NECA Back to the Future

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I only have the Marty in the radiation suit. The size difference between the regular Marty and Biff is ridiculous.

Looks almost like a different scale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It really almost does look like a different scale. NECA should do another Biff and correct his size. Although I doubt that they will because they’ll probably want to re-use that mould. That’s really a shame. I want to get the figures eventually, but I’m not sure how they screwed up the scale that badly. Thomas F Wilson is definitely bigger than Michael J Fox, but not by that much.

The transparent hand makes no sense for this figure though. That’s the total wrong outfit and scene. It should be for a potential Johnny B Goode version.

I expect they're aware of that but are trying to add value to what is otherwise the same figure as before minus a layer of clothing.

I just hope it's not their way of saying that ''an Enchantment Under the Sea Marty will never be coming so we're going to include this nifty feature here instead''.

I expect they're aware of that but are trying to add value to what is otherwise the same figure as before minus a layer of clothing.

I just hope it's not their way of saying that ''an Enchantment Under the Sea Marty will never be coming so we're going to include this nifty feature here instead''.

Yeah I figure they're trying to throw something in since it's so similar. I'm not really thrilled with the line so far after the initial surprise. There's parts that are really well done, but then the size issue, weird rosy cheeks, bad Marty sculpts. Just brings me down on it a bit since I was so excited when the line was first announced. I don't have Doc in hand yet, so maybe that'll change when he gets here.

Maybe I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure they were limited to what they can release ie within the 35th Anniversary. I expect to see another wave for the 40th. Zemeckis etc are weird about the licensing for BTTF.

Yeah I figure they're trying to throw something in since it's so similar. I'm not really thrilled with the line so far after the initial surprise. There's parts that are really well done, but then the size issue, weird rosy cheeks, bad Marty sculpts. Just brings me down on it a bit since I was so excited when the line was first announced. I don't have Doc in hand yet, so maybe that'll change when he gets here.
I feel much the same. It’s a shame because as a kid I always wished there were more toys from the Back to the Future movies. I really want to like what NECA has done, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t underwhelmed.

The Marty sculpts all look fairly questionable. Biff is a good figure, but too tall in my view and also just looks too big in general (too much bulk on his body and his head looks big). Doc looks like the best of the batch in my opinion.

I planned to be all in on this line, and so far I’ve only bought Marty in the radiation suit. I just have a hard time justifying these at $30 a piece when they could be so much better. NECA is capable of better too is what’s really sad.

They need to go back to the drawing board with the Marty heads, especially after the phenomenal Doc I just received. Everything on the Marty figures is great, except the heads.

I feel much the same. It’s a shame because as a kid I always wished there were more toys from the Back to the Future movies. I really want to like what NECA has done, but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t underwhelmed.

The Marty sculpts all look fairly questionable. Biff is a good figure, but too tall in my view and also just looks too big in general (too much bulk on his body and his head looks big). Doc looks like the best of the batch in my opinion.

I planned to be all in on this line, and so far I’ve only bought Marty in the radiation suit. I just have a hard time justifying these at $30 a piece when they could be so much better. NECA is capable of better too is what’s really sad.

Was there any sort of line back then? I was born in '82 so too young to remember but I really don't recall seeing any vintage BttF toys. Crazy to me, a couple years later we'd get Terminator 2 figures for children but no one thought to make toys for a gigantic movie series like this?

Was there any sort of line back then? I was born in '82 so too young to remember but I really don't recall seeing any vintage BttF toys. Crazy to me, a couple years later we'd get Terminator 2 figures for children but no one thought to make toys for a gigantic movie series like this?
I’m actually a bit younger (born in 1986, hence my username).

To answer your question though there really weren’t a lot of toys from the films back in the day. You had the DeLorean in various forms (from Hot Wheels style to Micro Machines to the more detailed collector cars). Aside from those the closest things to toys back in the day were McDonald’s Happy Meal toys from the cartoon. I looked a bunch when I was younger and even as I got older I tried looking for collectibles.

Last edited:
:lol People on the NECA Facebook page didn’t like when I tried saying how Biff seems out of scale. They all argue that since Thomas F Wilson is taller in real life that the scale of the figure is accurate. Regardless though I feel like he’s too big in comparison to Marty.

:lol Because taller is taller.

Reminds me of the Ryan George Wonder Woman 1984 Pitch Meeting - a plane is a plane! Are you saying a plane is not a plane?

Doc is the only figure that looks good. That’s a fantastic likeness.

Every Marty looks like crap. The Darth Vader version is cool if you keep the mask on.

Back