My Office Showroom Build (Display, Lighting, Mod Tips & Service)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: My office showroom. (Display, Lighting, Mod Tips & Service)

EDIT: a sales thread (with additional images soon) has been posted here: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...rs-1-6-Vader-Luke-and-more-Worldwide-Shipping

Here are some really quick images I just snapped. No futzing was done on the figures, Vader is still in mid-mod and the suit is all benched up, plus I've lost the chain for the cape and Vader's helmet isn't attached to his mask - it's actually riding high/back a bit. One of Luke's pouches fell off before snapping the pic too and no effort has been made to hide the wires that power the lights.

Sabers and Vader's belt/chest powered from my Vader Saber kit, shown above, from a single 12v supply - this will be wired directly to the shelf once I'm done.

Last edited:

I have to say, your custom display work is inspiring. Bravo. :duff

Looks dam n good PP! The length and thickness resembles the OT sabers very well IMO.

Kudos to you (and Nate) for making these available for all the 1/6 Star Wars fans. :)

Re: My office showroom build-out. (IKEA Detolf, Klingsbo, Expedit, custom cabs & ligh

Thanks guys! I'm going to be pre-making a bunch of these sabers, so if anyone wants to order there won't be any backlogs or shipping delays. I'm also buying up a few more spare hilts to further improve turn-around time.

Will you be doing them in other colours?

Re: My office showroom build-out. (IKEA Detolf, Klingsbo, Expedit, custom cabs & ligh

Will you be doing them in other colours?

Yes, green as well. I've just bought a full set of Grievous hilts to light up, so once I confirm the specs for those, I'll make sure to regularly stock green lamps too. Purple would also be an easy option because the lamps are readily available.

Great work on those sabers. Are you offering these as a set that we can just buy or do we need to send in our hilts?

You'll need to send in hilts for what you want, but the turn around will be pretty quick because I'm trying to make sure I have hilts on hand to pre-produce. If I was able to find more loose hilts for sale I'd gladly sell them complete already without the need to take on customer hilts. The other option would be to cast (recast) some hilts, but I'm not really interested in that because first, they are Sideshow's design and second because that would require the customer to paint/finish them.

When you send me a hilt I send out a complete product that you can simply plug in. The only optional thing you have to do it route the wiring through the clothing of the figure if you want to better hide it.

Love the display and collection

Sabers look awesome :clap

The following additional saber options should be available soon:

Yoda (mini saber)
Darth Malgus
Darth Maul (2 saber set)
General Grievous (2 saber half set or 4 saber full set)
Obi Wan Kenobi (TPM or ANH)
Plo Kloon (1 saber or 2 sabers (second has 2 blades))
Jedi Luke

I've got a bunch more mixed hilts on hand now, so I'll make what I can in advance and post some pictures soon. Unfortunately I don't have any of the figures listed above, so it will be pictures of sabers only - or held by some other figure. ;)

Remember that still I am waitting for the Vader and Lukes cathode lightasaber. Send me a PM when you ready to go.

Regards

Sorry, I got caught with a shortage of red CCFL tubes with some longer than expected shipping - should have been here a few weeks ago. In the meantime everything else is in stock to handle production. ;) I'll contact you soon with final details once I have the CCFL in hand. I don't want anyone to wait after starting the transaction.

New addition, long time waiting.

Dewback on Tatooine - In Progress by 8 Pixelpiper 8, on Flickr

Still in progress, need to print my final background and then set up the custom lights I've made along with the Sandtroopers and Tusken Raider that will keep this guy company. Now I'm thinking about adding sound to many of my displays with discrete push buttons to activate.

Last edited:

Status update on CCFL sabers: A large shipment of CCFL bulb inventory was damaged in transit to me and put a significant delay on progress. These should have been here over 3 weeks ago and I've had to source replacements. The good news is that some of the replacements should be here soon - I also ended up going to multiple suppliers to make sure there no single point of failure.

My new workshop is also almost finished being built, it just needs flooring and doors put in this week, then it's time to rock and roll.

How much do these cost per saber? Trying to figure out when I wll be able to fit these in my funds.. :p

Hey man! I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your awesome collection with us! finally I have found a way to display my very own MOTUC collection. Your Klingsbo mod is simply perfect for it. I hope it is ok for you that I will "copy" that particular idea from you. It fits perfectly in my collection room and will have enough place for the complete collection! Once again thank you very much for your creative inputs!

Hey man! I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your awesome collection with us! finally I have found a way to display my very own MOTUC collection. Your Klingsbo mod is simply perfect for it.

You're very welcome, by all means, go for it and post a link with some photos when you have it under way. I think the Klingsbo will be very well suited to displaying figures of the MOTUC size.

I just went through the whole thread and fixed a bunch of broken Flickr links and removed a few out-dated ones.

CCFL Saber Update: If we've previously chatted about cathode sabers and I haven't contacted you recently with instructions for the hilts, I'll be doing so within the next week.

Likewise, if I've previously sent you information, but you haven't replied with confirmation of what you'd like, please do so within the next few days if possible.

Back