NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

Avengers assembled for the first time!

IMG_20161210_102229.jpg

15% off at Toys R Us with free shipping

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

30% Off at Calenders plus free shipping
Code: GOBIG

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

How is Calendars.com when it comes to shipping and returns?

I just placed my first order with them 2 weeks back, it's arrived for some time now, picking it up this weekend.

Got my Hulk from Calendars...

The BAD:
I broke BOTH elbow joints and the left leg has something loose in the hip joint rattling around. The elbow joint only has 1/8" plastic ring holding it together. In defence of NECA, I hadn't allowed the figure to fully reach room temp. Since I now longer cared about being careful, I managed to break one of the shoulders as well.

The GOOD:
As always, the sculpt is the best out there. Size is perfect and the paint is great. Worth $200 for that alone.
Overall articulation is good, although most of them were stuck until I used heat to soften the plastic. Great neck joint, which for a figure of this size is a must.
I'm pretty sure they eyes are separate from the face, meaning it's possible to mod the eyes to move.

I called and they said I could return it via mail or at their retail locations.

The BAD:
I broke BOTH elbow joints and the left leg has something loose in the hip joint rattling around. The elbow joint only has 1/8" plastic ring holding it together. In defence of NECA, I hadn't allowed the figure to fully reach room temp. Since I now longer cared about being careful, I managed to break one of the shoulders as well.
HOLY! You must be pissed!! If I'm getting this correctly, you broke 3 joints plus the hip might be damaged? That sucks big them. And here I was super angry at my Mafex BVS Batman's wrist breaking...

To me it sounds like you got a defect. I definitely hope you can get a replacement.

I will say, as much as I love my Hulk, his joints aren't the strongest. It's a bit disappointing. Some of the joints should be tighter and engineered better. That being said, he looks bloody fantastic on the shelf. I just wish he was up to par with some of their DC 1/4 figures like Arkham Batman and Harley, especially at the price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I blame myself for the breakage, it's sub-zero here and I should have warmed him up first.

I can confirm the eyes are separate parts, making them articulate is going to be fun.

Got these from @boostingrx on Instagram. It looks like NECA may have once again upped their game. The detail looks incredible!! I cannot wait to get mine.

a8f865c7f769d54a7dd66f8b77cc2b34.png
5cdcb920650ee3b321d2c0d86cb99587.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back