My name is GLADIATOR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. Looks great so far. What body are you building on? Would you consider using HT Truetype?

that usually adds a crap hell of a price onto custom figures and although Shaun may be different I know most prefer not to use them. Maybe you could custom order him to do this. I don't think there would be a massive problem with this since Shauns arms I think could fit on a hot toys body and I'm sure the head on this figure could.
The only problem that may be present is the armor not fitting but if not great !.
I am interested to know if everything with this could fit on a hot toys body too. :D

Yeah, I'm guessing this custom armor and outfit was handmade to fit the body Shawn is using...

G4.jpg

Shawn, this looks great. Is it real "leatha"... or a rubber casting?

In any event, it looks cool, love the detailing. :D

Thanks for all the support on this one, guys. The piece means a lot, as do all of the kind words. I'll get a few questions I noticed....

You couldn't really make two complete figures out of him. The "arena" armor set allows three display options (slave: just add the belt, Arena and Carthage). But there's also the arm/leg skins, tunic, hand wraps and boots. And the neck isn't standard, so it would be pretty hard for someone else to put one together. It's a seamless neck, blended right into the body.

I'll be using Dragon Neo bodies. I like the TT bodies, but Russell Crowe is not that big of a guy. I've got a guy's HT Joker here for some work, and those things are freakin' tall! And, yeah, they do add cost to a custom. They're pricey, must be ordered from Asia and can really only be found on ebay most of the time. The bodies run around $30.00 and, if ordered from Asia, you can expect to spend about another $30.00 on freakin' shipping! :banghead
If someone wants to supply the body, I would be willing to use it. But let me mess around with this Joker, see how it fits the outfit. My only concern would be the length of the two vests. They would come up short, as far as screen accuracy goes. If you want a HT body enough to live with that, I can do it.

The Arena armor, as seen in the photo, is fabricated from various materials. Many things are easier to do that way as oppsed to sculpting. It will end up as a rubber cast, but will look just like that one. I did the same process with the other vest, the rubber casts even captured the slight texture of the material. It will be worn and weathered, too just as I did with the one you see in the photo. I even figured out how to make my own latex paints that do not rub off! Pretty cool.

I also updated the list. Keeping that in my first post.

Last edited:
Gladiator is my all-time favorite movie! I must have a Maximus! Please put me done for one!

Eric

Last edited:
that usually adds a crap hell of a price onto custom figures and although Shaun may be different I know most prefer not to use them. Maybe you could custom order him to do this. I don't think there would be a massive problem with this since Shauns arms I think could fit on a hot toys body and I'm sure the head on this figure could.
The only problem that may be present is the armor not fitting but if not great !.
I am interested to know if everything with this could fit on a hot toys body too. :D

No worries. A hot toys body would offer a chance to swap heads a bit easier. I have a Hot Toys Russell Crowe I repainted and figured it could work well with Shaun's body/Armor. Excited to see your sculpt. Everything is looking great so far.

Thanks for all the support on this one, guys. The piece means a lot, as do all of the kind words. I'll get a few questions I noticed....

You couldn't really make two complete figures out of him. The "arena" armor set allows three display options (slave: just add the belt, Arena and Carthage). But there's also the arm/leg skins, tunic, hand wraps and boots.

Hi,

Will you be adding the shoulder plates seen here:

https://www.free-desktop-wallpaper-download.com/data/media/17/Gladiator.jpg

Back