My Scarecrow Costume from Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Detale78

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thought I would show off my costume for Halloween this year. I decided to be the Scarecrow from Batman Begins. I am going for the look at the end of the film when he is in the straightjacket. I custom made the straightjacket, the mask is by Tyler Hassett of THS studios and is made of burlap with a wire inside to keep its shape. Still a work in progress as I'm going to get a noose to put around the neck and need to pick up and weather some black slacks from Goodwill still.

I do not believe at the scene in the end of the movie he is still wearing his suit, jacket and tie but not sure can anyone confirm this underneath the jacket.

Sorry for the bad picks its just me in the bathroom mirror until my girlfriend gets home to shoot some better pictures of me.

I am open to suggestions and criticisms as I want to make this an awesome costume.

100_1890.jpg

100_1891.jpg

100_1892.jpg

100_1893.jpg

100_1894.jpg

100_1895.jpg

Here is the costume displayed on a microphone stand:

100_1867.jpg

100_1871.jpg

Thanks for looking...

You could get one of those silly horse costumes, you know, the inflated ones, where your legs sereve as the horse's, and fake people legs hang over the fake saddle. Would be classic.

Bad ass costume, by the way.

You could get one of those silly horse costumes, you know, the inflated ones, where your legs sereve as the horse's, and fake people legs hang over the fake saddle. Would be classic.

Bad ass costume, by the way.

Yeah that would be funny as hell :lol

But going for the more serious and scary aspect of the character.

looks awesome..........if i dressed up for Halloween, besides the predator, I would defn go with that as a costume. The noose is a must!

That suit looks absolutely nuts. Mask looks really awesome too. Have you tried tightening it from the back so it fits to your face more?? I tried making one once and it was kind of irritating in that way. I had to sew a mask inside of it. Also, I've heard of people building it around a gas mask.

and shaunanded...nice signature. Is that kate beckinsale?

Here are a few more pictures I took with the noose added. I also added "Arkham Asylum" to the front of the jacket but it is not permanent, just held on with a thin layer of latex. What do you think with or without the letters on it.

100_1906.jpg

100_1904.jpg

100_1905.jpg

100_1900.jpg

I vote that you rent a horse for the day.I assume that there is a ranch somewhere that does that sort of thing.You'd win every Costume contest in your state!

I was lucky enough to get this from Detale78. Both the mask and straightjacket look even better in person than they do in his pics. Now I've got a killer costume for Halloween and/or Comic Con! :rock

Back