NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anybody tell me if this bad boy fits in one shelf space in a Detlof cabinet from IKEA ?

EDIT: Okay i am pissed off big time....just looked at the forbiddenplanet.com site and I swear it said the release date was end of May and now it says: This item is expected at our warehouse on 29 June 2011. WTF MAN ! I am emailing them now to find out the delay....has anyone got theirs from forbiddenplanet yet ?

These Preds are way too tall to fit in a Detolf shelf 19inches, unless you remove one shelf, but then it wastes space. And keep in mind each one weighs just over 4 lbs out of the box so 12 lbs on a detolf shelf might not be a good idea. Sorry bout your delay :(

Last edited:
hi uzumaki, in europe it was first expected in may and now its june so everyone here has the same problem,little more patience brrrrrr

Can anybody tell me if this bad boy fits in one shelf space in a Detlof cabinet from IKEA ?

EDIT: Okay i am pissed off big time....just looked at the forbiddenplanet.com site and I swear it said the release date was end of May and now it says: This item is expected at our warehouse on 29 June 2011. WTF MAN ! I am emailing them now to find out the delay....has anyone got theirs from forbiddenplanet yet ?

That's forbiddenplanet.com for you. I had mine on pre order with them but I decided to cancel and I ordered from CSC. So glad I did this now. The wait drives you insane!:panic:

Both of mine are standing OK on the middle glass shelf of my detolf.

You guys do know that the retailers don't have any control on when stuff arrives from NECA, right?

I can pretty much gaurantee all the retailers would have them now if they could.

I was going to order mine through Forbidden Planet, but decided to go with play.com as it was cheaper, they still have 27th May as the release date, but that could change

Wow, June 29 from forbiddenplanet. That's even later than TRU.
If they're offering the figures at a good price that would be worth waiting for.

These Preds are way too tall to fit in a Detolf shelf 19inches, unless you remove one shelf, but then it wastes space. And keep in mind each one weighs just over 4 lbs out of the box so 12 lbs on a detolf shelf might not be a good idea. Sorry bout your delay :(

Showed the pic a few times but this is how I made it look right in my detolf.

Not sure if I am gonna keep the stand he is on, Still on the look out for one that would blend it better or maybe I will try to cover it up with more hanging down plants. In either case, I think it look great.

291f0cx.jpg

That's forbiddenplanet.com for you. I had mine on pre order with them but I decided to cancel and I ordered from CSC. So glad I did this now. The wait drives you insane!:panic:

Both of mine are standing OK on the middle glass shelf of my detolf.

Yes if you take out a shelf of course it fits if you want to give up that much display space, but the Preds are about 4 inches too tall if you don't take out a shelf.

Not sure if I am gonna keep the stand he is on, Still on the look out for one that would blend it better or maybe I will try to cover it up with more hanging down plants. In either case, I think it look great.

291f0cx.jpg
Awesome buddy!
Great display there. :hi5:

291f0cx.jpg

Damn dude, where did you score that base for the masked pred? That's exactly what I was looking for.

What I found isn't nearly as cool as yours :lol

We never really did much 1/6th anyway and I don't think it matters much what Enterbay is doing because they'll do more of a HT clothed figure while we do more of a sculpted piece and all. I look around my room and see all these 18inch figure but no T800. Not good.

Ah. Well OK, I'd probably buy them. I've really become a completist when it comes to getting all my favourite characters in the 3 main scales 8", 1/6 and now 1/4. Man I can't wait to be able to display it all properly. Right now all I have is 2 crappy old bookcases and a battered old wardrobe with a couple of shelves in it....and the floor and the attic. These are the places where my collection resides. :( It'd help matters of course if I could stop buying toys for a while to save up the money but...that aint gonna happen :rotfl

Ah. Well OK, I'd probably buy them. I've really become a completist when it comes to getting all my favourite characters in the 3 main scales 8", 1/6 and now 1/4. Man I can't wait to be able to display it all properly. Right now all I have is 2 crappy old bookcases and a battered old wardrobe with a couple of shelves in it....and the floor and the attic. These are the places where my collection resides. :( It'd help matters of course if I could stop buying toys for a while to save up the money but...that aint gonna happen :rotfl

fortunately, im not one for the smaller scale figures or statues, so i don't buy them quite as frequently, but when you get different versions and you start collecting them all, space tends to become a slight issue lol

Wow, June 29 from forbiddenplanet. That's even later than TRU.
If they're offering the figures at a good price that would be worth waiting for.

Crap prices too. They are £70 from fp. I only paid £50 from CSC.:wave

CSC is the best imo.
I got my closed mouth Pred in less than 7 days of ordering it.. :yess:

Got mine in 5 days via international delivery. Quicker than shipping within the UK.

Ok!

Finally got a chance to upload some pics.

Sucks how the forearms cannot swivel around and has limited my arm posing :mad:

The Shoulder Cannon was a little tricky to attach but finally got it and surprisingly the wires from his helmet to the Shoulder Cannon slotted and held in quite well.

Either way, it is one hell of an impressive figure and very happy with it :D

42644463.jpg

85097120.jpg

31273492.jpg

72145959.jpg

62712806.jpg

47441881.jpg

41055177.jpg

Yes if you take out a shelf of course it fits if you want to give up that much display space, but the Preds are about 4 inches too tall if you don't take out a shelf.

The Preds deserve their place in my detolf.:D

That's a HT pred on what seems to be aquarium displays.
Correct me if I'm wrong.:)

Wow, I didn't even recognise it as a Hot Toys Pred. Looks great up there.

Back