NECA 18" Alien in hand pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.thrifty

Super Freak
Reaction score
thought I would start a new thread so new pics don't get lost in the other thread. here it is again.
first things first. this is huge!! impressive figure indeed. and for $34 can't beat it. to start off if you don't like those little twistie ties, stay away hot water is needed to put the legs on. as for the jaw, you have to open it yourself and pull the inner mouth out. stands an impressive 22" tall. the head is almost 10" long and the tail is a softer rubber pretty much like the hot toys versions. as I sit here an look at it; all I can say is damn! that is f'n HUGE. here's some shots. if anyone wants a certain pic LMK.

neca18alien001.jpg

neca18alien002.jpg

neca18alien003.jpg

neca18alien004.jpg

neca18alien005.jpg

neca18alien006.jpg

neca18alien007.jpg

neca18alien008.jpg

neca18alien009.jpg

neca18alien010.jpg

good googly moogly................that is bad ass !!!!!!!!!! i cant wait for mine. does he feel sturdy and solid once put together or fragile?

good googly moogly................that is bad ass !!!!!!!!!! i cant wait for mine. does he feel sturdy and solid once put together or fragile?

SOLID! not very stable in the bent position. it does have holes in the feet if you want to make a base. have to adjust the tail some to find the right spot. pics do it no justice. upright position is best imo. :D

SOLID! not very stable in the bent position. it does have holes in the feet if you want to make a base. have to adjust the tail some to find the right spot. pics do it no justice. upright position is best imo. :D

:banana.................im excited as hell for this thing. the in hand pics should inspire more people to pick it up. he is ginormous.

And here I was...trying to hold off for the Medicom and Hot Toys versions.
F^^^^^.... now I HAVE to get one thanks to your awesome pictures. Thanks a lot man! :mad:

PS...cool alligator head on your mantle there, and what's the cat called?

And here I was...trying to hold off for the Medicom and Hot Toys versions.
F^^^^^.... now I HAVE to get one thanks to your awesome pictures. Thanks a lot man! :mad:

PS...cool alligator head on your mantle there, and what's the cat called?

why did you unstealth? the cat is Fat Black as I call her. see her lounging in the show your pets thread.

This kinda sucks for me because I wanted to match it up with my Power Loader but this thing will TOWER over it...

Is that the most closed its mouth goes?

I'm just wondering if it can be made to look more like this:

1979_alien_014.jpg

Than this:

neca18alien007.jpg

I'm still not sold on the dimensions of the jaw area. I know there were multiple heads, but the distance between where the ears would be if it had them, and the throat area, still looks wrong to me. Sort of lower and more distended than it should be.

However don't get me wrong, the general look of the thing is excellent and I'll still be getting one. I don't mean to be overly critical, I mean for $34 who can really be too fussy! :)

no. you can't get the mouth to fully close. sure you could figure out how to make it. :D
Neca's new PF. that's Plastic Format. :lol

Damn that's beautiful!
Thanks a lot for the pics. Can you take some without the flash?
Regarding the question on getting the mouth to close more, Kyle was furious about it, because the factory in China screwed up on the 21" figure. The 9" figure's jaws seem to close better.

Another pic request: could you pose one of the HT aliens upright next to the NECA alien? To give Kyle a better idea on the size we'd need for a 1/6 scale NECA alien! :D

Intriguing. Has anyone received the 9" version yet?

great pics man!!! I'm waiting for AlterEgo to ship mine. Hopefully sooner than later!

That thing is huge!!! i'm not too crazy about the cut joint right above the knees, but outside of that, the thing is gorgeous, and will be proudly displayed.

Back