My Tumbler review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What paint? I don't see any paint problems on mine at all. In fact I don't see any paint, it seems molded in the color with very minimal paint applications.

It isn't paint, Riko. It is black plastic processed in the matte finish. That is why the polystyrene rubbing against it on some peoples was actually buffing it up from the friction in transit. It marks extremely easy.

Just to clarify, when I checked and fixed these marks it was never fingerprints. It was the polystyrene packaging pressing onto the plastic marking it. Causing it to appear at first thinking it was thumb prints. The way the packaging was done causing imprinting of the dotted pattern into it. Really isn't the best of packaging for protecting it for looks. Done more harm than good. Most if not all depending on how long this had happened during transit most came out with luke warm water and a soft cloth. Other marks I had to fix up with matte weathering kits to take the shine out from the pressure of the lid to the plastic. The polystyrene isn't soft enough to protect it. It alone is like a firm soft plastic (but not soft enough) in a way causing that rubbing/buffing effect.

dscf7301.jpg

Could you explain why you did give it the 4 star rating? Just talking about the paint itself without compensating that obvious flaw with the good scultp etc, but just talking about the paint?

Hmmm, you know, I could have swore I already explained that in several paragraphs. Ah, yes I did - in the review. I didn't have paint issues. I'm not basing my review on net photos, or the tumbler somebody else got - my reviews are based on the one I have.

I had the polystyrene rubbings too, but didn't think twice about it as they wiped off right away. Now that I have the batteries installed I'm digging this thing even more.

Just a note, is the steering column supposed to be glued down?

What are you calling the 'column'? The entire console moves forward and back on the track...but I couldn't get any of the controls on the console to move.

What are you calling the 'column'? The entire console moves forward and back on the track...but I couldn't get any of the controls on the console to move.

The entire thing is loose and rattling around. I guess that answers my question. Nothing broken it looks like, just came loose from the square on the track.

Back