NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody catch the SDCC 'Comic Con Reveal' panel that NECA just livestreamed over the past hour? They ended it saying there would be more reveals in a few days to coincide with the official Comic Con dates, but as for what was shown today... pretty much nothing.

For ALIENS, they showed the 3 AvP arcade Aliens that came out a couple years back, repainted with 'movie inspired' deco to give them a 'realistic' appearance. I actually bought the Arachnoid Alien with the idea of repainting it to fit in with a movie lineup, so I'll likely snag the new repaint... But other than that, no hints of what's to come after. Better than the PREDATOR showing at least. For Predator, they showed the 6 Lost Tribe Preds that we've already seen and simply confirmed that, yes, the remaining 4 Lost Tribe Predators are still happening.

Yeah, pretty weak showing for Alien and Predator. I admit we did get the strongest run for the '79 film that we've ever had last year and I'm sure it's not over for Alien and Aliens (like it appears to be for Terminator). There's no way they're gonna stop short of releasing all the Nostromo crew members in their regular outfits. I am surprised we've still seen or heard nothing of Mark Rolston's Drake from Aliens since that initial public twitter exchange what must be 2 or 3 years back. The 35th anniversary would have been the time for it but instead its.......videogame creature repaints? As with Predator it seems like NECA wanted to take it relatively cheap and easy on Alien for the next unspecified period of time. I mean c'mon, I think it was a foregone conclusion that they'd be releasing the remainder of the Lost Hunters as Ultimates, that didn't feel like news.

Last edited:
Right - the way they dropped that Lost Tribe announcement, it was almost as if they thought that we thought there might be some uncertainty on the matter. As for the remaining Nostromo crew in regular outfits, I seem to remember some tweet a few months back (though I'm not finding it now, so maybe I was just hallucinating?) that hinted they would take a break from ALIEN (first film, not franchise as a whole) for a year or two, so... it might be a bit of a wait to complete our on-board Nostromo crew. And now that NECA has realized they can get additional reuse out of their expanded universe xenos by giving them 'realistic' paint apps, I wonder if the wait may be even more extended yet. :oops:

Well, at least my Ash showed up! I think he looks better in person than the photos I was seeing. Disappointed not to get Dallas in his Nostromo jacket. That's the only look I want for Lambert, too. Maybe in mid-scream before the alien does... things to her.

Right - the way they dropped that Lost Tribe announcement, it was almost as if they thought that we thought there might be some uncertainty on the matter. As for the remaining Nostromo crew in regular outfits, I seem to remember some tweet a few months back (though I'm not finding it now, so maybe I was just hallucinating?) that hinted they would take a break from ALIEN (first film, not franchise as a whole) for a year or two, so... it might be a bit of a wait to complete our on-board Nostromo crew. And now that NECA has realized they can get additional reuse out of their expanded universe xenos by giving them 'realistic' paint apps, I wonder if the wait may be even more extended yet. :oops:
Oh they're gonna stretch these licenses out as long as they can. It's a strategy that works. While I'm waiting for the rest of the Colonial Marines and Nostromo crew my attention remains on NECA and I could make all manner of impulse purchases in the meantime - and have done, I've started collecting whole lines I wouldn't have thought I'd be collecting a few years ago. So why would they want to quickly finish up with a given license and potentially lose that collector's interest as soon as they do so. It's also a budget thing and a question of what stores are willing to stock - they can't just pump out figures requiring likeness rights and unique tooling constantly. They can't frontload a line with every character because inevitably some will pegwarm. So I try to temper myself in my reaction to these cons.

There's been some harsh comments over on ToyArk including a criticism that I just would never level at NECA of all companies - failing to take full advantage of their licenses by having poor character selection. I look at my Alien, Predator and Terminator shelves and I wonder how that could possibly be the case. Look, there's plenty that I still want and seeming omissions that frustrate me such as T1 Sarah Connor but I simply cannot accuse NECA of lacking character selection. What other companies have ever made Aliens Ripley, Hicks, Hudson, Vasquez, Frost, Bishop, Newt, Burke, Alien Ripley, Parker, Brett, Ash, Lambert, Kane, Dallas, Alien 3 Ripley, Alien Resurrection Ripley, Dutch & Hawkins from Predator, Terminator 2 T-800, T-1000, John & Sarah Connor, The Terminator T-800 and Kyle Reese. Funko Pops and Reaction don't count.

We may not have everything we could possibly want but NECA remains the best hope of crossing characters off our lists in the future. Failing to acknowledge this does us no favours.

But if they don't make Lt.Gorman and Lt.Mike Harrigan they can go **** themselves. :monkey3

I imagine they will return to the films eventually, and we'll see more marines and the nostromo crew in the future. Sadly it seems TMNT has become their main focus at Neca. I've never seen them go through so much new tooling so quickly for a line.

Speaking of the nostromo crew, I finally spotted a Kane at the local Walmart, and I was excited for about 10 seconds. Unfortunately the quality control looked abysmal. His nose had a big chip out of the paint, and there was dried superglue all over the glass of his helmet. I had had to pass, hopefully I'll come across another one some day.

I imagine they will return to the films eventually, and we'll see more marines and the nostromo crew in the future. Sadly it seems TMNT has become their main focus at Neca. I've never seen them go through so much new tooling so quickly for a line.

Speaking of the nostromo crew, I finally spotted a Kane at the local Walmart, and I was excited for about 10 seconds. Unfortunately the quality control looked abysmal. His nose had a big chip out of the paint, and there was dried superglue all over the glass of his helmet. I had had to pass, hopefully I'll come across another one some day.
Someone asked on twitter if the Alien and Predator lines are continuing beyond this ''SDCC'' panel and the response was ''LOADS MORE coverage was aug-oct. No point showing too far out into 2022 yet''.

I picked up the new Ripley compression suit and Lambert astronaut figures yesterday at Target. Ripley's face looks better on this new version. I don't see much of a difference with Lambert's face so that may have been a waste to pick up. I never found the second Ripley with the cat box last year and just saw it's going for over $100 on ebay lately...lol

Someone asked on twitter if the Alien and Predator lines are continuing beyond this ''SDCC'' panel and the response was ''LOADS MORE coverage was aug-oct. No point showing too far out into 2022 yet''.
I really hope it's more movie, and not Kenner.

Watching a recent Fwoosh interview with Randy, he more or less confirms that new figures from Aliens Fireteam will be revealed around mid-September, so probably safe to assume that those figures will be next in the lineup after the AvP Arcade repaints.

Watching a recent Fwoosh interview with Randy, he more or less confirms that new figures from Aliens Fireteam will be revealed around mid-September, so probably safe to assume that those figures will be next in the lineup after the AvP Arcade repaints.
Yeah that's disappointing, it seems like just Aliens Fireteam and Kenner homages for a little while.

Had to google Aliens Fireteam. Don't follow the videogame world anymore and likely won't be interested in those. Still 'game' for Kenner tributes but nothing excites quite like new movie characters so I'm never going to be happy when they're taking a back seat.

Last edited:
Got the Lambert/Ripley compression suit wave yesterday. Gotta say, for such an afterthought set of rehashes they're pretty good. The faces are done well. Mine are staying in their boxes though so I can't comment on much else.

It'd be neat if NECA released a Ripley from part 1 with a really well painted likeness. Medical bay scene, for example.
I remember passing on the first wave of Ripley due to sculpt and paint quality. I really wish they would redo the Ripley sculpts. From what I’ve seen lately with Neca it’s possible.

Med bay Ripley would be awesome. Jumpsuit Ripley would be at the top of my wishlist.

Back