My name is GLADIATOR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New pic! Maximus in the "arena" leather armor and belt. He's coming along quickly. I may end up offering these sooner than expected. Hopefully.

DSC03965.jpg

Great stuff, Shawn. :clap

It's not bad but don't you think the tunic is a little too short! Also shawn when are those rubber amrs are they gonna be ready!!
Good work though!
seb

I'm guessing it's just some tweaks made to accomodate the figure body vs. Crowe's body. Locations look right to the body, but the figure's body and Crowe's aren't the same so some differentiations have to be made on the armor and such. Looks great, and I think better to make it match to the body better than to just straight go for the film's look, then it'd be too long or something.

11.jpg

Maximus is now available for pre-order. There are 26 guys on the list, I believe. I will be taking payment for first FIVE. These will ship mid January. I want to use December to catch up all of our other projects and go into the new year clean! At the beginning/middle of January I will resume taking payments for the rest in groups of three to five. Production will roll smoothly in '09; I've developed all of the new stuff I plan to develope for a while and will not be spending any time on designing new stuff.

gm5.jpg

gm6.jpg

GM7.jpg

gm4.jpg

gm8.jpg

gm3.jpg

gm1.jpg

gm10.jpg

gm11.jpg

THE LIST:

reinhardt
darkartist81
waterfold
vader70450
kl241
decadent dave
captain EO
kain's ancient blade
toyadventurer
sawyer009
lordazrael
sixtus 56
chapuchi
mistertoyNYC
maulfan
sladesuperagent
knewby
ashton16
darklord dave
irishjedi
MPcanes
spawnfan
jeffTVR
Damien
swtimes11
drakEP3

Now this thread is up and running I will move it through to the Customs Commission section.
You may get more people interested in there too.

Looks awesome btw :rock
Shell
x :peace

Looks very very awesome Shawn. Cannot wait to have him on my shelf.
Hit me up with a PM when I have to pay, I rarely visit this thread and I dont want to miss out :lol

Hmm so can you also make the straps on his shoulder to make it look like the final battle armour?

I am thinkinng of getting this one instead of the one from Chris Howes.

I will also be doing the final battle armor for the figure. Everything you need in one neat package! :D

I will also be doing the final battle armor for the figure. Everything you need in one neat package! :D

Woohoo!! :D

Put me on the list then Shawn!

:banana

P.S. Can you also make a second body with a headsculpt that will be provided by Chris and have the final armour on that one and the slave armour on the other with your headsculpt?

Sorry for being a pain in the ass. ;)

P.S. Can you also make a second body with a headsculpt that will be provided by Chris and have the final armour on that one and the slave armour on the other with your headsculpt?

Sorry for being a pain in the ass. ;)

The short answer to that, is "no".

:lol OK, the long answer:

The way Chris is handling the head attachment (one-piece head/neck, standard head sculpt) is nothing like mine. I would have to have to recast his head not once, but twice, to make the conversion. I'm not recasting his work. It's also more trouble than you might think. If his head were slightly larger or smaller than mine it would not line up properly on the neck I designed specifically for my sculpt. I never really thought a screaming head for Maximus would be that appealing but if it is, I may do one for my figure.

Back