NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question: I've had my 1/4th Alien for almost a month and I noticed his legs are bending outwards at the knees. Mainly his right. I'm wondering if his weight is causing it. Is anyone else having this issue?

Yep. On mine, it is his left. I can pick the figure up and shake it and the legs flop at the knees some. I plan on screwing him to a base as well as some kind of support in back.

Finished my repaint of the 22", here's a few (not very good) pics. I resculpted the lips to give it more of the original Giger's sculpture look.

20160119_225743-1_resized.jpg

20160120_080045-1_resized (2).jpg

Question: I've had my 1/4th Alien for almost a month and I noticed his legs are bending outwards at the knees. Mainly his right. I'm wondering if his weight is causing it. Is anyone else having this issue?

Yep. On mine, it is his left. I can pick the figure up and shake it and the legs flop at the knees some. I plan on screwing him to a base as well as some kind of support in back.

On mine I can see the right shin slightly more bent inward than the left one. I suppose it depends on how you pose the legs and how the weight is distributed that affects the lower legs. Changing the pose regularly might help.

Home Depot is a great place to find bases and dioramas for our toys....ehhh....collectbles.

I went there and the dude was like "Anything I can help you with today for your home repairs?".

I was like "Home repairs, wut....i'm here for a base for my 1/4 Batman and PVC tubing for my alley way diorama!".

I'm about to give up trying to get assault rifle Ripley at my TRUs. They never have it. :slap

Are the online prices reasonable on that version.
Which ripley is that one? the powerloader version or the blue jumpsuit version? I've seen two of the white shirt powerloader version in my area last weekend.

Neca is going to kill this line just like they did Planet of the Apes. How in the world does Kenner get a tribute figure? You give tributes to something that was good. The decision making at Neca is bewildering...what a mess.

I don't think they'll kill the line with the Kenner figures. If the initial wave or two sells poorly I'm sure they'll just desist on those but continue the movie figures (hopefully)

And I don't know how the Kenner Predators have been selling but assuming they've been doing well enough I see no reason the Alien ones will fail. Though it could depend on how they go about it, surely the Aliens will require a lot more new tooling, far less reuse of old parts I would hope (on behalf of those planning to the buy them - I'm not)

I have mixed feelings about the Kenner series of Aliens. My initial reaction is that it's a bad idea, since the old Kenners were by and large garish and goofy looking; certainly not the type of figure I would be interested in buying now. But there were a few standouts, such as the panther alien and acid alien, that, if redone using Neca's modern standards, could look pretty awesome. Of course, that would require new sculpts, and I get the feeling that the Kenner series is just going to be a bunch of repaints. I hope I'm wrong about that. I'll reserve judgment on whether to buy until I actually see them.

Back