Nature of market for 1:6 scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
possibly. though with 1/12th it's HARD to do cloth and as detailed accessories. No. the more i think about it, the more i think we're going to see a price stablizeation around 179.99.

The current economic market just won't sustain anything else. Not with the looming economic Jubilee in the next 15 years.

I have zero interest in 1/12 and I'm confident I'm not alone.

I'm not a speculator, I collect because I like 1/6. If prices get too expensive it's simple I'll spend my cash with another manufacturer who meets my demands.

Well whether there's as many 1/6 figs for you to purchase in near future is not really up to you to decide since it's company direction and companies move along the trend.

There's still many GX Gokin collectors out there however the number of products has reduced significantly and alternatives are more expensive and less options. So many just stopped.

I have zero interest in 1/12 and I'm confident I'm not alone.

I'm not a speculator, I collect because I like 1/6. If prices get too expensive it's simple I'll spend my cash with another manufacturer who meets my demands.

:lol That's why Hot Toys does 2.0 versions and Sideshow does "Deluxe" versions. Pretty much a redux with enhanced features/improvements to devalue your original purchase.

This is the one thing that drives me away from certain lines, more than anything else.

Did it with Hasbro 3 3/4" Star Wars figures, and Star Wars Lego, too. It just annoys me, having to "keep up with the Joneses" and all that.

Great discussion here, guys. Thoughtful and informative responses!
Mk VII is closing in on $400 and it is now sold out. Even Catwoman is soaring on secondary market. Check prices on DX12 and Bane...

I don't know if 2.0 versions really devalue the originals that much.

DX01 is still pretty darn pricey, despite there being a 2.0. You could make a case for the Mark 1, cause didn't the 2.0 bring it down from going for huge Godfather type prices on the Secondary market?

The Mark I 2.0 release did bring down the original Mark I secondary price a lot, same goes for the Mark II AUV release in relation to the original Mark II. When those 2 figures were first announced it was basically an original figure fire sale in the commerce section and on eBay.

The Mark I 2.0 release did bring down the original Mark I secondary price a lot, same goes for the Mark II AUV release in relation to the original Mark II. When those 2 figures were first announced it was basically an original figure fire sale in the commerce section and on eBay.

I still was too late for a mark 1.

How come some get called 2.0 like joker? While DX10 wasn't.

Back