NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the only thing I don't like about the paint apps is the heads and armor. Can the gap in the Bio be fixed easily?

It's intentional because even if the prototype has the gray spots on the gums:

227640687.jpg

But it's not accurate.

Predator_131.jpg

Predator_99.jpg

Predator_98.jpg

Predator_91.jpg

Predator_90.jpg

So no idea why they decided to do that!? :dunno

Last edited:
hot toys pred hardly even resembles the predator.. sure it comes with alot of gadgets but lets not lose reality

I dunno, I just find that very ironic in the same sentence as 'Hot Toys Pred hardly resembles the Predator'. Its flat out nonsense to suggest that the HT pred has no resemblance, I'm sorry. The HT has innaccuracies but its pretty clear what Predator you're looking at. Saying it looks nothing like the film - that is losing reality. This by the way coming from someone who has no need to defend either one since I have the HT one and will have the NECA aswell. And I'm a big fan of what NECA is doing with Terminator, Predator, Alien and soon Robocop aswell.

So it looks like I'll pay about $23 more if I cancel with TRU and go with CSC. Has anyone heard anything about TRU getting these soon?

Bumpidy.

Anyone contact TRU? The only thing that worries me is they aren't on the site anymore.

hot toys pred hardly even resembles the predator.. sure it comes with alot of gadgets but lets not lose reality

Are you serious? While I agree the HT Pred is not near screen accurate, I think anyone with any knowledge of the character could look at the HT P1 and say, "Yup thats the predator from the original movie"

Glad to see that yellowish skin tone was just bad lighting, BUT now I think it looks too plastic-ee, and that paint job on the open mouth's gums is TERRIBLE! Also, the armors look toy-ish and fake, not weathered near good enough. For the $80-ish price tag, I think we're getting one heck of a deal seeing as how in-hand recipients are posting about how sturdy it is, and how good a sculpt it appears to be, but people need to stop trying to place it on a pedestal above all other Pred figures. In the made up words of Yoda "far from it, it is".

All-in-all, I think we're shelling out a good low price for the sculpt and sheer size, not the paint job. Bad paint apps do not concern me, I can fix that, but for people hoping for apps as good as we saw in the proto pics, it's just not there.

Bumpidy.

Anyone contact TRU? The only thing that worries me is they aren't on the site anymore.

I called TRU last night but I think it got washed up like 30 pages ago...thread is going crazy since everyone is getting them soon or has them in hand already.

I don't have an order with them, so I probably can't give answers like someone else could. I think the best thing to do is call them yourself :):slap:lecture

Hot TOYS Version looks like a asian version :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:rotfl rotfl::clap in pictures of what it actually suppose to look like in the real thing, hahahaha :clap :) HAHAHAAA

But to everybody who does not have the Hot TOYS Version, I have had experience with it, don't let these asian features fool you on pictures, this thing is very BAD ASS! He is very accurate in the head as well. Its already been almost 2 years sinse his release. And the price is skyrocketed everywhere 1,000 +$. He was my first collectible ever and I have 20 high end pieces that bring shine into its presence, yet alot of fear.

Don't let anyone ever tell you the HTV sucks because it doesn't. It is sick!

Today is such a great day for Predator. My NECA Masked Predator has just been shipped, im watching Predator on film4 and Predator 2 is on right after it. And im playing with my HT P1.

Boo yeah!

Glad to see that yellowish skin tone was just bad lighting, BUT now I think it looks too plastic-ee, and that paint job on the open mouth's gums is TERRIBLE! Also, the armors look toy-ish and fake, not weathered near good enough. For the $80-ish price tag, I think we're getting one heck of a deal seeing as how in-hand recipients are posting about how sturdy it is, and how good a sculpt it appears to be, but people need to stop trying to place it on a pedestal above all other Pred figures. In the made up words of Yoda "far from it, it is".

All-in-all, I think we're shelling out a good low price for the sculpt and sheer size, not the paint job. Bad paint apps do not concern me, I can fix that, but for people hoping for apps as good as we saw in the proto pics, it's just not there.

As excited as I am about getting this now I kinda agree with this post. Though I will save my critique's till I have the actual figure in hand. Something about pictures that I never trust, no matter how good the camera is and monitor you are looking on. Colors always seem to get messed up and never appear as they do in real life.

I think however, people proclaiming its the "Best pred ever"...even better than the almighty sidehow maquette and cinemaquette...id say that is laughable. Id rather have either one of them statue's ANY day of the week , month or year.

I think for the price, it does top out the HT in terms of accuracy to the film and its sheer size. I think IMO where it falls short to the HT P1 is the articulation and overall quality of materials used. I will hold my judgement on paint when I see it for myself.

I seriously need the masked version of this figure in my collection!!!
NAOW!
I just watched Predator on film4 aswell, nice to see some fellow Uk pred-heads watched it aswell as i did!!! :D now for Predator 2!

I just watched Predator on film4 aswell! nice to see some fellow Uk pred-heads watched it aswell as i did :D now for Predator 2!

Yeah.:hi5:

I made my girlfriend watch the final act with me. I told her this is the best half hour of film you will ever see.:rock (The whole film is the best but I couldn't persuade her watch the first part with me.:lol)

Yeah.:hi5:

I made my girlfriend watch the final act with me. I told her this is the best half hour of film you will ever see.:rock (The whole film is the best but I couldn't persuade her watch the first part with me.:lol)

Haha :lol i must agree my favourite part is up 2 the bit when Arnold says "GET TO DA CHOPPAH!" to the end of the film :) whole film is just awesome my fav 80's action movie! :hi5:

Back