NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These figures have really grown on me. They FINALLY stopped competing in Olympic diving. The penny under the feet trick has helped a lot I think. Not worrying about them falling and breaking takes away a lot of my initial trepidation with the figures.

I do have a few tears on the netting on all of them, but it really doesn't bother me. Neither does the visor gap.

I might try to smooth out the seam line on the top of the mask though. Any suggestions on the best way to go about doing that.

Totally unrelated to the contents of your post but I noticed your Loch Ness monster avatar. I read that that particular picture shows the trunk of a swimming circus elephant.

I cancelled my BBTS order of 6 Preds and ordered them from FP instead.
Gives me more time and it all works out cheaper.
Interesting. My friends in the UK have mentioned that it actually costs more to get it from forbiddenplanet.
But, however you were able to manage that is all that counts. Congrats. :)

Totally unrelated to the contents of your post but I noticed your Loch Ness monster avatar. I read that that particular picture shows the trunk of a swimming circus elephant.
Haha! Yeah, that's one theory tossed around. There's a few others. I find them all entertaining. :lol

It's a toy submarine with a sea serpent head attached to it.

where did you order from if you don't mind me asking?

I actually ordered from 2 places. The first time I ordered from ToysonFire.com for the masked version. Then when I decided I wanted a closed mouth, they had no more so I ordered from Legendsactionfigures.com. Legends is now sold out but Toysonfire still has some but raised their price by $40 already :slap

I actually ordered from 2 places. The first time I ordered from ToysonFire.com for the masked version. Then when I decided I wanted a closed mouth, they had no more so I ordered from Legendsactionfigures.com. Legends is now sold out but Toysonfire still has some but raised their price by $40 already :slap

yea damnit I should have ordered earlier now I'm f'ed

This is me but I don't personally feel taken advantage of by NECA at all for having three versions, I LOVE how all three look on my wall and actually would have been disappointed to have one and have to switch heads every time I want to display a new face.

This is me but I don't personally feel taken advantage of by NECA at all for having three versions, I LOVE how all three look on my wall and actually would have been disappointed to have one and have to switch heads every time I want to display a new face.

Yeah sometimes I kid myself into thinking I'll be OK keeping an extra headsculpt or costume on the side as an 'alternate' but ultimately I always end up working them onto a whole seperate figure.

Happy to see that the masked head is hollow. Makes it easier to put in some LEDs. If the netting is as bad as some have said this Pred will be my summer project. And, my 3 have shipped from BBTS. Will be here on 6/1.

I wonder how much the spare heads are going to go for....
With the way these idiots are on ebay. Wouldn't surprise me to see them go for the same as a full figure would, if not more.

You guys really think people will sell these heads?'

I know people will sell the bodies, but i wonder who will be crazy enough to just sell heads,

yeah I dont feel taken advantage either, these are cheap, and they were probably not that easy or cheap to make, The fact that Neca made this at all is amazing enough, they could have also just made masked version and that's it, but they did 3 different version for us fans, they didnt have to,I bought all 3 and im really happy

Mine finally shipped so it has hit Canada as well. Bout time ! :panic:

Hey Gates i ordered all 3 from Legend Action figure as well, i did it by phone because i am going to pick it up from their shop. I didn't get a call from them letting me know they have the predators. Have they already shipped your order??

Congrats.:yess: You get just the one Predator?
Thanks!

Yeah just the Masked version at the moment.

I might look into the Open Mouth version...

Now it is just finding space to put him :lol

Awesome, SKYLINE.

Thanks for the pics.

By the way, do you have plans to fix the visor on the biomask?
No worries!

Ah yeah, that part above the eye lenses yeah..?

If so, the paint is ok, but there is just a bit of a scalping mishap from NECA's molding.

Don't think I will touch that as I'm not that confident in carving it into shape.

But I will touch up the 3 red laser dots on his helmet.

:)

Back