NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know they addressed the Queen on Twitter (can't remember if they said we'd see her though), but have they said anything about 1/4 scale figures? Most excited for those.

Not sure about any 1/4 scale figures. I get the impression they'd really like to show us the Queen but it really depends on how far Kyle gets with her though as he was working on her at the hospital with his brother.

I know they addressed the Queen on Twitter (can't remember if they said we'd see her though), but have they said anything about 1/4 scale figures? Most excited for those.

It was quite some time ago but they have said the first one they will do is the Aliens warrior. I really hope we get Chap and the Dog too. These alien sculpts deserve to get the quarter scale treatment.

I had time to unpack the second alien over the weekend, and to my surprise, despite the wonky dome, this one's even better than the first one I unpacked.
The dome was very easy to fix: just a drop or two of superglue got the job done.

Enviado desde mi iPhone con Tapatalk

How do you avoid those ugly glue marks though?

I can push the dome down on one side only, but its slightly up on both sides. I think I'd have to take it off completely and try to reglue it. Not sure I want to risk it at all on my only sample of the figure.

I suppose it depends on what type of glue you use... I used some cheap brand that I had bought off a street vendor, one of those super bonder type of glues.
The problem on mine was that the the little tab on the side of the dome didn't fit into the corresponding notch on the side of the skull, so I had to carefully lift the dome (it's very pliable), cut off the tab, dab some glue all along the edge of the skull and then just press firmly for a while.

I also had some time to do a quick side by side with the 1.0 version, and it really is no contest... the new sculpt just blows the old one away.

Mine should arrive tomorrow too along with the genocide pack. Hoping the dome is ok it’s my most anticipated figure of this wave :pray:

So I had two of the blue warriors arrive today … one was actually perfect! No warping anywhere, paint looks pretty decent no real slop etc. I did notice it had come slightly loose in the packet. Its back fin had fallen out and looking at my other one may have saved me getting warped tubes.

The real issue I am having is posing them. I can seem to get a dynamic pose without the legs looking all awkward. Gunna have to take a look at some photos to get ideas.

This will do until I can find some stands or something to make the aliens more secure. Other than Eggs and Facehuggers the other thing I would really love to see from the Aliens line would be a Vasquez figure :rock

s2.jpg

Had some more "playtime" last night and I was very surprised to see that there's a lot more re-sculpted in the alien than I thought.
Apart from the obvious parts, like hands, legs, feet, face and dome, it looks to me that the torso was also re-sculpted. The back tubes are positioned higher up, and there's differences in many details.
So this is almost an entirely new sculpt. Nice work!

"How do you avoid those ugly glue marks though?"

I removed the dome on mine heated the head up with a hairdryer and then fit the dome to the heated head ran it under cold water to cool it dryed both off (make sure there aren't any drops under dome) took the dome back off, applied glue, reseated the dome and it looks perfect. It just takes the smallest dot of glue to work and doesn't leave any markings.

Last edited:
Mine arrived today. Such an awesome figure they really nailed it this time. No real issues with the dome. There is a small gap either side further back on the head but it doesn’t expose the skull at all so no need for a fix.

Alien35.jpg

Mine arrived today. Such an awesome figure they really nailed it this time. No real issues with the dome. There is a small gap either side further back on the head but it doesn’t expose the skull at all so no need for a fix.

View attachment 92062

Where did you get that figure stand?

Btw, I don't think the Queen's making it to TF. Kyle's brother is nearing the end tonight according to his fb support page. My prayers are with him and his family.

Where did you get that figure stand?

Btw, I don't think the Queen's making it to TF. Kyle's brother is nearing the end tonight according to his fb support page. My prayers are with him and his family.

Wow man, that's some sad news about his Brother :(

Very sad. At least the tribute figure came out on time, hopefully there's a nice 2up example of it however much consolation it might be.

God bless 'em! My Dad lost his battle a few days ago. Cancer can die of AIDS.

Back