NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great, but what do you think of the build quality compared to the Hot Toys version?

I know the Hot Toys is only a 1/6 and this is a 1/4...

I am referring to paint / attention to detail / articulation joints / over all build quality...

The upper torso on the Hot Toys figure seems to have an articulation joint so you can swivel it around.

From the pics, I can already see the minor paint differences like his armor is a more silver on the Hot Toys version and more so a hint of green in the NECA version...

If Hot Toys did a 1/4, would you think it would be just as good or better?

All I know is this: I can stand and pose the NECA pred with much more confidence against a sudden dive than the HT. Also, my HT P1 has a slightly shorter right leg (which is annoying as hell to me when it comes to posing in a standing position).

The paint on both is good..the HT version bordering on great. I don't mind the grey spots in the NECA Pred's mouth and other inconsistencies with the paint. It's also a fraction of the price to boot. I like to paint my figures, so I have no complaints on either

Yes there are more articulation points, particularly (as you note) in the midsection, but IMO the joints where articulation occurs have a bit more slack than I'd prefer. Maybe it's only mine and not common in other HT P1s. I really like both very much, but the HT Predator stays in one pose--and in a case. This NECA Predator will be striking a new pose every month.

Would I buy a 1/4 scale HT Predator? Yes.
Would I buy a 1/6 reissue of the HT p1? Yes.

Do my eyes and fingers hurt after typing this on an iPhone? Yes!

Does anyone else like the open mouth version best?

I still don't have mine,
but from all the pics I've seen here so far, i like open mouth,
I do, I like masked, and close mouth looks nice but, If i had to choose only one, if that was the case i would choose open mouth over the other two,
I still need to see them in person but I doubt that will change

Does anyone else like the open mouth version best?

Well after getting mine (the UPS guy arrived 30 minutes before I had to leave for work!:yess:) I got the open mouth version, which I think is awesome, but I do want to get the masked version now after seeing pics of him. Just for that extra option of displaying him with the mask on.

Well after getting mine (the UPS guy arrived 30 minutes before I had to leave for work!:yess:) I got the open mouth version, which I think is awesome, but I do want to get the masked version now after seeing pics of him. Just for that extra option of displaying him with the mask on.
Awesome!
You must be at work now with the Predator in-hand. :D

Yes I repainted the head, mouth and body too.

Was the netting not in the way?

Sure thing.
IMG_9821.jpg

I can't get over just how good the closed mouth looks.:drool

I did a black wash over it, mixing enamel flat black and WD40. So the netting is no problem at all.

Once the paint is dry, spray a clear coat over the whole body.
So that's how you got the darker color you were describing earlier.
Very creative and it looks good.
Well done. :clap

Tankman pleaseeeee answer, do you know if these will be available in Toys R Us stores? I'm holding off ordering online until I know for sure. For something that costs $80, i'd like to see it in front of me first.

Can someone here with a twitter account ask Neca, please? I can't see myself creating an account just for this one question.

All I know is this: I can stand and pose the NECA pred with much more confidence against a sudden dive than the HT. Also, my HT P1 has a slightly shorter right leg (which is annoying as hell to me when it comes to posing in a standing position).

The paint on both is good..the HT version bordering on great. I don't mind the grey spots in the NECA Pred's mouth and other inconsistencies with the paint. It's also a fraction of the price to boot. I like to paint my figures, so I have no complaints on either

Yes there are more articulation points, particularly (as you note) in the midsection, but IMO the joints where articulation occurs have a bit more slack than I'd prefer. Maybe it's only mine and not common in other HT P1s. I really like both very much, but the HT Predator stays in one pose--and in a case. This NECA Predator will be striking a new pose every month.
Great to hear man!

Sounds like a decent figure to buy as well to add to my collection...

When AUS actually gets the figure in :impatient: :lol

If you don't mind me asking, what was the price on the figure?

As it will give me an idea so I can convert to AUS $

Thanks!

Would I buy a 1/4 scale HT Predator? Yes.
Would I buy a 1/6 reissue of the HT p1? Yes.

Do my eyes and fingers hurt after typing this on an iPhone? Yes!
:rotfl

Tankman pleaseeeee answer, do you know if these will be available in Toys R Us stores? I'm holding off ordering online until I know for sure. For something that costs $80, i'd like to see it in front of me first.
I would love to know the answer to this as well, but I don't think tankman is the correct person to ask.
I would say he doesn't have a clue in this regard.

New review! All credits go to pb4ugo08!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Jz3CS8xAc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_Jz3CS8xAc[/ame]

Woo hoo! Today is the day! First thing I did when I woke up was check my tracking and the Preds left Laurel MD this morning...they are close by! :yess:

The UPS guy might as well be wearing a red suit and a snowy white beard because today, as far as I'm concerned, is Christmas. :)

Back