NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/690302085536059393

CZRyFsZW0AApCak.jpg:large
Love it. Wonder the scale

That Queen Hugger looks incredible! I still think it’ll be packaged in with a Dog Chestburster similar to their Deacon release.

Love it. Wonder the scale

I’m guessing it will be in scale with all the other figures. Looks to be larger than a regular Hugger though.

Vlcsnap-2012-01-17-21h49m41s48_copie.jpg

I see that thing and think, "This must be how the loyalists to the original alien look at the Aliens warriors and/or queen".

I say there is a reason it didn't make the final cut. "Queen facehuggers make queens?" pfft. Can't help but feel like the kenner line is starting early!

I see that thing and think, "This must be how the loyalists to the original alien look at the Aliens warriors and/or queen".

I say there is a reason it didn't make the final cut. "Queen facehuggers make queens?" pfft. Can't help but feel like the kenner line is starting early!
...it makes sense that a special kind of Facehugger will create a Queen though, you see it with bees and ants

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

i dunno. over years i became "a loyalist to the original alien look", but i think that A3 facehugger was really nightmarish and was the only good design from ADI in many of their a/p movies. he's very Dead Space 1' style.

obviously you appreciate the original design a lot more. i actually think that Cameron facehuggers were a lot duller than the original.

Poor Ripley had that thing on her face.....
check this article. i've heard about it for a while. its author says that
An unfilmed sequence after the EEV crash, Newt drowns. The Queen embryo emerges from her mouth and climbs inside Ripley. This is not only scripted but is also featured in the Alien 3 movie adaption comic.
to my mind the idea is so terrible that it'd better be forgotten forever.

scriptexcerpt2.JPG

Last edited:
...it makes sense that a special kind of Facehugger will create a Queen though, you see it with bees and ants

Sent from my Moto E using Tapatalk

Not sure I follow the logic here. Queen bees and queen ants both develope as typical larvae that are fed special diets in special conditions in order to develope. Not shot out of special eggs as ready made queens.

I will admit; if they went with the existing ant/bee queen explanation it would play into the "just bugs" angle Cameron has been criticized for. A pre-determined "special" hugger is at least unique from what nature gives us on earth.

I still don't like it and it feels contrived to me. Just my opinion I guess.

I actually like the idea.
To me it makes Queens all the more precious.
If any ol' alien could morph into a queen....makes me wonder what's to stop a hive from becoming an amazonian style army of queens.

i dunno. over years i became "a loyalist to the original alien look", but i think that A3 facehugger was really nightmarish and was the only good design from ADI in many of their a/p movies. he's very Dead Space 1' style.

obviously you appreciate the original design a lot more. i actually think that Cameron facehuggers were a lot duller than the original.

check this article. i've heard about it for a while. its author says that.
to my mind the idea is so terrible that it'd better be forgotten forever.

scriptexcerpt2.JPG
Apparently, this was supposed to be followed up with an autopsy scene involving a full-body nude dummy of Newt standing in as her corpse. The words "special place in Hell" come to mind...

Got the assortment come through today in the UK and whilst packaging them up to send to buyers I noticed that they have made a "variant" in this set. 6 Xeno's in each assortment, 4 out of the six have the lips whilst the other two have the retracted / no lips. Tried to take some pics below - not very good they are still in packaging:

View attachment 238463

View attachment 238464

I think they need to stop doing this. I know it's not a big deal but collectors that want a fully complete set / both are going to have a hard time doing that.

Wow, that's really annoying. I don't mind variants when they release them in separate waves, or make them easily identifiable and available when ordering so you can get the one you want. But when they are unannounced AND not evenly packed that sucks. Plus, I like the retracted lips way better, and with the info you posted, it looks like that one is short-packed. Looks like the Wal-Mart one has the retracted lips too, but I have no hope of ever finding that one in stores. I wonder if they will pull the same thing with the concept Xeno in the next series. This is the kinda stuff that discourages me a bit when trying to enjoy just collecting figures...

HI guys need a little help, I finally picked up the alien isolation xenomorph and its great but, I'm looking at the legs its looks off. Im not sure if calves are warped or do I have two left leg calves?
here is a pic of what I mean:

thanks for the help.

Yeah, they look pretty cool!
Looking forward to getting the translucent alien.
If it comes out in sturdier plastic, I might buy an extra one to have it repainted.

Beat me to it Lol. Looks great eh? Cannot wait to get this!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back