NECA 1/4 scale predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Neca 1/4 Predator

Are you being sarcastic? I hope so...
The Neca sculpt has no obviously visible joints, whereas the Hot Toys version is covered with big obvious joints, so I think you've got the two mixed up. Hmm?

I think they're going to disguise the joints with the straps. I can see on their promo ad/poster, the predators left knee appears to have a joint behind the knee armor.

I personally don't care about the joints. It's part of figures, and if they try to disguise and hide them, they're easy to ignore. It looks like they're going to do that with these figures, but I'm sure you'll be able to spot joints if you care to look for them.

there are talented artists on here who do commissions for repainting figures. i've had several of mine repainted. most of them from Hot Toys. there's no such thing as a perfect factory paint app. i'll probably get this thing repainted too.

Not to mention, 75 bucks for one of these is not any more expensive than the unpainted models you can buy and have painted. If it were the cost of a hot toys figure, I'd be inclined to agree it's a bit nuts to pay the price only to have to repaint it. But, at this price, it's about the same as a model and way bigger.

I'll mostlikely get all three depending on what this actually looks like when it's released. Using a different factory means nothing because Neca has said that in the past and I really don't see significant differences in older and newer figures from them. The netting is probably going to be a _____ to take off, since it will probably be in sections.
If it looks anything like their 2up I'm in:
mr91zr.jpg
Im definitely getting that Elder. Looks fantastic.

Not to mention, 75 bucks for one of these is not any more expensive than the unpainted models you can buy and have painted. If it were the cost of a hot toys figure, I'd be inclined to agree it's a bit nuts to pay the price only to have to repaint it. But, at this price, it's about the same as a model and way bigger.
no kidding. if this thing was a resin kit would be $300-$400. and easily triple that for a quality commissioned buildup. NECA is practically giving these away. plus a kit wouldn't have all the articulation. i'm pretty stoked to get a complete set of these for $250.

250 including shipping? BBTS has a 3 versions pack for just $200 :)

Cdiesel09,

Google for "big Bad Toys Store" and there you go!

no kidding. if this thing was a resin kit would be $300-$400. and easily triple that for a quality commissioned buildup. NECA is practically giving these away.

ABSOLUTELY agree here! Oh those resin garage kit days. The cheapest you could get a decently sculted pred was 150!

Kyle - Randy confirmed we were getting at least 3 Arnolds from T1 at Toyfair...just want to say thanks for pushing the envelope. No one gets all the details of Schwarzenegger's physique and face as accurate as you. Looking forward to seeing what you have in store. You made Toyfair '09 with FOUR Arnolds from T2.

no kidding. if this thing was a resin kit would be $300-$400. and easily triple that for a quality commissioned buildup. NECA is practically giving these away. plus a kit wouldn't have all the articulation. i'm pretty stoked to get a complete set of these for $250.

Or for $200 at BBTS. I'm pretty sure these will increase in value over time. The McFarlane AVP 12" Scar took four years to go up in price by only $25. This guy, however, really does have the potential to become a grail piece, like NECA said on Twitter. If done right, they'll have a serious hit on their hands.

What will the dreads be like? Will they be like the Hot Toys dreads, bendable or molded?
The figure looks great.:)

What will the dreads be like? Will they be like the Hot Toys dreads, bendable or molded?
The figure looks great.:)

They will probably be identical to the 8" versions, just molded rubber. Aside from the real netting, the figure is probably identical in most aspects to the 8" version. And the 8" version is freakin' awesome, so I have no problem with that!

In my opinion, rather than Berserker on a large scale would be more beautiful City Hunter Predator.

The pieces will be 5.000 or 15.000?

In my opinion, rather than Berserker on a large scale would be more beautiful City Hunter Predator.

The pieces will be 5.000 or 15.000?

Do both!

The Wolf would probably be most intimidating done in the 18 inch scale due to all the gear he has.

I'd love to see an 18 inch tall predalien - technically that would be 1/6th!

Tankman, any chance we'll see some other Preds in 1/4 scale like P2 Elder or Berserker? Hell even a 1/4 Wolf Pred would be awesome.

I don't think we'll get an answer to that until Neca sees how this one sells.

Their first priority after this will hopefully be the P2 City hunter in the 8" range.

Back