NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been taking a look at the pics of the new figures, and it looks like the translucent alien has the new mouth, same as the new exclusive figure. Other than that, it seems to be the exact same sculpt as the older one, it even has the same wide hips.
I thought they would've fixed that.

Holy Hell, I'm glad I've got some of those AvP Warriors on Pre-Order.

And bring on Alien 3 Ripley! :yess:

Picked up the Isolation Xeno and little Ripley today. I might try and track down the removed lip variant posted before but if I can’t find one it’s no big deal. Very happy with these.

toy haul 045.jpg

Can you elaborate? I ask, not to throw anything in your face, just curious.
That they go to the expense of creating an entirely new Ripley figure when they could easily produce Crowe, Frost or Apone with three or four new parts. It seems very niche. Alien 3 has a rather chequered reputation (currently fewer positive ratings on Rotten Tomatoes than Alien Resurrection, of all things, and even David Fincher seems to hate it), and while there are those characters who will buy each and every xenomorph permutation on general principle, I can't imagine a bald chick in a tank top is going to sell all that well.

Of course, NECA has supposedly claimed that there'll be two new Marines this year, but it seems likely that they'll be Vasquez and Drake (or another Hicks variant).

Well, I for one would much rather have Alien 3 Ripley than Crow or Apone, so I'm happy.
At any rate, I think this line is so successful for NECA that they'll eventually make more Colonial Marines.

Well, I for one would much rather have Alien 3 Ripley than Crow or Apone, so I'm happy.
At any rate, I think this line is so successful for NECA that they'll eventually make more Colonial Marines.

Well, not me. More marines are all I really want. Alas, it's a numbers game and I accept that.

They paid weaver already, so they will milk every Ripley they can. Just like they milked every Dutch (and other Schwarzenegger character like Matrix), every "Ash" variant when they paid Campbell, and squeezed multiple figures from Biehn, Paxton, and Henriksen. (All of which are likely to get more figure variants still).

NECA will never pay anyone for their face unless they know they can get 3+ figures out of them. It sucks, but it is reality and I've accepted it.

(Vaz is two figures easy, so hopes are still high she is close enough to make the cut!)

I definitely want more Marines and I'm sure we'll get some eventually even after the smart gunner(s) but I'm also ok with the A3 wave. It sounds like the WY merc & Ripley will definitely be in that wave and we've heard from Neca about another dog alien is coming since the demand is there so if those three are in that wave that is a great set. There's are also real possibility like BigBisont said of an A3 Bishop to utilize Henrickson's likeness so that's a pretty good wave if you even sorta like A3 which I do like(especially the director's cut). I really do hope we also get Frost, Apone and others too someday even if they don't look like the actors I'd still take whatever they give us.

They mentioned on twitter that the human characters don’t do as well as the aliens and that S4 would probably be the last all human wave. A Dog re-release or variant seems most likely.

They mentioned on twitter that the human characters don’t do as well as the aliens and that S4 would probably be the last all human wave. A Dog re-release or variant seems most likely.

OK well now that depresses me. Does that mean the whole line will just end when people have a big enough Xenomorph army and stop buying those? How long can they really keep pumping out Aliens? And when the aliens stop so do all the humans presumably.

Hope not, I definitely want more humans than aliens at this point but they might mix figures from different movies and consolidate once they get through all the film's they are going to cover, maybe some concept figures can extend things a little too. I would even like it if they did marine exclusive 2 packs.

OK well now that depresses me. Does that mean the whole line will just end when people have a big enough Xenomorph army and stop buying those? How long can they really keep pumping out Aliens? And when the aliens stop so do all the humans presumably.

I don’t think they meant the figures sold poorly just not as well as the aliens but that was my first thought too.

Predator and Aliens are their top two selling lines I think its more to balance out the wave. S3 is a good example of one warming the pegs with Bishop (He was still in stock today) but the other two making up the cost. Too many peg warmers and retail will lose interest.

I found two of the tweets.

First one came from someone complaining about getting AvP before more Marines

“Wrong assumption as Series 7 sales are up from previous waves and some retailers have pushed back about Marines”

That tweet got some people worried and they replied.

“Certain retailers have asked for less marines & more Xenos. Sad but true. We offer a good balance “

I don’t see this line being in danger any time soon. Not only do they have the movies to cover but the expanded universe too.

It's not exactly a good sign. Theoretically, of all the human figures the marines should be the best sellers. And that's Hicks and Hudson, the two main male soldiers. This has me thinking they might do Vasquez and end it there.

I have even less interest in Marines than I do any Alien Resurrection figures.

Bring on an Alien 3 series.

Back