Neca has universal monsters!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will definitely buy the color version of the Monster and Dracula, if they make him. The Mummy looks good too. I don't think I'll get all the monsters tho, too many. The essential ones to me are Frankie, Drac, Wolf, Mummy, and Bride of Frank.

I would actually like a B/W Dracula, Wolfman and Mummy to go along with this one.

I can see this being a rabbit hole for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would actually like a B/W Dracula, Wolfman and Mummy to go along with this one.

I can see this being a rabbit hole for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, those four will be fine in B/W. The only ones I'd get in color are Frank and Drac because Frank is my favorite monster and Dracula's black, white, and red costume looks really good with colors.

Edit

Was Dracula's cape actually red?

No, the inside of the cape was white, or at least a light pearly color. Definitely not the red it’s usually miscolored as.

Looks like Dracula is the next figure based on Neca?s valentines teaser. Glad to put those fears to rest soon.

I am thinking they are addressing peoples' fears early on so as to get support for the line. First they let folks know Frankenstein wouldn't be a "one and done" like the Mezco 1:12 figure, by teasing Mummy. Then the Dracula tease today, allaying fears we might not see Lugosi in the line. If they sneak a peek shot of Lon as the Wolfman, that will address the potential Chaney hurdle, and the line is gold before it ever hits shelves.

I love the Universal Monsters watch them once a year but I just don't see Karloff in Neca's Frankenstein. Looks very generic to me.

Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 4.37.49 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 4.38.03 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 4.39.53 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 4.40.20 PM.jpg

So do we know if there will be colour versions of all of this line, or will it be black and white?

Given NECA's penchant for paint variations in their lines (video game paint variants, movie poster paint variants, comic book paint scheme variants), I assume they will want the most bang for their sculpting buck. It would be more surprising if they didn't. I expect color versions, and possibly glow in the dark versions. Like Sideshow used to do.

Kong already got a Famous Monsters of Filmland Basil Gogos colored version so I suspect we’ll see those as well with all of these.

Wolf man confirmed now so it looks like they’ve got all the major parties crossed off. Can’t imagine creature has any likeness issues to work out so it looks like all systems go with this license!

Back