NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(I know the text is a bit long, but please read if you bought on BBTS as well, thanks!)

I finally got my Neca 1/4 Predator, Closed Mouth version, last Friday. This figure is unbelievable! I had seen the amazing pics, but seen in person it's a greater level of "pure awesomeness" :D .

But I did have 2 problems, and maybe the other freaks who bought it on BBTS could help me if you still have the boxes... you'll see what I mean next if you read until the end.

Mine was verified at customs, and this time around they were quick and didn't even send me a letter requesting me how much I paid. Seems better? Well, it's not... they assumed a higher value that what I paid, increasing the total amount in 17 euros to serve as base for the damn tax. So, I ended up paying a higher tax than what it should have been.

Now, if that wasn't bad enough, I'm pretty sure my Predator's box (not the mail box, but actually the product box) was opened on the top and re-sealed. I say that because all the tapes in the top had 2 tapes, one on top of the other, and every set of 2 tapes were a cut tape with a new tape on top of it. In the bottom they were all single tapes. See what I mean? I'm not sure if I explained it well in English. But this was obviously opened and then re-sealed. Now my doubt is if it was on customs that they were S-holes and opened up my product, or if this came like this from BBTS.

That's where I'd like to request for your help. Anyone who bought on BBTS and still has the box, please check the top and bottom and see if you have double tapes in any of the sides. Even though you already opened them, as long as there are 2 I have my answer. If I'm the only one, than it was probably opened on customs.

I should have bought it on FP, but oh well... at least the figure was in perfect shape and had no defects. And it's now one of my favorites. I'm going to try doing a removable bio soon. But I have to say this reduced my enthusiasm with receiving the figure as I got quite upset with this.

Thanks!

Hope this helps: No double tape (tape on top of tape). Four pieces of tape on bottom and four pieces of tape on top. One on each side and two in the front.

Hope this helps: No double tape (tape on top of tape). Four pieces of tape on bottom and four pieces of tape on top. One on each side and two in the front.

Thanks. Looks like it was them at customs who opened it and then re-sealed it. It was absolutely clear what the product was and they could see it came from a major retail seller, so maybe they did it on curiosity or for malice :( .

Can anyone else who bought on BBTS check your boxes for double tape? I'd like to know from some people to be able to draw a better conclusion. Thanks to everyone who can help!

Now that's a real Predator fan! Eleven Preds!!!!!!! I can feel presence of NECA 1/4 P2 already :D

YouTube - ‪Neca Predators 1/4 Scale‬‏

UPDATE: Two or three preordered Preds ordered from Toys''R''Us! So that makes 13 or 14 Preds in total!!!
WTF?! :lol

Why so many?

Yeah sure, I see he is a big Predator fan, but what are the plans for so many, is what I am saying...

Thanks. Looks like it was them at customs who opened it and then re-sealed it. It was absolutely clear what the product was and they could see it came from a major retail seller, so maybe they did it on curiosity or for malice :( .

Can anyone else who bought on BBTS check your boxes for double tape? I'd like to know from some people to be able to draw a better conclusion. Thanks to everyone who can help!

All three of my Predators I bought from BBTS have the factory tape in place top and bottom with no extra tape. Sounds like Customs may have opened your box. I would think Customs would have put some type of label/tape on the box/packaging indicating it was opened by them.

That actually might work:

1. Buy 13 Predators
2. Wait a while
3. Sell to desperate buyers / collectors
4. Profit

:D

:exactly: I both 3 HT Guardian Predator last year and sold 2 of them for $400 each and i buy SS statue Iron Man Maquette and Spider-Man Comiquette. Sold also the last one couple of months ago then i both The Iron Man War Machine Maquette :)

Last edited:
:exactly: I both 3 HT Guardian Predator last year and sold 2 of them for $400 each and i buy SS statue Iron Man Maquette and Spider-Man Comiquette. Sold also the last one couple of months ago then i both The Iron Man War Machine Maquette :)
:lol

Smart ass, just shows how good these figures are and ppl out there would pay more than double just to have it.

Seems the most likely option. I can't see people paying double the price for this guy later down the line though. There's only a select few who pay ridiculous amounts for Hot Toys Preds on ebay. This is still a NECA figure.
Sure, NECA figurine is one thing but I think ppl can justify paying a bit more due to the size / scale of it.

Having said that though, the figure does have minor inaccuracies, hence you can only sell it for so much...

If the prices of the NECA 1/4 Predators start to hike up to Hot Toys and SSC Figure prices, you'd better off to get one of those figures.

Time will tell, I guess.

:dunno well i learn my lesson :lecture if you know is the hot stuff got to grab it till you can while still in retail price and available don't wait till is gone coz you will pay more.

I just purchased all 3 at Forbidden Planet, at first I was debating if I should get them, but they had all 3 displayed and I was blown away how awesome they were. If anyone is having second thoughts, better jump on these now, I have seen the masked version sell on eBay for as high as $150.

:lol

Smart ass, just shows how good these figures are and ppl out there would pay more than double just to have it.

Sure, NECA figurine is one thing but I think ppl can justify paying a bit more due to the size / scale of it.

Having said that though, the figure does have minor inaccuracies, hence you can only sell it for so much...If the prices of the NECA 1/4 Predators start to hike up to Hot Toys and SSC Figure prices, you'd better off to get one of those figures.

Time will tell, I guess.

Tell that to the people that are paying out of the nose for a 12" HT that's way more inacurate !

Back