MAXIMUS interest & order thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SovereignStudio

Super Freak
Reaction score
g5c1.jpg

The MAXIMUS review and photo thread, courtesy of Maulfan:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54896

I'm now taking orders for Maximus. I will only be taking THREE orders at a time while I'm shipping out my backlog, the turn around on new orders is 4-6 weeks. As the backlog improves I'll take 4-5 orders at a time and the turn around will shorten. I had originally set the price for this one at $200.00 + shipping, it's now $150.00 + shipping. As detailed as he is they take less time to make than I thought they would, and that's primarily what my prices are based on.
Below in the original list. A handful were paid for. I think I know who they all are, but please drop me a PM if you've paid. I lost that list in the crash, too. If you're interested in joining the list or want to confirm your place, chime in here and I'll get a revised list going. Placement on the list doesn't matter. As I'm only taking three at a time I'm doing this first come, first served. Shoot me a PM if you wan in on the first batch. I can take two more. JeffTVR has already confirmed.

THE LIST:

reinhardt
darkartist81
waterfold
vader70450
kl241
decadent dave
captain EO
kain's ancient blade
toyadventurer
sawyer009
lordazrael
sixtus 56
chapuchi
mistertoyNYC
maulfan
sladesuperagent
knewby
ashton16
darklord dave
irishjedi
MPcanes
spawnfan
jeffTVR
Damien
swtimes11
drakEP3

Last edited:
Cool, I already paid a while back Shawn, I can send you a PM of the details later if you need. I'm definitely down for the new sculpt as well. Thanks!

Cool, I already paid a while back Shawn, I can send you a PM of the details later if you need. I'm definitely down for the new sculpt as well. Thanks!

Got you covered, bro. You were alrady on my paid list. And, you'll get the new sculpt.

This is what I'm going with. After I've given him hair and a beard, of course. It's the sculpt from Sean's photos, modified. When I originally posted that sculpt unpainted, everyone loved it. I couldn't figure out what the hell went wrong. It was his eyes. I have a tendency to set eyes to eyes too deep sometimes, and that can really ruin a portriat; that Herman Munster effect. It seldom shows with unpainted sculpts, since it just reads as a random shadow and people overlook it. But paint really brings that out. 90% of a person's life is in the eyes. Screw that up and the portriat's accuracy and realism are gone.

I brought his eyes forward, with thinner eyelids, and reworked the forehead a bit. I now it freaks some of you out when I paint the eyes without painting the face :D It's just easier to see what you're working with when you have EYEballs and not just balls.

DSC04787.jpg

DSC04791.jpg

DSC04793.jpg

DSC04797.jpg

Back