NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. These are my grail figs. There's not going to be much better than these produced at the price and quality so I'm selling off the letdown Mondo Turtles and just getting more of these guys.

yeah those mondos really were not worth the $ at all!

those repaints we did on those battleshells dam near blow them out of the water for $19!

Got yours yet?

Ehh no I currently do not have any of them on order. I'm looking at my budget and there's just too many other things I want to get while trying to put aside savings aswell. If anything's gonna give it's gonna be figures from a franchise I haven't been interested in since I was 10 or so. It'd be different if I'd continually paid attention to the Turtles from childhood and into my adult life but that big gap forces me to designate these as an impulse buy. Impulse buying is the enemy of saving money :lol

Still I can't help but check in on the thread.

Ehh no I currently do not have any of them on order. I'm looking at my budget and there's just too many other things I want to get while trying to put aside savings aswell. If anything's gonna give it's gonna be figures from a franchise I haven't been interested in since I was 10 or so. It'd be different if I'd continually paid attention to the Turtles from childhood and into my adult life but that big gap forces me to designate these as an impulse buy. Impulse buying is the enemy of saving money :lol

Still I can't help but check in on the thread.

Budget wise - to get all four of these dudes over to the UK we're looking at the best part of £450 upwards. When you look at it that way it's a huge amount, especially as you said when you have other franchises that mean more to you.

Got mine from UPS today. Just a warning to those importing this that full retail ($99.99) plus the postage on that is declared, not the discount version. Basically for UK ups will bill £33 for tax and admin. Just something worth noting.
Anyway just for size comparison here he is next to Hulk [emoji3]
2f0b628a3c9a3a031c44df25270388c3.jpg

UPS guy marched up to my Mums house asking for £99.99, fortunately she was on the ball and pointed out that the invoice was in dollars which prompted him to call the office. They realised the mistake and charged the £33, although unable to provide a receipt of any kind. Currently in the process of complaining.

Budget wise - to get all four of these dudes over to the UK we're looking at the best part of £450 upwards. When you look at it that way it's a huge amount, especially as you said when you have other franchises that mean more to you.

I totally understand this logic. I've sold many other collectibles in lieu of TMNT as it is my top franchise, personally. It has more meaning to me than most people, perhaps. That's why I shell out a ton for these versus some of the costs for the premium statues these days. I wouldn't buy something for a bunch of money if it's not important to you.

Dope signature BTW. I'll take one like that too!

I totally understand this logic. I've sold many other collectibles in lieu of TMNT as it is my top franchise, personally. It has more meaning to me than most people, perhaps. That's why I shell out a ton for these versus some of the costs for the premium statues these days. I wouldn't buy something for a bunch of money if it's not important to you.

Dope signature BTW. I'll take one like that too!

TMNT 1990 is big for me - I grew up with this movie and the cartoon. Raphael is one of my all time favourite characters too. But those prices are a killer (sorry to sound like a stuck record :lol).

I'll sort one out for you this week hopefully. I made mine quickly so might re-do the style slightly. :duff

Back