NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the blue xeno yesterday, knowing of the QC issues, I tested each joint carefully and the left foot still snapped off instantly. Exchanged it, and the second one lost both feet the second they were touched. Now I'm waiting to hear back from the store for what to do next. I feel bad taking out a small businesses' entire inventory in the search for a non-defective product but I'm not sure what elso to do.

Are these actually articulated in the ankles? I didn’t want to force mine but can’t really get them to move at all.

I feel bad taking out a small businesses' entire inventory in the search for a non-defective product but I'm not sure what elso to do.

Stop buying NECA products?

Seriously, I love looking at NECA's figure output, but I've recently decided to just stop buying their products altogether. I've got enough collectible stuff, there's so much being produced nowadays - there's just no excuse for figures that break out of the package. It's a shame that they've got such fantastic sculpting talent being wasted on crappy Chinese manufacturing.

I suppose your other alternative would be to become a MIB collecter only?

I watched some youtube reviews to make sure they could move--either way the ease with which the pegs snapped would've been no fault of my own--and yep, forward, backward, and left, right swivel and pivot. Shartimus Prime's review showed it really well. But if yours seem like they don't want to move I wouldn't risk it.

I was considering ordering the Aliens series 1 and two and multiple duplicates of the aliens themselves and the genocide 2 pack but seeing as how the aliens are a nightmare for poseability and quality I will pass. I'll just stick with the Preds.

I'd say this line, particularly the xeno's, has the worst QC since the T1000's in the terminator line. So many frozen joints and it seems the plastic they use for them almost glues itself together hence the breakages

Stop buying NECA products?

Seriously, I love looking at NECA's figure output, but I've recently decided to just stop buying their products altogether. I've got enough collectible stuff, there's so much being produced nowadays - there's just no excuse for figures that break out of the package. It's a shame that they've got such fantastic sculpting talent being wasted on crappy Chinese manufacturing.

I suppose your other alternative would be to become a MIB collecter only?

LOL Well if those are the alternatives then I'll gladly have the store open up every one until we find a winner. I guess they get refunded by the manufacturer anyway. I agree with you in general though, it's ridiculous at this point. Just when you think they've gotten on track you get burned again.

I've gotten pretty savvy at repairing broken joints since I've had so many figs with stuck joints over the years. Nothing a drill, super glue, nails, linesman pliers and elmers glue can't fix. Then I never have to worry about them breaking again. :D

I agree with the last few posts. I have absolutely zero interest in any kind of AVP or Kenner tribute items. If its not alien, aliens, alien 3, or Prometheus, im not buying. That being said, neca has done a nice job thus far with their figure selections. Im very pleased with the 79 alien and, with a bit of repainting, Windrix's (God be with the windrix family) body + helmeted hicks' head can be made into a very convincing Crowe (ill post pics when I get a chance). As far as what is to come, Vasquez really needs to make it into plastic form. Dallas and bishop have been confirmed. Randy mentioned something about possibly doing a space jockey in chair diorama. Given the fact that its the 35th anniversary of alien, perhaps that's one of the reveals? if they are going to do it, what better time then now? The size seems a bit much though....

I sure hope that happens! I always wanted something like that!y

As for the latest QC issues with the Xeno figs... That is real disappointing to hear! Luckily I haven't seen any in the store yet.... But now I'll be hesitant to buy any.....

I have purchased (including 2-packs) 9 total Aliens warriors. 3 have had at LEAST one joint snap instantly. One I fixed, One I exchanged and one I tolerate (customize). A 33% fail rate is certainly pretty terrible, but FOR THE PRICE point, its worth the risk to me.

Yes, better quality would be great and if Neca are taking unnecessary cost cutting measures then shame on them. BUT if the SH Arts figures are our alternative (by all accounts amazing QC, look, and materials, but a $55+ price tag) I'll keep tolerating things at ~$17. When demanding higher quality, its likely you are demanding higher prices. If your cool with that great. Just saying lets not lose sight of where these figures place for price points when setting our expectations.

Sounds not so good for NECA with all these Alien QC issues you guys had. I only have the Battle Damaged (blue) warrior (from the 2-Pack) but I haven't discovered any issues. Guess I'm lucky, huh? Awaiting my pre-order for the singel pack blue warrior and I hope that he don't have these issues:eek:

Sorry to hear about Graig Windrix, he seemed to be a great guy from what I read. My thoughts go with his family and friends

Great iniatiative by his brother and the Neca people giving him a figure.

Alien/Aliens:

NECA, in some not so cryptic tweets has revealed already much of the Alien/Aliens merchandise coming out later this year.

The Queen Alien: While details are still limited it’s expected to be the Queen Alien minus her creepy egg birthing attachments. One item that has been heavily guessed at among those figure geeks in the know is the possible inclusion of the upper torso of Bishop as an accessory. While a ripped in half Bishop figure seems like a logical leap to make, don’t be surprised if NECA releases him on his own and charges full price for him.

Bishop: Bishop has not only been confirmed the final sculpt has been shown minus the head. Neca also recently confirmed Bishop to be a part of the next assortment of Aliens merchandise along with next figure I’m about to mention. As far as I know Bishop will not do the knife trick for you. I’d also expect some sort of dissected face hugger accessory to sweeten the pot.

