NBA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ Yes sir! tbh though I was never too worried 'cause as we all know "close out games are actually kind of easy" ...

Didn't realize that the Spurs were on an 18 game winning streak. As long as no one gets hurt. I don't see anyone that's going to stop them from winning this years title.

so does the Laker's season end tonight? I hope not actually, want the Spurs to get more rest.

I want OKC to close out the Lakers tonight so the matchup is set. Pretty sure the WCF won't start for a while even if they do close out since the East series' are both tied 2-2. Spurs will get plenty of rest.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DnKOc6FISU&feature=player_embedded"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DnKOc6FISU&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

probably, but I'm a spurs fan for life, been there for the bad and the good, if the spurs win this year and if they never win again I can live with that.

And you're right, the Lakers will always be a top team because it's a huge market and teams give them gifts all the time, the spurs have to earn their runs but drafting unknowns and signing players people never heard of. Why I feel the 4 titles the spurs have won are equal to the all the titles the Lakers have combined.

:exactly: Spurs have had to fight, scratch and claw all the way to the top on their own with practically no help from anyone. They were never able to cherry pick other team's talent i.e. Gasol, Shaq, Kareem, Wilt...I can go on and on. Spurs had to draft, scout and pick from the dollar bin.

There is absolutely more value to a Spurs championship (and even a Chicago, Houston, Detroit championship etc) than a Laker championship just for the simple fact that pretty much every Laker championship has been gifted to them.

Bottom line is, I respect their franchise but let's face it, you have to respect the kid that fights his way out of poverty to make it to an Ivy League school (the Spurs) much more than the kid who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth (the Lakers).

:rotfl what are you guys smoking and where can I get some? You still have to play the games in order to win championships and the 80s Lakers did against the 80s Celtics, Pistons and Sixers, and all of those teams were loaded with hall of fame players and champions. I know you guys are big Spurs fans and Lakers haters at heart but now you are just talking crazy.

Well they're on a pretty big roll... but as you know that can change fast

Didn't realize that the Spurs were on an 18 game winning streak. As long as no one gets hurt. I don't see anyone that's going to stop them from winning this years title.

I hate to say it but okc is going to give the Spurs fits, esp. if Westbrook plays smart like he has been. It's all on Westbrook this series...

:rotfl what are you guys smoking and where can I get some? You still have to play the games in order to win championships and the 80s Lakers did against the 80s Celtics, Pistons and Sixers, and all of those teams were loaded with hall of fame players and champions. I know you guys are big Spurs fans and Lakers haters at heart but now you are just talking crazy.

the 80's lakers were awesome I have to admit, in fact I like those teams and magic johnson is awesome, just never liked Kobe/shaq duo really. As much as root against Kobe i do respect the hell out of him, which more then I can for lebron

Wow. Tough and weird season for the Lakers and fans. Okc took theirs. Carefully spurs, you can play these guys great for 46 minutes but play 2 badal minutes and they beat you by 10. Two best teams are definitely still standing in the west. East are ass clowns. Like wake and ringer. Not true basketball fans. Just lame bandwagoneers that dissapear when things go sour and talk ____ if they win.

Like the spurs, Lakers have good management. The draw is players want to be in la more so than san antonio generally. I guess that's the silver spoon he's talking about. Look at new York, they have god awful management and players flock there too. ____ on that spoon.

Back