NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

Well shoot. Not surprised though; I knew it was only a matter of time until he would break again after my little fix up.
0fa77dac8c08dc190d515fd999340a4c.jpg

Glad to see NECA's QC issues have improved with their later 1/4 figures at least. This was always my least favourite one out of the 13 I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

Once again I've managed to somewhat fix my BD Iron Man. Can't fully function but at least he's displayable now and semi poseable.

cab489d3106e35a534171c421ee299dc.jpg

I bought the first 1/4 Hulk, and then got a second one to do a custom. I saw alot of reviews, some people saying he can't stand, he's out of scale etc. I will say this - I noticed the following:
1.) Seems to be a bit of quality control - on one of them the arm motion up and down has a little bit of slack in the compression joint.

2.)In the both, the clicks in the hip seem off on one of the legs

That said, you have to see this in hand. You really, really really, have to see this in hand. nothing really prepares you for how big this is. Overpriced...ah, slightly. Would i want to be caught with where prices for this will be in about a year - no way. I'm already seeing the asking on ebay at 374 + shipping....anyways, EASILY one of my favorites in my collection (300+ 1/6 scale and up figures).

You can get the Hulk on Calanders for $180 with a 25% off code and free shipping. Code: WOW25

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

That really is an amazing deal.

Has anybody else had some of the "buttons" on Hulk's pants come off? I had one on the front and one on the back come off. Had to crazy glue them back on.

Button no but the stitching on one of his blue stripes on his pants came undone (the one visible on my sig).

No biggie can't even tell.

Last edited:

Button no but the stiching on one of his blue stripes on his pants came undone (the one visible on my sig).

No biggie can't even tell.

Ya, that's the thing - the QC seems to be a little off - I notice that on all my Neca figures though, the quality doesn't seem consistent. That said, that Calander's deal is unreal if you are in the market for a hulk :)

NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

I also managed to mostly get Hulk standing straight up without falling over. Takes some fiddling and adjusting, but it's do-able.

He looks that much more impressive on the shelf when he's not squatting.

4119e3b28ea5705bf8887c6d61fbb630.jpg
b14b1b019e90f3e9de31e82708166abd.jpg

Thanks much! I first noticed that the leg proportion was a little bit out of scale with the waste / crotch area, so I first wraped the top of his legs and the ball joints on his legs with sports tape to make the top of his legs just a bit thicker and sturdy. Then just purchase some toddler/ 12 month old jeans , cut'em up, spray painted purple and washed them. Boom! Savage Hulk... easy peeze!

Thanks much! I first noticed that the leg proportion was a little bit out of scale with the waste / crotch area, so I first wraped the top of his legs and the ball joints on his legs with sports tape to make the top of his legs just a bit thicker and sturdy. Then just purchase some toddler/ 12 month old jeans , cut'em up, spray painted purple and washed them. Boom! Savage Hulk... easy peeze!

Savage, indeed. It looks great.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Nice, Now I will buy this...Thanks

Very nice work, now I am considering this hulk, looks 100% better

Well, I did it. I really wanted the Hulk figure to go with the rest of the Avengers but I haven't spent that much before on a figure. Despite being a fan of ones like Hot Toys I simply don't have that sort of money so I can't see the value in it. Living in Australia makes it harder as costs are often incredibly inflated or importing is cost prohibitive. I can safely say calendars.com is my favourite company now. Kickass prices and a crazy flat $7 per item shipping cost to Australia.

Today calendars.com has an extra 5% off NECA figures and fortunately and old 20% off code was still applied to my basket so I got Hulk for $182.39 with $7 shipping. Big $$$ for me but a steal considering the price point elsewhere. Really happy to have this one on its way to me soon. To give you an idea why living in Australia sucks when it comes to this stuff this figure cost me AU$267. Here in Australia it's going for a whopping $480 (US$360) so I basically got it for half the price. Absolutely cheering about that deal - calendars.com rocks.

If anyone else wants in on the action you've got just under 5 hours before the extra 5% off ends. All the other in stock NECA items have the same markdown so if you've been considering something all the $100 ones will be going for $75.

Back