NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

^ that's the 1/4 scale Batman Arkham Origins. I haven't played the game, but is anyone can tell if Deathstroke is in that game?

I like what you did there. Good stuff. Just brushes, black and silver paint?

Thanks man! And yes, just old brushes as I don't have an airbrush. I don't have drills/dremel either, so I used a file to uneven some of the armor's edges, and candle-heated nails to puncture bullet holes :)

I know this is the Marvel thread but....

1375132_642910599082896_1838561491_n.jpg

Whoa, that looks majestic! I think the armor's design would also help NECA hide some of the articulation joints. Can't wait to see the full reveal!

^ that's the 1/4 scale Batman Arkham Origins. I haven't played the game, but is anyone can tell if Deathstroke is in that game?

Yes sir, Deathstroke is indeed in the game, and a DLC code to have him a playable character is included in pre-ordered units :)

Hi guys! A little update on my custom BD NECA Iron Man: I just hated how it fell over too many times (good thing the shelf it was in wasn't that high), so I thought I'd just set it fixed as a Pseudo-PF Statue.

I glued all the articulation points (kind of frustrated that I can't give him non-awkward, more iconic poses despite its articulation), and then I remembered the cheap-looking lava-ground stand that came with my 1/7 scale Darth Vader statue from Kotobukiya (never used it as Vader could stand okay without it anyway, and it's really cheap-looking). I flattened some of its surface using an X-acto knife for IM's feet to sit on, then used a resin epoxy to attach the figure permanently. A day after I repainted the entire stand, covering the pink epoxy.

I cut the prismatic Iron Man tag from a DVD sleeve, had it laminated, and slid it on grooves I cut on the base. I'm really happy with the result. No more plunging! What's funny is that while looking for the Koto base I found the oversized (about 10 inches wide and 6 inches deep) Batman base Mattel gave their 12-inch figure. It's now waiting for NECA Keaton :lol

I just realized that I forgot to turn the LEDs on the figure before I took photos. I hope you'd like 'em though!

PB060663_zps8ee8821f.jpg

PB060664_zps0042814d.jpg

PB060669_zpsee028cba.jpg

PB060668_zps04c725b9.jpg

PB060667_zps7ebb41df.jpg

PB060665_zps959d9646.jpg

Hi guys! A little update on my custom BD NECA Iron Man: I just hated how it fell over too many times (good thing the shelf it was in wasn't that high), so I thought I'd just set it fixed as a Pseudo-PF Statue.

I glued all the articulation points (kind of frustrated that I can't give him non-awkward, more iconic poses despite its articulation), and then I remembered the cheap-looking lava-ground stand that came with my 1/7 scale Darth Vader statue from Kotobukiya (never used it as Vader could stand okay without it anyway, and it's really cheap-looking). I flattened some of its surface using an X-acto knife for IM's feet to sit on, then used a resin epoxy to attach the figure permanently. A day after I repainted the entire stand, covering the pink epoxy.

I cut the prismatic Iron Man tag from a DVD sleeve, had it laminated, and slid it on grooves I cut on the base. I'm really happy with the result. No more plunging! What's funny is that while looking for the Koto base I found the oversized (about 10 inches wide and 6 inches deep) Batman base Mattel gave their 12-inch figure. It's now waiting for NECA Keaton :lol

I just realized that I forgot to turn the LEDs on the figure before I took photos. I hope you'd like 'em though!

PB060663_zps8ee8821f.jpg

PB060664_zps0042814d.jpg

PB060669_zpsee028cba.jpg

PB060668_zps04c725b9.jpg

PB060667_zps7ebb41df.jpg

PB060665_zps959d9646.jpg

galing ng idea pare! :hi5:

Seriously, you gave him a whole another look. Great job!

:peace

My Neca 1/4 Iron Man took a tumble yesterday and the right leg broke off at the hip. I was surprised to see that the plastic peg connecting that big, heavy leg to the body is only about 1/4" in diameter, if that.

1472035_10152807956404460_1651906134_n.jpg

Back