NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i wish i was that strong, instead i paid a 250% price. looks like i needed them more than revenge, justice and self-respect :slap:lol

Damn, stupid US only store... I really wanted this set , but living in the UK I don't think there's any way I'll be finding this at a reasonable price.

:exactly:

Nothing more annoying than hoping for some bootlegs to pop up. I was lucky and got a set of "bootleg" Shredder, foots and Krang in comic style (TF excl). But I have yet to get a set of cartoon Turtles and will most likely have to hope for bootlegs for this movie set aswell.

It's frustrating.

If any fellow Freak would be willing to order a second set, I'd pay him instantly + I'd pay for his next SSF Premium Account.

Hoping today is a little easier. Really want the diorama set and it’s still showing in my cart while I’m signed in so maybe that and using Apple Pay instead of Paypal will work out better. If I can’t get the eBay seller I bought from yesterday to cancel, I’ll just sell that set for what I paid when it comes, which will probably be less than what they will go for in July/August. Really hope everyone else here can grab a set regardless. Sucks it has to be so hard and everyone can’t get what they want at retail when we’re all fans.

Hoping today is a little easier. Really want the diorama set and it’s still showing in my cart while I’m signed in so maybe that and using Apple Pay instead of Paypal will work out better. If I can’t get the eBay seller I bought from yesterday to cancel, I’ll just sell that set for what I paid when it comes, which will probably be less than what they will go for in July/August. Really hope everyone else here can grab a set regardless. Sucks it has to be so hard and everyone can’t get what they want at retail when we’re all fans.
Exactly. These deserve to be in the hands of all the fans.

I’ve always been passionate about the old films. Ghostbusters, Batman, Star Wars and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles truly captivated me as a child. In a way, they molded me into the geek I am today, lol.

If I had the resources, I’d try and make it so everyone had their shot at this. I’m not a multi-millionaire that sits in a garage selling knowledge though. Far from it. But it’s how strongly I feel this should be shared. I guess I would equate this to when the Transformers G1 Masterpiece Optimus and Megatron first launched. Every Transformers fan needed those.

There will always be options for the old Cartoon Turtles, it seems. But Neca, Playmates and everyone else knows this might be the only chance the vast majority of 90’s Turtles kids will ever have of capturing these fascinating designs for ourselves. Passing down our love for these four brothers is something I think most of us would be proud of. And what better way to do that than with the most up to date version of the film and these outstanding figures.

So, already having your account info set up, logging in ahead of time, constantly refreshing the page and then being logged into PayPal isn’t good enough? Then, I’m just ebaying the ****. No one should need an e-commerce degree to get a set of friggin toys. And to expect people to...

I am extremely grateful I never got into Mattel toys and had to deal with that whole song and dance. It sucks this has happened to one of my childhood grails though.

But it’s okay. Whatever I pay over retail, which goes directly into a scumbag scalper’s coffers, will be that much more money that Neca doesn’t get from me. I don’t normally hold on to grudges, but on this one occasion, you can bet your ass I am. Won’t be picking up anymore Neca figures for a while, if only to offset what I have to give to a ******** on eBay.

I think everyone not able to grab a set has a right to be this disappointed and upset. It’s frustrating. And they don’t even seem to want to change anything. That’s what’s worse, honestly. It’s great if you managed to get a set, but a large chunk of these went straight to the secondary market. Reducing the purchase count to one and implementing a Ticketmaster system (since these are hot ticket items and a scalper’s wet dream) would go a long way and a lesser degree of fans would be up in arms.

If this was as hugely anticipated as all this seems to have been... why in the hell did Playmates and Neca not sit down and hash something out? These are the most beloved iterations of the Turtles. Honestly, if I had the room... I’d just ****ing order the quarter scale Turtles and be done with it.

I did not do most of those things and I was able to get one. A lot of it seems to be like luck and perhaps a fast connection. I would not give up yet. Neca said there will be more today than yesterday and there is also tomorrow. If not, then the eBay prices are probably worth it considering that these are amazing figures and may never be reproduced again. I was prepared to pay up to $300 if I missed my chance on Neca’s website.

Exactly. These deserve to be in the hands of all the fans.

I’ve always been passionate about the old films. Ghostbusters, Batman, Star Wars and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles truly captivated me as a child. In a way, they molded me into the geek I am today, lol.

If I had the resources, I’d try and make it so everyone had their shot at this. I’m not a multi-millionaire that sits in a garage selling knowledge though. Far from it. But it’s how strongly I feel this should be shared. I guess I would equate this to when the Transformers G1 Masterpiece Optimus and Megatron first launched. Every Transformers fan needed those.

There will always be options for the old Cartoon Turtles, it seems. But Neca, Playmates and everyone else knows this might be the only chance the vast majority of 90’s Turtles kids will ever have of capturing these fascinating designs for ourselves. Passing down our love for these four brothers is something I think most of us would be proud of. And what better way to do that than with the most up to date version of the film and these outstanding figures.

Maybe if you cry some more, neca will feel bad and give you one for free! If you get this upset over toys, maybe it's time to reevaluate your life.

Maybe you can kiss my ass.

Screenshot_20180607-120035.jpg
Just for you, sweetheart!

Just so everybody else knows before i get accused of it, no im not a scalper. I collect 2 of everything, except hot toys. One to display and one for my MOC collection.

Better count again. I found at least 112, in total, and that’s only on eBay and using specific search terms. That’s not accounting for Facebook sales or any other places someone decides to hawk these off. One guy has ten available on eBay. TEN!!!

Some people are probably waiting to get these in hand before throwing them around on eBay as well. When they do finally ship, expect a temporary surge of them to hit the market. This two per limit is looking like it really might have fudged this release for a lot of people. Well done Neca.

Maybe alert NECA to that? It honestly shouldn't be too hard for them to do some sleuthing if they say they're really going to do what they can to limit people getting more than 2.

Since you are in Texas, like me, it will go up at noon your time. I will start refreshing repeatedly at around 11:57 AM. And remember to have everything entered before hand as far as address and preferably signed in to PayPal.

I would use the device with the fastest Internet. But make sure you have everything signed in. In fact, to increase your chances it would be a good idea to use more than one device at once. I had my phone, iPad, and IMac all ready to go. The first one that got to the order page was the one that got me through.

Around what time did these go up for sale yesterday?

They started popping up one at a time right at noon yesterday, with the 7" set without diorama going live last.

I would definitely be refreshing repeatedly at least a few minutes before that, though, and in 10-15 minutes you should be doing your prep work to increase your chances of getting them!

Just so everybody else knows before i get accused of it, no im not a scalper. I collect 2 of everything, except hot toys. One to display and one for my MOC collection.

I used to do this when NECA figures were $14.99 (Cult Classic Days) up to $20. After that I had to "tap out" with buying two and only purchase one for my MOC collection. There might be the rare one's where I feel I need opened in my display and buy two.

But with the TMNT 8 figures for almost $300!! I know we have to do it but eeewwwwww!!!!! That's a lot of Money!

Back