NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate limited stuff like this. I was logged in and had them in my cart but by the time I put in my PayPal password and got redirected to the NECA site I got the message. I’ll be trying again but I’m not holding my breath given how fast today’s batch went.

Which sold out first? Diorama or regular set?

I was able to get the regular set using PayPal and having to enter my phone number. I think I just made it in just under the wire. One thing I did was have multiple browsers open in case one was faster than the others. I had Firefox, chrome, and safari open. I didn’t really need to as the order was fast with the first browser I used but I have had to switch in past situations. Mostly I think I was able to complete the order due to luck and a very fast internet connection. I also refreshed the exact second the regular set popped up. I know because my refresh the second before only had the diorama set
up.

NECA is only selling 5,000 of these sets correct? Did they disclose how many will be up for pre-order these next few days?

5,000 sets of turtles and 2,000 sets of turtles and diorama; so 7,000 total.

i dont understand how you guys got it so fast, credit card not paypal?

I used Paypal, I feel very lucky right now!

I hate limited stuff like this. I was logged in and had them in my cart but by the time I put in my PayPal password and got redirected to the NECA site I got the message. I’ll be trying again but I’m not holding my breath given how fast today’s batch went.

I think you can set PayPal to automatically sign in. I didn’t do that but saved a few seconds by having the password autofill.

neca sucks big time. For us in Europe, this is such a nightmare. I would buy this dio without any hesitation if I could. People already trying to sell it for $400 and more this is so lame.

This is a scalper's dream...Thanks NECA
Well it’s not exactly NECA’s fault. We have Playmates to blame because they hold the master license and apparently don’t allow other companies to sell Turtles figures at retail but I guess they’re able to be sold if they’re exclusives. It’s a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a scalper's dream...Thanks NECA
Yep.

Don’t worry, they’re getting absolutely destroyed on Facebook and I’m sure twitter as well. What they don’t realize is... most people have had to sit and ogle the amazing 1/4 scale figures for like two years now? And a lot of kids grew up watching the old films and with pop culture geekdom being as commonplace and accepted as it is now... there was more demand for this set than they probably anticipated. And of course, scalpers won the day, in the end.

I didn’t even bother with last year’s set and I actually wanted it a fair amount.

It's really playmates fault. Neca's website sucks tho.
Honestly, if I was Neca, I’d be trying to strike a deal with them to at least acquire rights to market movie and comic figures. Pay them royalties, raise prices a dollar if you have to. Just get it done.

Playmates doesn’t really do the comic or the movie stuff. The few times they have, it wasn’t impressive.

Just looking at Neca's twitter right now...seems like they don't give a **** about scalpers.

$ is $ to them.

There’s a scene in the movie “Straight Out of Compton”, where the NWA crew are on a tour bus and people outside are throwing their CD’s on the ground in protest. I think Dre makes a comment about destroying the CD's and Eazy says “I don’t give a **** they already bought it!!!”

I feel so dirty that I just paid rape price for this set, but the eBay code did help a bit. Just have very little faith in securing one the next two days after I was done with checkout in less the 30 seconds and it still sold out lol. Not saying it can’t happen, just most likely not going to happen. Same thing happened last year and NECA didn’t really seem to care then either. Is what it is.

There’s a scene in the movie “Straight Out of Compton”, where the NWA crew are on a tour bus and people outside are throwing their CD’s on the ground in protest. I think Dre makes a comment about destroying the CD's and Eazy says “I don’t give a **** they already bought it!!!”

Yep.

I mean, are they worried that if they make it only 1 per that they won't sell out? They'll still sell out, only difference being that actual collectors (not scalpers) will get more.

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow! My awesome wife was able to grab the diorama and figs bundle for me so I'm out.

Just looking at Neca's twitter right now...seems like they don't give a **** about scalpers.

$ is $ to them.
Neca has gained major points with me throughout the years. They haven’t been perfect, but they do what they can. My biggest gripe with them had previously been that some of the plastic they used for a while was causing oil to slowly seep from their figures.

After this... I just don’t think I even want to deal with them anymore. It’s that crushing. I had two loves as a kid. The Turtles films and the Keaton Batman films. These are like the holy grail for me though. I guess I’ll still get a Predator or two, here and there, but this entire situation has really shattered the loyalty I had for Neca. I’d always preferred them over TMP, after that sell out of a company stopped doing Spawn figures for ******** no one asked for.

Back