NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing can touch Neca's size/cost/quality/accuracy ratio!

I agree and thanks for all your help guys. The figure I'm talking about is Dutch in package for $25 shipped from China. Does anybody know if Dutch got bootlegged or is it just the Aliens?

I agree and thanks for all your help guys. The figure I'm talking about is Dutch in package for $25 shipped from China. Does anybody know if Dutch got bootlegged or is it just the Aliens?

If it's cheap and from China, I give you 98% odds of a knockoff.

Everything gets bootlegged. Often from the original factories, but with weaker lower quality plastics and sloppy paint.

If it's cheap and from China, I give you 98% odds of a knockoff.

Everything gets bootlegged. Often from the original factories, but with weaker lower quality plastics and sloppy paint.

That's what I was worried about! Thanks for the info:) the packaging looks legit and his posting says Neca original but he has a lot of neutral and negative feedback so I guess the writing is on the wall.

2ecistu.png
This had better not be the second of the two Marines NECA said would be released this year...

While I'm delighted they're giving us Newt and Vasquez I agree, that would have been unfairly misleading. No one would have considered Kenner Ripley to be a marine.

Which other marine is top of your wishlist?

Well they said this is nowhere close to all of series 9, and series 9 is Aliens so im assuming there are more marines.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

While I'm delighted they're giving us Newt and Vasquez I agree, that would have been unfairly misleading. No one would have considered Kenner Ripley to be a marine.

Which other marine is top of your wishlist?
Crowe, as he's probably the most generic and "blank-slate" of them all and thus the most useful for customizing. I'd be living on ramen for months... :lol

Crowe, as he's probably the most generic and "blank-slate" of them all and thus the most useful for customizing. I'd be living on ramen for months... :lol

Would you be customising the other movie-marines or making squads of made-up ones? Just, if we get a marine as relatively obscure as Crowe I'd be more optimistic that no customising of the other marines would even be necessary, they'd eventually get made anyway. Well, in that scenario since I'm not much of a customiser that would be my hope at least.

More likely I see them sticking to the most distinguishable marines. Hicks, Hudson, Vasquez and Drake. Apone seems to be out of the question but Ricco Ross keeps up with all the conventions and anniversary celebrations so I think that increases the likelihood of Frost being made.

Someone asked if Gorman was possible. ''Not part of the license''. Someone else asked if we would see the rest of the squad in limited run - ''we can only do who we have the rights to. Many actor likenesses aren't included in the license''

Nothing we didn't know. It doesn't tell us about their intentions though - are they/have they been pursuing the likeness rights to the entire cast with a desire to make all of them as figures. I don't think they'd answer that.

I saw that tweet. Does that mean it's going to be a larger wave than usual? It's usually just 3-4 figures.

The wording on the tweet of that kenner Ripley included the phrase 'alien day exclusive'. That has me thinking (and fearing) the newt and Vaz will be an 'exclusive' wave. That in turn has me thinking that vaz will be the pulse rifle and pistol toting version.

Then that still leaves open the actual series 9 for 3 (or 4) separate figures that likely includes Vaz with smartgun and another marine (drake?) along with Some repackage of the warrior.

But I could be way off. I've been on a cold streak with these predictions!

The wording on the tweet of that kenner Ripley included the phrase 'alien day exclusive'. That has me thinking (and fearing) the newt and Vaz will be an 'exclusive' wave. That in turn has me thinking that vaz will be the pulse rifle and pistol toting version.

Then that still leaves open the actual series 9 for 3 (or 4) separate figures that likely includes Vaz with smartgun and another marine (drake?) along with Some repackage of the warrior.

But I could be way off. I've been on a cold streak with these predictions!

You could be right with Vaz in that they could do two versions of her, with one being the more popular version with the smart gun for mass retail since she will sell well and a big name marine and then the Alien Day version could be just her with the 9mm and a more stripped down appearance as she is in the last half of the film. I don't think we would see an Alien Day version of Newt though, unless of coarse they do a version of her in Ripley's bomber jacket and Hick's helmet.

What I think they could do is maybe make the Kenner version the online day only exclusive since it would not be a big hit the masses as much as she would with the more hardcore Aliens fans that know or knew about the Kenner line growing up. I could be wrong though so I guess we will see what happens but regardless I think NECA will be selling something one the day and not just revealing things.

Someone asked if Gorman was possible. ''Not part of the license''. Someone else asked if we would see the rest of the squad in limited run - ''we can only do who we have the rights to. Many actor likenesses aren't included in the license''

Nothing we didn't know. It doesn't tell us about their intentions though - are they/have they been pursuing the likeness rights to the entire cast with a desire to make all of them as figures. I don't think they'd answer that.

Well it was not that long ago that we all thought Newt was a far off dream in the line after so many denials and silence from NECA and now she is a reality so who knows whose coming up and whose likeness they have in their back pocket. I'm guessing we will some more reveals on Alien Day for sure but the huge jaw droppers will be kept for SDCC.

I will say though I hope the power loader sold well enough for them to reconsider doing more stuff outside just figures and build a more robust line they got going. I think part of the reason their Planet Of The Apes line died before it could really kick up was that there were two many figures and not enough break ups in the wave to get a bit of breathing room. I'm not expecting Sulaco hanger bay or a APC, but something would be cool to break up the human and alien figure fatigue.

This had better not be the second of the two Marines NECA said would be released this year...

I don't think they would do that to us, they know she is not a Marine so I believe this will be in addition to what else they have planned. I'm really hoping we get 4 figures in the Aliens wave and 3 are Marines - I know that probably won't happen but I'm hoping.

I don't think they would do that to us, they know she is not a Marine so I believe this will be in addition to what else they have planned. I'm really hoping we get 4 figures in the Aliens wave and 3 are Marines - I know that probably won't happen but I'm hoping.

NECA could do a mostly marine wave if it was loaded with the big named characters so they would not be worried about it not selling well, but then again time and time again we are told human figures dont sell as well as the Alien ones at mass retail so there is that.

Back