NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well,

FedEx/USPS either lost my package or it was stolen off my porch, either way my Predator never arrived.

Now waiting for the replacement.

Me and my 1st world problems. :lol

Re: NECA 1/4 Predator

Man that sucks.. I didn't know that was your house! Just kidding lol.. Hopefully your replacement arrives soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol

They're trying to tell me it was delivered and I so don't believe them because we were home when they said it arrived.

I need a camera facing the porch now, that would've shown what happened.

Who knows maybe it was stolen, not too far of a stretch of the imagination.

Last edited:
Well I got mine today have to say it's really a great figure as expected really hope NECA continues to provide 1/4 hunters!! I've decided to keep it in the box the original helmeted P1 is enough to have fun with. For those who will also keep their LED hunters sealed in the box is the extra palm really attached in the bag along with the plasma caster in the right top corner because it's not visible to me through the plastic cover?? Tnx for the info. I checked as detailed as possible through the plastic cover comparing newbie to the original all three P1's and I have to say canon on my Pred looks fine but skull trophies are for sure way less weathered which I have to say it's not big of a deal for me. Last but not least the mask looks the way it should on the original no seam no visor gap so thank you NECA!! Now we need other 1/4 Losties and Wolf Pred and when I've seen 7 inchers give as 1/4 scale AVP trio as well. NECA I'm in!! Here are some bad quality pictures I've took through the plastic. Hopefully helps...

image_zpsy7p88gqb.jpeg

image_zpsh2kfqwye.jpeg

Congrats Jake.

If I remember correctly from when I opened mine the extra fist hand is in a separate bag wrapped up with the plasma caster.

Giving a go at customizing my 1st generation 1/4 predator. Never really done something of this level before. Planning on doing the following:

-repainting all armor to give it a more green/brown hue
-fix helmet to get rid of seam line
-fix helmet to get rid of gap between eyes
-add some type of reflective lens to helmet
-add better netting
-make a forest themed base

Any advice from the experts? I would also like to add quills, but have no idea where to get something that could work. Ideas?

A pic of my progress so far - I've taken it apart, removed all the old netting, repainted most of the armor, and have gotten rid of the seam in the helmet.

File_000.jpg

Giving a go at customizing my 1st generation 1/4 predator. Never really done something of this level before. Planning on doing the following:
-repainting all armor to give it a more green/brown hue
-fix helmet to get rid of seam line
-fix helmet to get rid of gap between eyes
-add some type of reflective lens to helmet
-add better netting

Any advice from the experts? I would also like to add quills, but have no idea where to get something that could work. Ideas?

A pic of my progress so far - I've taken it apart, removed all the old netting, repainted the armor, and have gotten rid of the seam in the helmet.

View attachment 249198

I'm no expert but!! For quills I use something called Sugru, for fixing the seam u can use a dremmel and then sand it.. The visor gap is tricky, so I can't really give u a tip on that cuz u need to cut it and measure it while cutting!! Hope that helps, sorry I couldn't do it bro!! But I am truly packed

Hey thanks man! With the sugru, do you just use super glue to attach it to the body once you've molded it? And absolutely no worries... I'm happy that your plate is full - just means your works is valued! :rock

Hey thanks man! With the sugru, do you just use super glue to attach it to the body once you've molded it? And absolutely no worries... I'm happy that your plate is full - just means your works is valued! :rock

Thanx bro!! I drill small holes before painting, so I have a guide of where I'm gonna place them, then just glue the tip of the "quill" and place it inside the hole.. Makes it look more natural

Awesome. Thanks man. One more question (for now) - do you have good reference pics? It's been hard to find good pics online. This is the best pic I've found:

predator-040.jpg

Giving a go at customizing my 1st generation 1/4 predator . . . I would also like to add quills, but have no idea where to get something that could work. Ideas? . . .

Porcupine quills - eBay. Drill tiny holes in the head, cut quills to length and crazy-glue in place.

Thanks! Are they pliable? Also, are they all the same size, or are there better ones that will scale right with the predator? There are a ton on eBay, so wasn't sure what was best. I'm looking at these right now:

300 Porcupine Quills Jewelry Crafts Beads Country Girl Unique Taxidermy | eBay

Also, I dyed the netting - let's hope it not too difficult to put on. I'll take any tips if you got em. :)

JSbQOQWr1wsFGHgAtMPChRyBm_hHVCOabYegY7TuUrpfTMeEk7Ytn_NA9OnSAQXJtNol8ge4aqBbHz_qwuvh20Hr8D_9PT-nl6ae3lp1WewlKnvITDzNA3Qt23PAFZndSnPq87sGqaT0msUS8R9iBy1Wuwi72xpC5VitwVDAsBQM0I5L81CeYZPE5ZH0_E19DEgKkXDUKsLM89Wv4808VhOtKimO5kSGFFmjFnlhP1ReogONi6XY1gTOCixtP70aUJpTBN_QhZdxeC3df_N48c9cb09hzse0_mmeJTvHIN8XnZ8e5IinZ-ZO1S6twHZ61ftpAXoI7szzC2CUiRUAm2cuvdUyzuTJEM_Cbix0UxKl3UeI41JHn0t_en5N0O1_VsKIBx4RafB_BkYjobFwzPFErUgC9kSWFjZ4nfB5t0ZvTxd3mTuZAxvm3RBJr5btDCyV8kwj7Mfu0Fh2SeAExS0pG9VPeQHcweOgBEJbRf3dTlolzCXHRehR-s5pxED4uRbKUfiH8lkrjDtEWlVtguqdFY_clatPxR85yN4Y7Pigoe17AUwcnVoU_aXODZozRYEP=w774-h1032-no

For quills, I went to my local craft store and bought a plastic plant that was covered in thorny bits. Cut them off and painted them.

P1repaint1.jpg

Here is a original P1 helmet that I was commissioned to fix the seam, add mesh eyes and re-paint.

IMG_0524.JPGIMG_0487.JPG

Back