NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

I totally agree Sean. 1/4 scale figures are SO rare now, and often times shelf warmers. Will be very cool to have all 3, but I don't see it happening.

What makes you so sure maulfan? Elder I can't see, but P2 maybe.

I'm sure of Elder because NECA 18" figures are often pegwarmers and he's likely to be one. P2 has a fair shot as long as this one does well enough, if not P1 will be it.

It doesn't matter if some of NECA's 18 inch figures were "pegwarmers" in the past. These are Predators and they look much better than any other NECA figure (unless of course they turn out to be ____, but I can't see that happening).

I don't think quality affects pegwarming or not, I think it's more the size and price, for folks like us thus money seems like pennies but for the younger collectors with tighter budgets, $50+ on a single item can become too much, plus they're huge. P1 will be my 4th 1/4 scale piece I own, I'm selective for the sheer size and space.

lol at people thinking the 1/4 pred wont sell..look around at the pre-orders..theyre sellin like hot cakes...

I don't think quality affects pegwarming or not, I think it's more the size and price, for folks like us thus money seems like pennies but for the younger collectors with tighter budgets, $50+ on a single item can become too much, plus they're huge. P1 will be my 4th 1/4 scale piece I own, I'm selective for the sheer size and space.

:exactly:
When you put stuff in stores, your talking a very different market. Online collectors hit it quick. In the store, your talking the occasional collector on the hunt, but mostly your counting on true demographic which are children. Im not saying NECA or McFarlane are geared for children, but what Im saying is when a mom/dad walks there son down the aisle and they see a $10 batman figure and look over and see a grizzly 19" predator that costs about $80...im pretty sure most parents are looking the other way.
Then you can even go into the tween again and say your 13 or 15 year old while they might be a fan and want the figure, now they have to get there parents to fork over the money or figure out a way to get that much money. So as Maulfan said, I think its tricky when it comes to retail stores carrying collectibles such as this.
Then at that point if there not selling, you have to think from a retail stand point and think say does TRU want to waste space on something that big that might not sell very well...and well your back to ordering online.

very few stores even carry neca'a 7 inch figures, these days.
more are sold on online stores.

Why would anyone want to buy from a physical store anyway? You can find most new stuff online at retail price, no tax, free shipping, and untouched by a bunch of people.

Agreed. I never get anything in stores nowadays (primarily because Hot Toys and Sideshow products are rarely seen there). But with NECA, i can see it being beneficial shopping in a store due to their bad reputation in their paint jobs. Often times paint jobs vary drastically from one box to another.

I'd rather go to a nearby store to get a figure than order it online because I can get it faster, and it's just more fun.

i would rather hand pick my neca figures, because of so many paint flaws, most neca figures have., but i would have to drive 55 miles to the nearest store that sells neca figures, and then drive 55 miles back home, to hand pick them.

Well I don't know about that. You've no way of knowing how many people have held it one way or another before it ends up in your hands.

There are rare exceptions, but the odds are that items from purely online stores are handled less.

At my local Forbidden Planet they open up their Hot Toys figures and pose them! And they charge over the odds for them too. All that money for a high end figure that's already opened and has been handled and posed...No thanks!

i would rather hand pick my neca figures, because of so many paint flaws, most neca figures have., but i would have to drive 55 miles to the nearest store that sells neca figures, and then drive 55 miles back home, to hand pick them.

:exactly: :goodpost:

At my local Forbidden Planet they open up their Hot Toys figures and pose them! And they charge over the odds for them too. All that money for a high end figure that's already opened and has been handled and posed...No thanks!
Just to clarify, are you talking about the one in the UK?

Back