NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well it’s not exactly NECA’s fault. We have Playmates to blame because they hold the master license and apparently don’t allow other companies to sell Turtles figures at retail but I guess they’re able to be sold if they’re exclusives. It’s a shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THIS!!! This right here!

There’s a way around that. Don’t put your base of operations in the west... :lol

Tamashii didn’t seem to have any issue releasing the Figuarts cartoon Turtles.

I played around on The NECA Store's website quite a bit this morning before the exclusives became available, and I found a method that seems to have greatly helped me snag my 7" Turtles (once I got them into my cart and got through the "you're in line to checkout screen" that showed up after I clicked the blue Check Out button on the cart page).

Of course I could've just gotten really lucky, but this method definitely saves some time and clicks/typing. I recommend that everyone here who wants one of the Turtles sets tries it out now and then uses it tomorrow and/or Friday (assuming NECA doesn't change anything on their site between now and then):

1. Log-in to your The NECA Store account and make sure that all of your shipping information is current and correct.
2. Ten or fifteen minutes before the exclusives are set to go live, find a normal/non-exclusive item of theirs and add it to your cart (I used this one- https://thenecastore.com/collection...-gift-set-marvel-series-1?variant=20068123335).
3. Click the "View cart and check out" banner that pops up and then click the blue "Check Out" button on the cart page.
4. Click the yellow PayPal button (if you're paying with PayPal, which I would recommend, as this method is faster/requires less clicks and typing than paying with a credit card).
5. Log-in to your PayPal account in the PayPal window that pops up, select how you'll want to pay for your Turtles (once you have them in your cart later), then click the blue Continue button.
6. The PayPal window will close, and the first page of the checkout process will reload, telling you to enter a "valid" phone number.
7. Enter one, then click the "Continue to shipping method" button.
8. Select a Shipping method on the next page of the checkout process, then click the "Continue to payment method" button.
9. On this last page of the checkout process, all of your information should be complete and correct, but make sure everything looks right.
10. If it is, click the blue "Cart" word at the top left of this page to send you back to your cart.
11. Delete whatever test item you had in your cart from the cart, then click the "Continue browsing" button.
12. Add a different test item to your cart (or the Turtles themselves if they're live, but I tested a couple of other items beforehand to make sure this method was working) and then click the "View cart and check out" banner.
13. On the cart page, click the Checkout button.
14. You should now be taken to the "Shipping method" page of the checkout process where you have to select a different shipping speed/cost because you now have a different item in your cart than the test item you had in your cart earlier. Pick one, then click the "Continue to payment information" button.
15. You'll now be on the final page of the checkout process, and your shipping address and PayPal info should be saved from when you had a test item in your cart earlier.

When the Turtles go live (of course be refreshing the SDCC 2018 Exclusives page (https://thenecastore.com/collections/sdcc-2018-exclusives) leading up to the top of the hour), add them to your cart the second they become available, repeat the instructions of this method starting at number 12., and then click the blue "Complete order" button to get your Turtles!

This method requires a few minutes and some work before the exclusives go live again tomorrow and Friday, but it results in much fewer clicks and typing (e.g., time) than just being logged in to your The NECA Store account, as it bypasses the Shipping method screen, all the PayPal stuff, and the "valid" phone number issue that can pop up during the checkout process. I don't know how long your shipping address and payment info will be saved in the checkout process before it expires (maybe indefinitely), but I did this method on three devices ten minutes before the exclusives went live and I got a set without issue.

If you don't use PayPal, you can still use this method to bypass the Shipping method screen and the "valid" phone number thing, but you'll have to fill in your credit card info on the final page of the checkout process. Obviously a form auto-filler would help with that/speed it up, or you could copy/paste your CC number to save you from having to type it and use up more time.

Let me know if anyone has trouble with or questions about this method!

To those who are heartbroken over missing these today: I managed to nab the cartoon set on the second day last year. There’s still hope.
BTW, my phone gave me the option to use Apple Pay, which may speed up the process. I’m lucky I didn’t lose the set in my cart while logging into PayPal followed by entering my phone number for my shipping address.

To those who are heartbroken over missing these today: I managed to nab the cartoon set on the second day last year. There’s still hope.
BTW, my phone gave me the option to use Apple Pay, which may speed up the process. I’m lucky I didn’t lose the set in my cart while logging into PayPal followed by entering my phone number for my shipping address.

I still need to grab the cartoon set from last year.

After watching Pixel Dan’s full review, these 7” figures look nowhere near as good paint wise as the 1/4”. I’m more than happy to settle with the bigger ones now. And no ribbon to hold Donnie’s staff but the holes are there, wtf!

I’ve never actually been jealous of a reviewer, until today. That’s sad. :lol

Could you get an appropriate ribbon at a craft store, like Hobby Lobby or Michaels?

I didn't by any but was on the site at 1 to see how fast they sold. I think it was within 30 secs

What irritates me is when you have something in your cart you should at least have a little bit of time to check out. Having an item in your cart should secure it for you even if it’s only for a minute or two. Mondo does the same thing and it makes me mad every time. Don’t let me add something to my cart get almost done with processing the order and then at the very end tell me, sorry inventory issues or whatever bs.

I agree that that is silly and frustrating, but if you follow the method I posted earlier this afternoon, you will save a lot of time during the checkout process after you add the Turtles to your cart! :wink1:

yeah brutal, im abit used to that via threeA drops wayyy back but still sucked and was so happy as i was checkin out cuz assumed once i had gotten past the shippin part i was fine but jacked. not hopeful for tomorrow or Friday i think if anything this will inspire more flippers to come to table. should be one per really, no excuse.

There’s a way around that. Don’t put your base of operations in the west... [emoji38]

Tamashii didn’t seem to have any issue releasing the Figuarts cartoon Turtles.
Tamashi is based in Japan. Neca is usa. Big difference

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

neca sucks big time. For us in Europe, this is such a nightmare. I would buy this dio without any hesitation if I could. People already trying to sell it for $400 and more this is so lame.
It's not NECAs fault. It's playmates. Playmates won't let neca sell 6/7 inch figures at retail. Playmates most likely limits neca only making 5,000 sets as well.

It's not NECAs fault. It's playmates. Playmates won't let neca sell 6/7 inch figures at retail. Playmates most likely limits neca only making 5,000 sets as well.

Why did you sell your ThreeZero Myers and Lego HS? Saw them on ebay

From reading the NECA statements it sounds like there might be a tad more available tomorrow then there was today. Due to bots etc...

I wonder if it will show up in my cart when it becomes available tomorrow. The warning I got when I checked out that the items in my cart changed because the stock was gone. I’ll have to see :dunno

Back