My name is GLADIATOR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SovereignStudio

Super Freak
Reaction score
After six months of work I'm happy to announce my 1:6 scale MAXIMUS. This is the first of several teaser photos that I'll be showing over the next couple of weeks.
Maximus will include a worn and weathered blue tunic, "slave" belt, leather armor (from the "Are you not entertained?" fight), "The battle of Carthage" armor including chainmail, two heads painted heads (one wth helmet, one without), boots, hand wrappings, "Carthage" sword. All armor is fully removeable. Also has my new arm/leg skins. He will be in the $175.00-$200.00 range.
I want to start a tenative list now to gauge possible interest. When final photos are posted I will begin to take pre-orders and these will go into production mid January '09. That will give me time to catch up everything else, start fresh with an empty plate for the new year. Hope yuo guys like the photo, and the others as they unfold.

g5c.jpg

HOLY HELL bro!! That looks amazing... really is something fantastic. You can certainly count on me to order one. And great shot as well. :rock

Oh lord that looks amazing! Definitely count me as interested and sold.

Also, just wondering, is the helmet removable? I'm guessing no since there are two head sculpts

Sounds like it will be one permanently helmeted head and one w/o the helmet. Looking badass :rock

Oh lord that looks amazing! Definitely count me as interested and sold.

Also, just wondering, is the helmet removable? I'm guessing no since there are two head sculpts

No, the helmet isn't removable. There was no good way to do it. Just the design of the thing, the way it curves inward in the back to cradle the head, it must have been a tight fit and a bit painful for Crowe to get on. To get it in scale it would have to be incredibly thin and fragile and would probably damage the head. BUT... I DID do one cool thing to take care of you guys :banana The portion over the face is a seperate piece, glued on after the face is painted. It sits out away from the head and really creates the "not attached to my face" look. If you look at the first photo, you'll notice the gaps there.

I actually double posted this in the "General Collectibles" section. The list and more info is over there. It's hard these days to decide where new stuff will get the most traffic:banghead

No, the helmet isn't removable. There was no good way to do it. Just the design of the thing, the way it curves inward in the back to cradle the head, it must have been a tight fit and a bit painful for Crowe to get on. To get it in scale it would have to be incredibly thin and fragile and would probably damage the head. BUT... I DID do one cool thing to take care of you guys :banana The portion over the face is a seperate piece, glued on after the face is painted. It sits out away from the head and really creates the "not attached to my face" look. If you look at the first photo, you'll notice the gaps there.

I actually double posted this in the "General Collectibles" section. The list and more info is over there. It's hard these days to decide where new stuff will get the most traffic:banghead

Great idea, threw me off when I saw it, thats why I asked the question :lol

Back