NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone, first time posting, reading you all for a long time. First things first: my thoughts with the Windrix family, I´m truly sorry, *****ck cancer.

The upcoming Deluxe Box Set... I´m really confident in Neca getting the likeness rights for Sigourney Weaver so I would go for the powerloader, wich will set the game for an upcoming Alien Queen. I really do hope another colonial marine (Vasquez sounds like the most possible choice) Loving the upcoming Bishop. Hoping for a Newt figure too. And I think it is very possible we see a Kenner homenage Alien line confirmed.

Anyway this is the toy fair i´m most exited about EVER.

Hi again, everyone!

If they get Weaver's likeness doing the power loader seems like a great way to get around her "no gun" policy but still gives the fans what we want. It might happen.

Hey thanks mate, the hair is actually how mine came to begin with. The picture makes it much darker than it is in hand but you're absolutely right it needs to be lighter that's one of the things I've been meaning to work on. I just painted the face so far :wink1:. I plan to do more to him and repaint the pulse rifle some more too. I'll post completed pics soon.

Beautiful job! How in the world do you get the eyes so nice and tidy?

If Neca has taught me anything its to temper ones expectations. My guess would be the least 'wowing' thing you can think of (therefore eliminating the awesomeness of a power loader). I am leaning toward a generic hive. That will let them sell the eggs and huggers they have had completed since comic con and selling a hive base separately could be how they kept the cost on the Queen down.

I, for one am actually more curious for who will be series 4. "Almost all of series 4" will be revealed. To me that means 2 out of 3 are ready to show. So 6 total figures, 5 will be seen.

-Bishop (confirmed)
-Nostromo suit character from Alien (confirmed)
-Dog Alien (essentially confirmed)
-Ripley or Dallas (visual of Alien flame unit, likely one of those two?)
-?
-?

Dream figures for me would be Vaz/Drake. Nightmare figures would be "Kenner tribute Aliens"...

If Neca has taught me anything its to temper ones expectations. My guess would be the least 'wowing' thing you can think of (therefore eliminating the awesomeness of a power loader). I am leaning toward a generic hive. That will let them sell the eggs and huggers they have had completed since comic con and selling a hive base separately could be how they kept the cost on the Queen down.

I, for one am actually more curious for who will be series 4. "Almost all of series 4" will be revealed. To me that means 2 out of 3 are ready to show. So 6 total figures, 5 will be seen.

-Bishop (confirmed)
-Nostromo suit character from Alien (confirmed)
-Dog Alien (essentially confirmed)
-Ripley or Dallas (visual of Alien flame unit, likely one of those two?)
-?
-?

Dream figures for me would be Vaz/Drake. Nightmare figures would be "Kenner tribute Aliens"...

Good points, sir. I concur!

Yeah call me a stick in the mud but I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the tribute Preds or Aliens. :p

I agree with the last few posts. I have absolutely zero interest in any kind of AVP or Kenner tribute items. If its not alien, aliens, alien 3, or Prometheus, im not buying. That being said, neca has done a nice job thus far with their figure selections. Im very pleased with the 79 alien and, with a bit of repainting, Windrix's (God be with the windrix family) body + helmeted hicks' head can be made into a very convincing Crowe (ill post pics when I get a chance). As far as what is to come, Vasquez really needs to make it into plastic form. Dallas and bishop have been confirmed. Randy mentioned something about possibly doing a space jockey in chair diorama. Given the fact that its the 35th anniversary of alien, perhaps that's one of the reveals? if they are going to do it, what better time then now? The size seems a bit much though....

Here are some customs marines Ive slapped together including Weirzbowski and Crowe. Very little paint going on here, mostly just a lot of razor blade and dremel work. I'll do the correct grafitti and tweaking as I move along.

A tweaked Windrix leading the squad.

Crowe and Ski

Ive got the webbing done for Apone and Frost, but need to sculpt some VP70 holsters and find suitable doner heads.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't dig the Kenner tributes. I bought the original Kenner figs back in the day, but only because they were the only things available that had "Aliens" or "Predator" slapped on it. I was never satisfied though with the creative license Kenner took with those figures. If I was a kid today, I'd be in hog heaven playing with these NECA offerings (non-Kenner tribute, of course).

@kobe: Exactly. I bought everything that kenner made back when I was young...for precisely the same reason you did...they were the only figures that were readily available. Even as a kid, kenner's creative liberties bothered me. The whole point is that the design work in the first 3 films (+ Prometheus imo) is spectacular! There is so much for neca to do without resorting to homages of figures that I begrudgingly purchased even when they were initially released. We need marines and HUMAN figures from the first 3 films. im well aware of the aversion many collectors seem to have towards human figures. I don't get that. I love well done human characters...particularly those from the alien franchise (aesthetic sensibilities of the films were always so cool). How do you guys/gals feel about human figures from the alien franchise? Also, nice custom work, kobe! thanks for sharing.

@kobe: Exactly. I bought everything that kenner made back when I was young...for precisely the same reason you did...they were the only figures that were readily available. Even as a kid, kenner's creative liberties bothered me. The whole point is that the design work in the first 3 films (+ Prometheus imo) is spectacular! There is so much for neca to do without resorting to homages of figures that I begrudgingly purchased even when they were initially released. We need marines and HUMAN figures from the first 3 films. im well aware of the aversion many collectors seem to have towards human figures. I don't get that. I love well done human characters...particularly those from the alien franchise (aesthetic sensibilities of the films were always so cool). How do you guys/gals feel about human figures from the alien franchise? Also, nice custom work, kobe! thanks for sharing.

Love them. As long as I get a few good and accurate alien sculpts I'm done with the actual aliens. The line needs to be filled out with human characters.

I agree with the last few posts. I have absolutely zero interest in any kind of AVP or Kenner tribute items. If its not alien, aliens, alien 3, or Prometheus, im not buying. That being said, neca has done a nice job thus far with their figure selections. Im very pleased with the 79 alien and, with a bit of repainting, Windrix's (God be with the windrix family) body + helmeted hicks' head can be made into a very convincing Crowe (ill post pics when I get a chance). As far as what is to come, Vasquez really needs to make it into plastic form. Dallas and bishop have been confirmed. Randy mentioned something about possibly doing a space jockey in chair diorama. Given the fact that its the 35th anniversary of alien, perhaps that's one of the reveals? if they are going to do it, what better time then now? The size seems a bit much though....

Wolf pred is all I'm asking for

Glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't dig the Kenner tributes. I bought the original Kenner figs back in the day, but only because they were the only things available that had "Aliens" or "Predator" slapped on it. I was never satisfied though with the creative license Kenner took with those figures. If I was a kid today, I'd be in hog heaven playing with these NECA offerings (non-Kenner tribute, of course).

I hate them only because they are just crappy repaints. it's like they are note even true Kenner tributes. They just make the existing preds look like those.

I got the kenner tributes because the sculps are great= I customized them 1004089_10152225613856303_1219737736_n.jpg

Out of both the alien & predator lines, I own a big chap and a jungle hunter and that's it. I'm only in it for the humans so i get really deflated when NECA say they'll never make a Michael harrigan or the rest of dutch's crew

I'm just happy that there seems to be at least one human per wave in the aliens series, but I think as soon as the kenner tributes start filtering in ill be out. It used to irritate me as a kid that I could never have screen accurate marines and terminators, even nostalgia couldn't make me go back to that

It used to irritate me as a kid that I could never have screen accurate marines and terminators, even nostalgia couldn't make me go back to that

Looks like you, me, and joeyjoe are in the same boat.

Back