NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the NECA Big Chap and I honestly can't see how anyone would prefer it from this new HT warrior or the old Big Chap for that matter. I know it might be a bit more accurate in some ways, but to me it feels like a giant piece of (cheap) plastic compared to the delicate HTs. I totally get that it's 'better for the money' but one on one there's no competition. Sorry.

Thanks for your opinion too. That's the word...hot toys looks more delicate. But I don't agree with neca looks a giant piece of cheap plastic. 1/4 big chap looks stunining but I haven't seen the old ht big chap in person:)

Some people like me would prefer neca line because we can have tbe complete line: big chap, warrior, dog, queen... With ht we never know. Also I am afraid about some qc problems with ruber in ht alien figures.

I had the NECA Big Chap and I honestly can't see how anyone would prefer it from this new HT warrior or the old Big Chap for that matter. I know it might be a bit more accurate in some ways, but to me it feels like a giant piece of (cheap) plastic compared to the delicate HTs. I totally get that it's 'better for the money' but one on one there's no competition. Sorry.
The new hot toys warrior looks alot better than their earlier efforts, but I would never buy the hot toys big chap even if it was the same price as Neca's 1/4 scale, I cant stand how the hot toys version looks. I am very picky on accuracy for the big chap and Necas version is just barely good enough for me. The Hot Toys version looks like they didnt even care when they made it, its my least favorite representation of the big chap in figure form. I see so much care go into other franchises that hot toys makes, but they seem to give little effort into their Alien line and insist on using rubber.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Thanks for your opinion too. That's the word...hot toys looks more delicate. But I don't agree with neca looks a giant piece of cheap plastic. 1/4 big chap looks stunining but I haven't seen the old ht big chap in person:)

Yes, sorry I shouldn't have said 'looks like', I mean feels like a giant piece of plastic.

The new hot toys warrior looks alot better than their earlier efforts, but I would never buy the hot toys big chap even if it was the same price as Neca's 1/4 scale, I cant stand how the hot toys version looks. I am very picky on accuracy for the big chap and Necas version is just barely good enough for me. The Hot Toys version looks like they didnt even care when they made it, its my least favorite representation of the big chap in figure form. I see so much care go into other franchises that hot toys makes, but they seem to give little effort into their Alien line and insist on using rubber.

I understand that, but I still love the HT Big Chap. And the rubber - I see the issues but it still looks so freaking good.

I have to say though, I would love for whoever painted this alien to paint mine :)
c277f828e9dd70737558354d509d10df.jpg

I believe it was clutch on this forum who painted it, right?

The articulation ruins the realism a bit. So l understand what Manu is saying.
However....at the price these things go for they should be near 100% accurate. HT falls short on this area.

Yeah!I don't know if it's the articulation but also the ht line is more delicate in details than the neca line. But I have to see better pictures of the warrior as I said yesterday. Bt the way, the real HT warrior, not the proto one looks worse I think...just my opinion...

Still early days I know but has anyone heard anything about if the merch revealed on lv426 alien day will so be okay to buy that day as well ? Is it just gonna be SMS big preview day or can fans buy the items or at the least pre order them on the day ?
I've given up any hope of getting the alien stomper sneakers since they're gonna be expensive for an Aussie like me unless a store here stocks them, so now I just want to get the three neca figures that were mentioned - Vaz, Newt and the Kenner Ripley.

Got my series whatever number it is with the AvP aliens and the translucent Giger alien!

I've only had time to open the Giger alien and the regular AvP alien.

Both look great, but the Giger one has the usual failings: slightly wonky legs, a couple of stuck joints and somewhat bent tubes. Nothin terribly bad, but it's the usual less than stellar factory work. It does look very striking next to the regular black version, makes you wonder how things would've been if they had managed to make it translucent back then.

The AvP warrior is great. No bent tubes, no wonky limbs, no misaligned jaw, no stuck joints. The chest/abdominal and neck articulation are a bit restricted, but it's a great figure!

All four different aliens look great next to each other, really makes me hope NECA will do the A:R and AvP-R xenon quickly.

Long night at the office, so I decided to unpack Scar.
I like the regular alien better.
The paint scheme isn't a nice on Scar, the blueish tint doesn't do it for me, and I really dislike the black dome. Otherwise, it's a solid figure.

Really weird how NECA on twitter has been so silent last couple of days. Given how regular Randy and Co used to be on and talking with fans a couple of days of nothing is kinda freaky. Wonder if they got big things planned......

Back