NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
***** I never posted where I saw them. A guy over at avpgalaxy.net posted them up!!

There incredible eh? :D

Bri

Those sculpts look incredible in those pics. What is it about NECA and being able to nail the look right off the screen? Oh wait, I already know the answer - because they give a $h!t about accuracy. They use the actual movies as referance and don't just blindly copy another company's work.

These are the figures I have waited for 11 years. **** yeah!

:exactly:

Why only 11 years though? Are you thinking of the McFarlane days when we hoped they'd make a full squad of marines and all we got was one over-muscled stupidly pre-posed Hicks?

Wow, those look awesome. I've been waiting since my Exploding Warrior Kennet figure broke about 18 years ago ;) these will all be mine. I'll probably buy a horde of Aliens!

Another picture guys. Your going to have to go looking for these guys now!!!!

I like how the middle top spine xan come off so ghe head can tilt right back. Nice touch. Paint apps on the warrior is pretty basic though. Custom paint apps for sure

Bri

I'm not sure I'll display these versions in battle poses. Well maybe I will until the screaming helmeted versions come out. But neither of these faces without helmets suit the battle scenes. Hudson is either 'Game over man' or 'Why don't you put her in charge??!', and those were both downtime scenes. And Hicks is in calm mode.

I'm not sure I'll display these versions in battle poses. Well maybe I will until the screaming helmeted versions come out. But neither of these faces without helmets suit the battle scenes. Hudson is either 'Game over man' or 'Why don't you put her in charge??!', and those were both downtime scenes. And Hicks is in calm mode.

I'm going to disagree. They both look in shock. Almost like the bugs getting into a "secure" room. Granted, the helmeted sculpts would be better, I still like them, and can't wait for them to land in my detolf!

I'm hoping we also get calm-faced helmeted versions and a screaming Hicks sans-helmet. I'd say there will be, either as exclusives or in one of the later series.

Why only 11 years though? Are you thinking of the McFarlane days when we hoped they'd make a full squad of marines and all we got was one over-muscled stupidly pre-posed Hicks?

I started collecting when I was 16 so that is how long I have been waiting for these things.

I started collecting when I was 16 so that is how long I have been waiting for these things.

I was 12 when I first started collecting alien merchandise. Dream goal was a full warrior suit. Achieved that now I want NECA Aliens series 1 lol

Bri

Those figures look simply amazing. Just perfect!

Unfortunately, seeing how good these Marines turned out when actually painted makes me wish that figures like Dutch & Rambo weren't cast in the translucent plastics. Lots of the finer sculpt details are highlighted when figures are fully painted and not cast.

Here's hoping that 1/4 Dutch will be painted and not cast.

Here's a ton of pics of Aliens: Series 1- https://www.figures.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=6132

A few observations about the Alien warrior:

-He appears to be coated in a shiny gloss

-There looks to be a molding line seam running down the front of the face

-The mouth "tendons" appear to be painted, whereas the old Warrior Aliens mouth tendons were see-through

None of these are big problems or anything, just some things that I noticed. All in all, the figures look absolutley amazing.

Unfortunately, seeing how good these Marines turned out when actually painted makes me wish that figures like Dutch & Rambo weren't cast in the translucent plastics. Lots of the finer sculpt details are highlighted when figures are fully painted and not cast.

No way. If Dutch was fully painted a lot of those small details in the sculpt would have been covered up.

These are unreal. And the Warrior looks pretty good in those pics, better than the official packaged shots led me to believe. Need to start making some phone calls and checking stores. I think I'll be spending more money on NECA than Hot Toys this summer since the latter haven't announced anything besides more Iron Man stuff and a (IMO overdue) Roadblock.

EDIT: Just saw the Figures.com pictures. My single gripe with the Warrior is that his mouth tendons aren't transparent. I'd be ok with them if they were at least painted more cleanly, but whatever. I'll see how many they have in-store and pick the best one.

Last edited:
No way. If Dutch was fully painted a lot of those small details in the sculpt would have been covered up.

It does seem to be a matter of taste but I prefer the way Dutch is done. Gone is that horrible rough skin texture plus the paint is probably the best we've seen in a long while IMO :dunno I wish the marines and Terminators were done that way.

Back