Neca has universal monsters!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• frank3.jpg
    frank3.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 130
June/July

Looks like the Mummy is the next figure. Another Karloff so still no word on anyone else?s likenesses being obtained although Lugosi is usually the only hold out.

There have been ongoing troubles with the Chaney estate initially dating back about a decade.https://bloody-disgusting.com/news/...s-family-sues-universal-over-merch-royalties/

I suspect this is why the DST Wolfman looks nothing like Lon and we haven't seen any Kharis Mummy merchandise in ages as well. Apparently they took a page from Lugosi's estate and realized they can offer Chaney items without Universal. Trick or Treat Studios found a work around. They go through respective actor's estates. I'd wager this may be what it gets done with the NECA figures.

Neca is a master of getting those impossible licenses so I’m actually not worried about any of that with this line. At least yet.

Neca is a master of getting those impossible licenses so I?m actually not worried about any of that with this line. At least yet.

I am a big fan of NECA. They had some growing pains to go through. Most notably the "snapping clear pegs" fiasco. Yet they have quickly become one of my favorite action figure manufacturers. If anyone can pull off a proper "Ultimate" Lon Chaney Wolfman or Kharis....I have confidence it will happen with NECA. I am thrilled to see what they will do with this license, as well as Hammer. If they were to get Vincent Price and ray Harryhausen in this scale, I would faint,lol.:lol:lol

I prefer color figures but if they make the standard ones grayscale, I'll just pick up those. I hate hunting down exclusives (I'm looking at YOU, Ash from ALIEN). That said, the Mummy teaser appears to be in color. I just hope they don't mix and match the color schemes with the releases.

I prefer color figures but if they make the standard ones grayscale, I'll just pick up those. I hate hunting down exclusives (I'm looking at YOU, Ash from ALIEN). That said, the Mummy teaser appears to be in color. I just hope they don't mix and match the color schemes with the releases.

I have been collecting Universal Monsters for nearly 4 decades. These NECA releases will be the only figures I buy both the color and black and white entries. I want to support them as much as I did Planet of the Apes, and hope for a much better outcome than POTA.

Back