NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
... since I chose to separate the AVP movies from the Alien and Predator movies, I can bypass the lack of imagination or vision (specially the second one) and B-movie vibe, kinda like a curious "what if" tale :)
Yeah, it's the same thing for me with AR. I can enjoy it perfectly fine if I see it as a weird comicbook adaptation :lol

Sure from a film standpoint ressurrection is laughable. But since it's designed to be a comedy I guess they made what they wanted.

But they didn't though. It's been talked about at length here and elsewhere. Joss Whedon wrote the film tongue-in-cheek, like Firefly or Buffy. The problem arose with a director who didn't speak any English, had the script translated to him, took it as serious, and shot the film that way, with the jokes and quips and strangness left in but falling flat or coming across as simply demented because everybody played it all totally straight. Whedon wanted something loaded with smart dark humor, Jeunet wanted something smart and scary, and producers wanted a hit movie. None of them got what they wanted.
Sure people can appreciate the film for how it looks (it's a beautiful looking film, aside from the "Newborn." **** that thing) or for what it could have been under different circumstances, but that doesn't change what it is: a mess.

But they didn't though. It's been talked about at length here and elsewhere. Joss Whedon wrote the film tongue-in-cheek, like Firefly or Buffy. The problem arose with a director who didn't speak any English, had the script translated to him, took it as serious, and shot the film that way, with the jokes and quips and strangness left in but falling flat or coming across as simply demented because everybody played it all totally straight. Whedon wanted something loaded with smart dark humor, Jeunet wanted something smart and scary, and producers wanted a hit movie. None of them got what they wanted.
Sure people can appreciate the film for how it looks (it's a beautiful looking film, aside from the "Newborn." **** that thing) or for what it could have been under different circumstances, but that doesn't change what it is: a mess.
Didn't know about the multiple sides. Well sure thr cinematography looks great but in general it really is a terrible alien film. It just doesn't belong in the series and everything thay has happend with an alien in it too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Well, at this point in time, I'm very sure it would've been better just by removing Whedon, I don't know what the person who started the train of "Whedon writes funny smart dialogue" was smoking.

Tongue-in-cheek and even humorous doesn't necessarily mean comedic. Even without all that, playing the film totally straight, with a script that's written totally straight, a director who doesn't know what the **** the actors are saying can't get the best performances out of them. Hell, he got just plain bad ones out of some really great actors because not only did he not understand them, but he cared more about the look of the film than the substance of it, the broader strokes but not the details. There's plenty of blame to go around on a completely unnecessary film that failed in almost every way, but Jean-Pierre Jeunet couldn't have made any script work besides a French one, and even that is arguable.

If he actually didn't understand a word of English then it's quite impressive what he did :lol

Despite its many many flaws there's a lot salvageable from it, the characters are awesome, save a couple, the visuals, the soundtrack, the action.

It most certainly did fail in all it was attempting as an Alien movie, but I can still enjoy it a lot, it has a lot more rewatch value for me than AVP, AVPR and even Predators. And Predators, while also bad, it's arguably a better movie.

ARGH! I have experienced my first NECA breakage. Damn it.

My Black Alien from the Kenner Alien/Predator pack.....his right foot just snapped off at the ankle. Siiigh. I'm so depressed. I put glue on it that usually fixes plastic but I don't know if it's gonna bond or not. Even if it does, it'll never move again.

How do you guys fix these things?

ARGH! I have experienced my first NECA breakage. Damn it.

My Black Alien from the Kenner Alien/Predator pack.....his right foot just snapped off at the ankle. Siiigh. I'm so depressed. I put glue on it that usually fixes plastic but I don't know if it's gonna bond or not. Even if it does, it'll never move again.

How do you guys fix these things?
Contact NECA for a replacement.

I'm in Japan. I doubt they'll help me. And I can't return it to amazon cause I threw the packaging away.

Really if they decided to clone Ripley as just Ripley and not a hybrid it would have been a lot better. And had giger redesign the alien. Maybe if they had shown another quality to the queen by studying insect hive defence or something. Such as termites crushing their own outerwalls to explode releasing their poison...the scientists could have shown how the creature adapts to the predators in the surroundings...the queen could have passed a evolutionary trait while in her cell... Maybe even clone newt since they had actual blood samples. And have Ripley find her. There are so many logical ways they could have taken the series. But they just wanted action and forget what made alien so scary.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Contact NECA for a replacement.

Because it's a Toys R Us exclusive, they aren't able to offer replacements. Sorry, Otomofan. At this point, I'd only use NECA figures for a kitbashed diorama anyways. You can't rely on the plastic to hold up to 'repeated action figure posing'. :(

Anyway, bare in mind that we never saw the newborn develop. So to compare it to the predalien is unfair, you'd have to pair it to the freshly born predalien which was a small snake like chastburster. The reason we never saw anything like it in the Alien universe before, is that none had been born in this manner before. It would have been nice to see it grow a bit more.

I would always like to think that since the Newborn was a total genetic freak, an abhorrent mutation brought upon by the mixing of Alien and Human DNA through an imperfect cloning process and a 1-shot birth by the Queen, that as it continued to grow and mature it would develop tumors, deformations and severe neurological problems.

Just got my power loader and eggs. I gotta say, anyone questioning the price point on this thing just needs to see it in person. The amount of moving parts is staggering. This is one nice piece. Very cool.

Eggs are average. Nifty to have, nothing special.

Just got my power loader and eggs. I gotta say, anyone questioning the price point on this thing just needs to see it in person. The amount of moving parts is staggering. This is one nice piece. Very cool.

It's fantastic. To have the Powerloader and Queen in the same scale at last* is amazing and it has been a long time coming. I thought we'd have this back when McFarlane had the license. No such luck. NECA have well and truly destroyed the old McFarlane lines.

The Powerloader, the Queen, Ripley and marines, human characters from Alien, ED-209, every predator from the movies, the Predator 2 Trophy wall, most versions of Dutch, almost every possible T-800 variant from T1 and T2, Kyle Reese, T-1000s and soon Sarah Connor. Really a fantastic range from the big four Aliens & Robot's franchises.

*I know Kenner had a Queen and Powerloader but obviously those were way off in terms of accuracy and for me don't really count. And I dunno there might be some Sideshow statues or something but I'm concerned only with poseable figures

It's fantastic. To have the Powerloader and Queen in the same scale at last* is amazing and it has been a long time coming. I thought we'd have this back when McFarlane had the license. No such luck. NECA have well and truly destroyed the old McFarlane lines.

The Powerloader, the Queen, Ripley and marines, human characters from Alien, ED-209, every predator from the movies, the Predator 2 Trophy wall, most versions of Dutch, almost every possible T-800 variant from T1 and T2, Kyle Reese, T-1000s and soon Sarah Connor. Really a fantastic range from the big four Aliens & Robot's franchises.

*I know Kenner had a Queen and Powerloader but obviously those were way off in terms of accuracy and for me don't really count. And I dunno there might be some Sideshow statues or something but I'm concerned only with poseable figures

...after I got Godzilla 2014, I was supposed to only collect Alien figures, since it's my favorite film series, but one thing led to another and now I'm collecting Predator (using the "my AVP Aliens need someone to fight with, but I should also get figures from the standalone Predator series... and Dutch looks too cool" excuse) and have begun Terminator (because Sarah looks so good and needs a Terminator to go with her). Next year I plan to get RoboCop and ED-209, and let's no forget I'm ordering the Home Alone retro figures because I love that movie.

So yeah, with so many great looking figures, NECA has a permanent grip on my wallet :p

Back