NECA 18" Alien in hand pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was able to get mine to have his mouth closed more than in the figure pics, it looks much closer to the "real" picture. I can't close them all the way, but his teeth are touching. Although, with some hot water, I might be able to get it to completely close.

Makes me happy since I'm not a fan of the inner jaws sticking out.

Strangely enough, I didn't try to do that pose when I was playing with it at NECA's offices... silly me.
But no, I don't think it can do it. The mid-abdomen articulation doesn't have enough range of movement for that, I think.
Balance is another issue of course, no figure can hold that pose unassisted.

I was able to get mine to have his mouth closed more than in the figure pics, it looks much closer to the "real" picture. I can't close them all the way, but his teeth are touching. Although, with some hot water, I might be able to get it to completely close.

Makes me happy since I'm not a fan of the inner jaws sticking out.

how so? did you use hot water for that, or just use some brute force?

how so? did you use hot water for that, or just use some brute force?

Brute force. I just squeezed his mouth shut. On mine, the back teeth are touching.

On the bad side, the inner jaw is really loose and tends to pop out if his mouth is open.

I guess since this is the pics thread, I'll post them here as well.

ENJOY!

21 Inch Version
100_4538.jpg
100_4539.jpg

100_4541.jpg
100_4542.jpg

100_4548.jpg

100_4550.jpg

100_4551.jpg

Con't

Beautiful pics!
Looking at the pic of the 9" and the Wolf, I can only dream of how nice it would be if NECA made this one in 1/6 scale!
I wish they'd hidden the articulation on the knees and ankles as well as they did on the elbows.
This is truly the best alien figure out there.
Imagine, you can find your favourite pose, have the joints glued and covered, and then send it to one of the master customizers here for a repaint and I guaran-^^^^ing-tee you, you'll have a much nicer statue than the gazillions-worth Cinemaquette.
IMHO of course, and no disrespect for the CM figure. It's just that it puts into perspective for me just how well sculpted this "action-figure" is. Obviously we're talking about two very different types of collectibles that shouldn't be really compared in the first place.
I'm babbling, sorry! It's just that I'm really stoked!
Any CM owners who could post side by sides? I'd love to see the size comparison.

Back