Neca has universal monsters!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assume we’ll get countless variants too. Color, B&W, Basil Gogos, plus we’ll probably see Channey and Lugosi among the Frankenstein variants. Other than torn sleeves in bride and that fur vest in Son, his outfit was fairly consistent and I would expect them to get made like Sideshow did in the 1:6 line.

I am hoping for both Raines and Channey phantoms and hopefully a Channey mask of the red death version as well. I can see (ha!) clear versions of the invisible man happening too. They loved that with the predators. Although a naked body is a bit less marketable lol

I assume we’ll get countless variants too. Color, B&W, Basil Gogos, plus we’ll probably see Channey and Lugosi among the Frankenstein variants. Other than torn sleeves in bride and that fur vest in Son, his outfit was fairly consistent and I would expect them to get made like Sideshow did in the 1:6 line.

I am hoping for both Raines and Channey phantoms and hopefully a Channey mask of the red death version as well. I can see (ha!) clear versions of the invisible man happening too. They loved that with the predators. Although a naked body is a bit less marketable lol
I want Werewolf of London, Maleva, and The Mad Ghoul. They'll never happen....but I want them,lol.

Now that all the Universal Monsters films have been cleaned up for blu ray, I would totally buy color versions of these films after seeing what one fella with a coloring program can do. Granted, not all of it is perfect, but he makes Creechie and Wolfie look great. That scene in the carriage from Dracula was nice too.

Some of those were beautifully terrifying while others seem like they were done by the unskilled understudy..

Last edited:
Some of those where beautifully terrifying while others seem like they were done by the unskilled understudy..
Yeah, hit or miss to be sure. Yet I think this is just one dude with a program. If a major studio would get involved, it would be better tinting I'm sure. While no one is clamoring for yet another release, and a gazillionth dip into buying the flicks again....I would do it if they colorized them. For the novelty of it if nothing else.

Finally found Frankie! Only 2 left at my local WM.

Overall it's the best Frank figure out there, but I still think that the Mezco 1:12 might have the better relaxed faced head sculpt. The main problem with the standard head is the Rob Lowe jaw... Karloff's face was much thinner. The alternate heads have a better Karloff likeness IMO, but you can still see Karloff in the standard, too.

Here's a look at the B&W Monster.

Not a fan of the box on this one compared to the poster of the color version.

E5XuBWMWEAQV1mo
E5XuBk_X0AM6-GZ

Pics from Aliexpress.

Was it tho?
Looks pretty wide in behind the scenes pics.

One thing that made Karloff's face look gaunt was the hole in his right cheek, which he accomplished by removing his false teeth.

IuRTQv1.jpg
That ain't Karloff, Sally....that's actually a sculpture!

9d1a35b1902a3e79af6b51a1669ddcd8.jpg

;)

I know it's a bit of a nitpick, but that standard head's jaw needs to be a bit more narrow. Compare it to Mezco's nearly perfect Karloff likeness and try to ignore the eyesore on the far right...

NECA-Ultimate-Frankenstein-Color-018.jpg

Here's a look at the B&W Monster.

Not a fan of the box on this one compared to the poster of the color version.

E5XuBWMWEAQV1mo
E5XuBk_X0AM6-GZ

Pics from Aliexpress.
Colour looks much better (not not seen in hand because Canada Walmart do not carry NECA exclusives - thanks for nothing NECA!!!) Still not feeling the relaxed sculpt. Looks too generic.

Colour looks much better (not not seen in hand because Canada Walmart do not carry NECA exclusives - thanks for nothing NECA!!!) Still not feeling the relaxed sculpt. Looks too generic.
This is the black and white version, it is not a Walmart exclusive and is up for order from BBTS,EE, and other retailers.

Back