The Dog Alien: Also announced to be part of the next assortment of aliens toys from NECA is the dog alien. If you remember the Dog Alien is the offspring of a Xenomorph and a Rottweiler as seen in Alien 3. Look for NECA’s new articulation standards like ball jointed elbows and knees along with at least one reuse of the mold, more than likely a repaint to reenact the final moments of the movie when Fido gets drenched in hot lead.

On the alien front there is more news that has been leaked as of late that hints to some long awaited figures finally getting the plastic treatment. First of all it seems any figure in a space suit is fair game to be immortalized in plastic, with Dallas being the first confirmed figure. This fits NECA’s reuse of sculpts to a T so expect Kane, Lambert, and maybe even Ripley down the road.

Speaking of Ripley, will we ever see a figure(s) of her from NECA? It’s hard to tell but going on what’s known, Sigourney Weaver is a very difficult person to deal with when it comes to merchandising. Does she have demands that make producing a figure not economically sound? Does she not want any part of a toy line with guns? Does the idea of an action figure just creep her out? Nothing is for sure except for the one vague hint we got in a Jonesy figure hidden in the display at last year’s SDCC. I can say this, if they have the ok from Sigourney to make figures, the power loader is not far behind.

Everything I’ve said thus far is pretty easy to guess or extrapolate on what’s known and what’s out there, what would NECA do that might be out of left field to surprise people? How about some Konami inspired repaints of the Xenomorphs in pink red and purple? Or perhaps NECA will continue the tradition of paying homage to Kenner and offer up some Kenner aliens, gorilla Alien anyone, perhaps the mantis alien. Kenner reused parts more than NECA in many cases so it’s safe to bet if they wanted reuse of parts to maximize their dollar these are good ideas.

Just to relay my experiences...I have purchased dozens of figures from the neca Aliens line. I have 5 james Cameron styled aliens (brown) and none of them had any QC issues at all. I just recently had my very first broken joint. The broken joint was on the blue battle damaged alien in the hicks/alien 2 pack. Im not discounting the consistently inconsistent neca QC, but I do feel compelled to share my experience with the line, which appears to be quite different from some of the other experiences etc. hope my luck holds up!
@lord freezer: a proper space jockey dio would be unbelievable. Although it has been hinted at by Randy, I just cant imagine them tackling the massive size.

Alien/Aliens:

NECA, in some not so cryptic tweets has revealed already much of the Alien/Aliens merchandise coming out later this year.

The Queen Alien: While details are still limited it’s expected to be the Queen Alien minus her creepy egg birthing attachments. One item that has been heavily guessed at among those figure geeks in the know is the possible inclusion of the upper torso of Bishop as an accessory. While a ripped in half Bishop figure seems like a logical leap to make, don’t be surprised if NECA releases him on his own and charges full price for him.

Bishop: Bishop has not only been confirmed the final sculpt has been shown minus the head. Neca also recently confirmed Bishop to be a part of the next assortment of Aliens merchandise along with next figure I’m about to mention. As far as I know Bishop will not do the knife trick for you. I’d also expect some sort of dissected face hugger accessory to sweeten the pot.

The Dog Alien: Also announced to be part of the next assortment of aliens toys from NECA is the dog alien. If you remember the Dog Alien is the offspring of a Xenomorph and a Rottweiler as seen in Alien 3. Look for NECA’s new articulation standards like ball jointed elbows and knees along with at least one reuse of the mold, more than likely a repaint to reenact the final moments of the movie when Fido gets drenched in hot lead.

On the alien front there is more news that has been leaked as of late that hints to some long awaited figures finally getting the plastic treatment. First of all it seems any figure in a space suit is fair game to be immortalized in plastic, with Dallas being the first confirmed figure. This fits NECA’s reuse of sculpts to a T so expect Kane, Lambert, and maybe even Ripley down the road.

Speaking of Ripley, will we ever see a figure(s) of her from NECA? It’s hard to tell but going on what’s known, Sigourney Weaver is a very difficult person to deal with when it comes to merchandising. Does she have demands that make producing a figure not economically sound? Does she not want any part of a toy line with guns? Does the idea of an action figure just creep her out? Nothing is for sure except for the one vague hint we got in a Jonesy figure hidden in the display at last year’s SDCC. I can say this, if they have the ok from Sigourney to make figures, the power loader is not far behind.

Everything I’ve said thus far is pretty easy to guess or extrapolate on what’s known and what’s out there, what would NECA do that might be out of left field to surprise people? How about some Konami inspired repaints of the Xenomorphs in pink red and purple? Or perhaps NECA will continue the tradition of paying homage to Kenner and offer up some Kenner aliens, gorilla Alien anyone, perhaps the mantis alien. Kenner reused parts more than NECA in many cases so it’s safe to bet if they wanted reuse of parts to maximize their dollar these are good ideas.
Aight, thanks for the info.

Yea, SJ diorama would be awesome but then I want a Kane and Dallas to be able to pose around on it :wink1:

Back