NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What worked for me was to have my address saved in my NECA account and then save my cc info into Google Chrome. It literally took me about 10 seconds to add to cart to complete transaction.

I love the response Neca gave over at AFJ. So, basically they have an old, antiquated, completely outdated way of selling off these exclusives and they’ll defend it to the death. Got it.

Meanwhile, all manner of people have suggested adopting the Ticketmaster checkout system, reducing the purchasing limits and also trying to approach Playmates to finally strike some kind of deal.

I hope the new TMNT series flops and the toys tank (because they honestly look like some of the worst toys I’ve ever seen in my life), forcing Playmates to possibly look into forming a partnership of some kind. Then, maybe fans who grew up loving this property will stop being bled dry or left out in the cold.

Checked Neca’s twitter feed as well and they’re acting like people don’t have a right to be upset about this. This isn’t some MCU TRU exclusive. This could very well be the only chance any fan gets at owning these figures, ever. And scalpers are very aware of this. Did they not see all the reports about ebay flooding with listings as orders were confirmed, moments after going live?

My biggest gripe after reading the article is the lack of acknowledgment that the limitation is too high.

I blame playmates. If they’d let go of the license a bit we’d have quality figures by now. Playmates has shown they are incompetent at making adult collectibles so give the license to freaking neca. Infact playmates sucks at making tmnt nowadays

Would it kill them to do at least one day, JUST ONE ****ING DAY where they limit these to 1 per? I just don't get it...

I guess they just don't GAF.

I played around on The NECA Store's website quite a bit this morning before the exclusives became available, and I found a method that seems to have greatly helped me snag my 7" Turtles (once I got them into my cart and got through the "you're in line to checkout screen" that showed up after I clicked the blue Check Out button on the cart page).

Of course I could've just gotten really lucky, but this method definitely saves some time and clicks/typing. I recommend that everyone here who wants one of the Turtles sets tries it out now and then uses it tomorrow and/or Friday (assuming NECA doesn't change anything on their site between now and then):

1. Log-in to your The NECA Store account and make sure that all of your shipping information is current and correct.
2. Ten or fifteen minutes before the exclusives are set to go live, find a normal/non-exclusive item of theirs and add it to your cart (I used this one- https://thenecastore.com/collection...-gift-set-marvel-series-1?variant=20068123335).
3. Click the "View cart and check out" banner that pops up and then click the blue "Check Out" button on the cart page.
4. Click the yellow PayPal button (if you're paying with PayPal, which I would recommend, as this method is faster/requires less clicks and typing than paying with a credit card).
5. Log-in to your PayPal account in the PayPal window that pops up, select how you'll want to pay for your Turtles (once you have them in your cart later), then click the blue Continue button.
6. The PayPal window will close, and the first page of the checkout process will reload, telling you to enter a "valid" phone number.
7. Enter one, then click the "Continue to shipping method" button.
8. Select a Shipping method on the next page of the checkout process, then click the "Continue to payment method" button.
9. On this last page of the checkout process, all of your information should be complete and correct, but make sure everything looks right.
10. If it is, click the blue "Cart" word at the top left of this page to send you back to your cart.
11. Delete whatever test item you had in your cart from the cart, then click the "Continue browsing" button.
12. Add a different test item to your cart (or the Turtles themselves if they're live, but I tested a couple of other items beforehand to make sure this method was working) and then click the "View cart and check out" banner.
13. On the cart page, click the Checkout button.
14. You should now be taken to the "Shipping method" page of the checkout process where you have to select a different shipping speed/cost because you now have a different item in your cart than the test item you had in your cart earlier. Pick one, then click the "Continue to payment information" button.
15. You'll now be on the final page of the checkout process, and your shipping address and PayPal info should be saved from when you had a test item in your cart earlier.

When the Turtles go live (of course be refreshing the SDCC 2018 Exclusives page (https://thenecastore.com/collections/sdcc-2018-exclusives) leading up to the top of the hour), add them to your cart the second they become available, repeat the instructions of this method starting at number 12., and then click the blue "Complete order" button to get your Turtles!

This method requires a few minutes and some work before the exclusives go live again tomorrow and Friday, but it results in much fewer clicks and typing (e.g., time) than just being logged in to your The NECA Store account, as it bypasses the Shipping method screen, all the PayPal stuff, and the "valid" phone number issue that can pop up during the checkout process. I don't know how long your shipping address and payment info will be saved in the checkout process before it expires (maybe indefinitely), but I did this method on three devices ten minutes before the exclusives went live and I got a set without issue.

