swap outs but that just makes it easier to swap the color pieces to a B&W body since those will probably be closer to matching the colors on the Sideshow PF.

McReady seems to be using the new face printing technology and looks better in person than the prototype pics so I’m hoping that’s the same here. Wasn’t expecting Talbot swap outs but that just makes it easier to swap the color pieces to a B&W body since those will probably be closer to matching the colors on the Sideshow PF.
This is exactly what I will do as well. Swap the pieces about.

So, it's absolutely the factory paints that are messing this figure up. Check out the raw sculpt portraits. Phenomenal. A shame if they screw it up with a poopy paint job.

Attachments

• 204183731-5635666099840608-386567643255535683-n.jpg
    204183731-5635666099840608-386567643255535683-n.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 72
The color Wolfie hurts my eyes!! I might have to pass on this one and hope they do a black and white version down the road. I was really hoping to stick with black and white for this set. Granted, I only have Frank on order and haven't actually received it yet, but I'm quite content with my Sideshows from back in the day if this is all they give us.

Is there a reason why neca is painting the face so pale instead of brown?
My guess...interference from the suits at Universal. To make it look like the style guide horse crap they constantly enforce on licensees. Google "Universal Wolfman Bloodlust" . It's a relatively new illustration/style guide look for Wolfman. It features a pasty face Wolfman, who looks nothing like Chaney. Chaney and Universal are fighting right now. NECA secured rights from both for this figure. Universal style guide enforcement to make it look look more like a generic character, and ruin a beautiful sculpt is probably something they would be involved in. THIS IS ALL CONJECTURE, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I would think Bride and Creature would be among those 7. It’s a toss up on phantom or invisible man after that. I want both of them!

Back