NECA: 1/4 Marvel Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: 1/4 The Avengers

Thank you B.

My review of him to follow.

Are your shoulder joints tight on yours?

Mine are halfway loose so the arms drop if touched.

I was expecting a ratchet joint for the shoulders

Mine are pretty tight, almost to the point of scary right but not quite. They could almost be slightly looser but I would rather have them too tight than too loose.

My left elbow is a little loose where it will swivel down if you bump it. A little annoying but I can work with it.

My biggest complaint is that he can't stand up straight. I get why they made it so he has to have bent knees to stay standing, but it really restricts some of the poses I want to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To spin his shoulders around 360 its tight but up and down it's loose.

Elbows as well, somewhat loose but that I can work with

To spin his shoulders around 360 its tight but up and down it's loose.

Oh that's what you meant. Yea, up and down is a little loose on mine as well. It will still stay out to his side but it wants to drop slightly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you B.

My review of him to follow.

Are your shoulder joints tight on yours?

Mine are halfway loose so the arms drop if touched.

I was expecting a ratchet joint for the shoulders
Mine seem pretty tight.. I just don't like the small gap between the shoulder and the chest area. I know it's there for movement purposes, but I try to figure out how to make it flush.

Well,

I love my Neca Hulk.

They announced their 1/4 Marvel line in July 2012 and it took 4 years and 3 months to release Hulk! 4 years and 3 months!

He's not perfect and Neca could've brought him closer to perfect if not for some odd design choices, but I love him nonetheless.

Good:
Largest Hulk Action Figure in the history of toys/collectibles, that's some historic **** right there
Face sculpt
Waist rotation
Pants better looking than expected
Paint

Bad:
Horrible baseline leg position hinders posing
Pants can get in the way of upper leg movement
No shoulder ratchet joints
Loose shoulder joint
Loose elbow joint
No ankle pivot
No closed mouth sculpt
No ab crunch
He's 1"-2" too short
Should've cost no more than $225.00, maybe even $200. But definately not $250

Even though the bad outweighs the good, I still think he's worth owning.

He's the Hulk and he's big...nuff said.

If you own the other 3 you simply can not deny yourself the Hulk.

IMG_9924.JPG

Although this guy did cost as much as this 24" Hulk!

IMG_9934.JPG

Last edited:

Very fair assessment and without owning him, I agree. The largest Hulk figure ever feature is tempting, especially after seeing how much larger he is than HT, but i feel like the cons might eventually give me buyers remorse. I own dozens of Hulks but every one of them was chosen cuz of an appeal to their look or how well they translated a cartoon, comic or movie design. This looks like a badass Hulk from the waist up, but the legs are an issue for me.

If you remove size (height and bulk) out of the equation absolutely HT Hulk is the best Hulk action figure ever created even with the unrealistic looking elbow skin fold when the arms are bent.

The skin textures, veins, eyes and teeth truly bring the HT Hulk to life and this is why I personally prefer the HT AOU olive green version over the Avengers version because while the first release had a better green and torn pants it lacked the extra layer of skin texture and veins that was added onto the AOU version. Maybe those details were there on the first release but were hidden by the darker shade of green?

HT Hulk size is no slouch either.

That being said Sean you should absolutely figure out a way to buy the NECA Hulk because I promise that you will have a huge grin n your face when you remove him from his box, restricted leg pose or not.

Going to send this to Neca to see if they can send me a replacement.

The dreaded knee joint curve happened to my IM and my Alien is just now starting to form.

IMG_6268.jpg
IMG_6272.jpg
IMG_6274.JPG

Last edited:

I'm going to have NECA heat them up for me lol

Heating it works until weight is put back on the joint.

It's a design flaw that needs to be addressed.

Last edited:

Is it just me, or are the legs on this NECA Hulk somewhat short for the rest of the body? I realize they're bent slightly, but next to the Hot Toys figure the proportions look off. The knees are at similar heights, yet the waist is much higher and the head higher still. Unless Hot Toys is off and they opted for more human proportions with their figure.

Looks a bit better there. Maybe it's the low crotch that's throwing me off.

Back