If you don't use PayPal, you can still use this method to bypass the Shipping method screen and the "valid" phone number thing, but you'll have to fill in your credit card info on the final page of the checkout process. Obviously a form auto-filler would help with that/speed it up, or you could copy/paste your CC number to save you from having to type it and use up more time.

Let me know if anyone has trouble with or questions about this method!

This is a great idea. I already snagged mine but I wanted to quote it in case anyone missed this.

I blame playmates. If they’d let go of the license a bit we’d have quality figures by now. Playmates has shown they are incompetent at making adult collectibles so give the license to freaking neca. Infact playmates sucks at making tmnt nowadays
Have to agree. The last good quality, well designed figures they produced were all released in 2012. That’s six straight years of mediocrity. Yet, they want to hamper Neca’s ability to give passionate fans toys worthy of the franchise namesake? Get the **** out of here.

Would it kill them to do at least one day, JUST ONE ****ING DAY where they limit these to 1 per? I just don't get it...

I guess they just don't GAF.
Exactly! Lower the damn limitation. I’m sorry to anyone who always buys two, one to keep MIB/MOC, but this is one of those rare cases where that isn’t necessary. The figures can go right back in the box and you won’t see much, if any, devaluing going on down the road. These will likely only continue to steadily increase.

I played around on The NECA Store's website quite a bit this morning before the exclusives became available, and I found a method that seems to have greatly helped me snag my 7" Turtles (once I got them into my cart and got through the "you're in line to checkout screen" that showed up after I clicked the blue Check Out button on the cart page).

Of course I could've just gotten really lucky, but this method definitely saves some time and clicks/typing. I recommend that everyone here who wants one of the Turtles sets tries it out now and then uses it tomorrow and/or Friday (assuming NECA doesn't change anything on their site between now and then):

1. Log-in to your The NECA Store account and make sure that all of your shipping information is current and correct.
2. Ten or fifteen minutes before the exclusives are set to go live, find a normal/non-exclusive item of theirs and add it to your cart (I used this one- https://thenecastore.com/collection...-gift-set-marvel-series-1?variant=20068123335).
3. Click the "View cart and check out" banner that pops up and then click the blue "Check Out" button on the cart page.
4. Click the yellow PayPal button (if you're paying with PayPal, which I would recommend, as this method is faster/requires less clicks and typing than paying with a credit card).
5. Log-in to your PayPal account in the PayPal window that pops up, select how you'll want to pay for your Turtles (once you have them in your cart later), then click the blue Continue button.
6. The PayPal window will close, and the first page of the checkout process will reload, telling you to enter a "valid" phone number.
7. Enter one, then click the "Continue to shipping method" button.
8. Select a Shipping method on the next page of the checkout process, then click the "Continue to payment method" button.
9. On this last page of the checkout process, all of your information should be complete and correct, but make sure everything looks right.
10. If it is, click the blue "Cart" word at the top left of this page to send you back to your cart.
11. Delete whatever test item you had in your cart from the cart, then click the "Continue browsing" button.
12. Add a different test item to your cart (or the Turtles themselves if they're live, but I tested a couple of other items beforehand to make sure this method was working) and then click the "View cart and check out" banner.
13. On the cart page, click the Checkout button.
14. You should now be taken to the "Shipping method" page of the checkout process where you have to select a different shipping speed/cost because you now have a different item in your cart than the test item you had in your cart earlier. Pick one, then click the "Continue to payment information" button.
15. You'll now be on the final page of the checkout process, and your shipping address and PayPal info should be saved from when you had a test item in your cart earlier.

When the Turtles go live (of course be refreshing the SDCC 2018 Exclusives page (https://thenecastore.com/collections/sdcc-2018-exclusives) leading up to the top of the hour), add them to your cart the second they become available, repeat the instructions of this method starting at number 12., and then click the blue "Complete order" button to get your Turtles!

This method requires a few minutes and some work before the exclusives go live again tomorrow and Friday, but it results in much fewer clicks and typing (e.g., time) than just being logged in to your The NECA Store account, as it bypasses the Shipping method screen, all the PayPal stuff, and the "valid" phone number issue that can pop up during the checkout process. I don't know how long your shipping address and payment info will be saved in the checkout process before it expires (maybe indefinitely), but I did this method on three devices ten minutes before the exclusives went live and I got a set without issue.

If you don't use PayPal, you can still use this method to bypass the Shipping method screen and the "valid" phone number thing, but you'll have to fill in your credit card info on the final page of the checkout process. Obviously a form auto-filler would help with that/speed it up, or you could copy/paste your CC number to save you from having to type it and use up more time.

Let me know if anyone has trouble with or questions about this method!

This is EXACTLY what I did yesterday, and I easily snagged a set. It was just second nature for me, to do all of this stuff. I'd assume that everyone would have done the same to prepare if they really wanted a set. This set was SO much easier than getting an NES or SNES Classic for example. NECA's site worked very well for me, in comparison to say Amazon or Walmart getting an NES haha. It's not a bad system, you just have to know what your doing and prepare. Other major retailers do not let you hold items in your cart. Digital tickets make sense, but no other merchandise have I ever seen been "held" in a cart from places like Walmart, Amazon, Target, Best Buy, etc.

There will be even more available tomorrow so just follow this method above, and you guys should be good to go!

So, already having your account info set up, logging in ahead of time, constantly refreshing the page and then being logged into PayPal isn’t good enough? Then, I’m just ebaying the ****. No one should need an e-commerce degree to get a set of friggin toys. And to expect people to...

I am extremely grateful I never got into Mattel toys and had to deal with that whole song and dance. It sucks this has happened to one of my childhood grails though.

But it’s okay. Whatever I pay over retail, which goes directly into a scumbag scalper’s coffers, will be that much more money that Neca doesn’t get from me. I don’t normally hold on to grudges, but on this one occasion, you can bet your ass I am. Won’t be picking up anymore Neca figures for a while, if only to offset what I have to give to a ******** on eBay.

I think everyone not able to grab a set has a right to be this disappointed and upset. It’s frustrating. And they don’t even seem to want to change anything. That’s what’s worse, honestly. It’s great if you managed to get a set, but a large chunk of these went straight to the secondary market. Reducing the purchase count to one and implementing a Ticketmaster system (since these are hot ticket items and a scalper’s wet dream) would go a long way and a lesser degree of fans would be up in arms.

If this was as hugely anticipated as all this seems to have been... why in the hell did Playmates and Neca not sit down and hash something out? These are the most beloved iterations of the Turtles. Honestly, if I had the room... I’d just ****ing order the quarter scale Turtles and be done with it.

Damn, stupid US only store... I really wanted this set , but living in the UK I don't think there's any way I'll be finding this at a reasonable price.

By everyone's accounts, I did it all wrong and was able to snag one: I was not logged in :slap, and I paid with PayPal. I will say Chrome's autocomplete helped me fly through the information screen though; just one letter and it filled in everything down to the phone number. I was at work, and we have in-house servers, so the type of connection may have helped, and I was in Incognito mode, so that would stop any browser extensions from slowing my connection. I also added the diorama to my cart before the box set was even showing up on the site.

Just did a quick eBay rundown on current and sold listings. Seems to be about 80 or so units, which accounts for only 1% of the 7,000 units. That means the vast majority of NECA's sales appear to be going toward ravenous fans. At least so far.

No one should need an e-commerce degree to get a set of friggin toys. And to expect people to...
For real. And for what it's worth, I tried almost all the recommended steps. I was already logged into TheNecaStore and PayPal (was not asked to sign in to either) and my shipping address and phone number were saved in my account. The set was in my cart the second it went up, but I was stuck in the "checkout line" for a good minute before seeing the shipping method screen. It was already too late at that point. From other reports, the set sold out in less than forty seconds. There was nothing I could have done to be more on the ball, which was the most frustrating part.

Better count again. I found at least 112, in total, and that’s only on eBay and using specific search terms. That’s not accounting for Facebook sales or any other places someone decides to hawk these off. One guy has ten available on eBay. TEN!!!

Some people are probably waiting to get these in hand before throwing them around on eBay as well. When they do finally ship, expect a temporary surge of them to hit the market. This two per limit is looking like it really might have fudged this release for a lot of people. Well done Neca.

But it’s okay. Whatever I pay over retail, which goes directly into a scumbag scalper’s coffers, will be that much more money that Neca doesn’t get from me.
would be true if they had trouble selling their stuff.
if they sell everything they make, they still collect all they plan to, no matter if you continue or stop buying Neca.
don't get me wrong, i agree with all the frustration in your post.

Back