My experience with BobbyC (Bob Causey) and his 1/3 Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bobby says it was sent out to be worked on by the owner,

According to bobbyc's response, the owner sent it to be worked on to fix a leg issue. That wouldn't result in the green on the Joker's face

And even if that happened later (due to some re-dying - which we have no evidence for) it CERTAINLY doesn't explain the bubbles in the eyes, which only could have happened at the source.

how do you know what it looked like in the begining ?? sorry but you dont. neither do i, but seeing as i have had plenty of bobby's works in my collection, i can say mine were recieved everytime with perfection. bobby is a perfectionist, that right there should tell you that this joker didnt leave looking like this

I don't understand. Are you saying that because YOU haven't had any problems, it's not possible for someone ELSE to have had problems?

Isn't that kind of like me saying that "I've never received a bad Hot Toys figure, so I don't believe you when you say you have?"

bubbaman has a grievance and he's airing it. Lots of people have maintained sterling reputations and were highly respected for years, before leaks in the damn started to show themselves. Those leaks never would have been exposed if everyone who complained was shot down because "it doesn't match the m.o. of the guy you're complaining about."

I'm not taking one side or another here, but I don't think your reply is a fair one. bubbaman has every right to point out the facts and to be listened to with an open mind.

There are some misunderstanding about my position. I'm not looking to destroy a reputation or making disguised publicity.
I thought this experience was interesting to share with you.
Like I said, I took some time before writing it because I didn't want it to look as vengeance or some other bad feeling like that.
I love the work of BobbyC, his latest lifesize joker is amazing and this new 1/3 joker looks great too.
I'm not putting pressure on him to get anything. Like I said again, I don't care anymore.
Like some of you said, he did an amazing job on many statues that you received. It just wasn't the case for my statue, it has some imperfections that's all.

Look I have contacted you with as many solutions as I can do for you. I never played dead, what do you think would happen when you post this? this board has a mob mentality.although it appears allot better then a few years ago.I even offered a life size bust beyond repairing any mistakes, just for any inconvenience I have caused you.

Look my offer still stands, I dont want you to feel bad about this remove the thread email me direct and I will resolve this just like I was willing to do 2 years ago,and everyday since.
really that is all I can say, feel free guys to keep ripping on me, Thanks for the hate emails, Americans do not suck,we do not deserve all the bad things that happen to us.(this is in response to a hate email based on this thread).
This is the only problem in 14 years of doing this.

Who knows what happened here.... maybe the package was intercepted and replaced with a poor bootleg? haha.

/Yeah funny , why not, you can get a recast of my work stolen directly from my house.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-1-6...prg=20131017132637&rk=1&rkt=4&sd=221366225783

he has 3 available, at least he was kind enough to take my name off the auction.
or if you are into lost boys, you can get a terrible recast of my bust , guess what 3 available as well.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lost-Boys-...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item417af47993[url]

What was the point of making this thread if this was received 2 years ago and the artist was willing to solve the problem . . . 2 years ago? I could see posting this criticism and these pics two years ago after you had the item in hand, but why now? What's done is done. If you're not looking to hurt a reputation, why bring it up?

Looks to me like bubbaman is not satisfied with his end product and bobbyC is trying to get things done properly. Here and Now there is communication between the two. I hope that now there is communication beyond the posts and thread between the two and everything works out. Bobby is offering to take it back and repair or get it to the customer's satisfaction. The only thing Bubbaman needs to do is accept his offer and send it out.

Look I have contacted you with as many solutions as I can do for you. I never played dead, what do you think would happen when you post this? this board has a mob mentality.although it appears allot better then a few years ago.I even offered a life size bust beyond repairing any mistakes, just for any inconvenience I have caused you.

Look my offer still stands, I dont want you to feel bad about this remove the thread email me direct and I will resolve this just like I was willing to do 2 years ago,and everyday since.
really that is all I can say, feel free guys to keep ripping on me, Thanks for the hate emails, Americans do not suck,we do not deserve all the bad things that happen to us.(this is in response to a hate email based on this thread).
This is the only problem in 14 years of doing this.

Hating on Americans is so last decade.

Seems both sides have had their input. I don't know BobbyC from a bar of soap but he's more than willing to discuss the matter with OP privately, where the discussion now belongs. Close thread imo.

lol, did bubbaman start this thread to point out the problems he has had in dealing with a custom artist?

Or did he do it so that bobbyc could turn it into a multi-post advertisment for his latest product?

Classy attempt at distraction, bobbyc. Very classy.

:rolleyes:

Only somebody not thinking correctly, would think bobby causey needs to drum up business with a fake thread, lol....maybe your just talking out loud because it's something you would do, classy fella, real classy.

Last edited:
According to bobbyc's response, the owner sent it to be worked on to fix a leg issue. That wouldn't result in the green on the Joker's face

And even if that happened later (due to some re-dying - which we have no evidence for) it CERTAINLY doesn't explain the bubbles in the eyes, which only could have happened at the source.

I don't understand. Are you saying that because YOU haven't had any problems, it's not possible for someone ELSE to have had problems?

Isn't that kind of like me saying that "I've never received a bad Hot Toys figure, so I don't believe you when you say you have?"

bubbaman has a grievance and he's airing it. Lots of people have maintained sterling reputations and were highly respected for years, before leaks in the damn started to show themselves. Those leaks never would have been exposed if everyone who complained was shot down because "it doesn't match the m.o. of the guy you're complaining about."

I'm not taking one side or another here, but I don't think your reply is a fair one. bubbaman has every right to point out the facts and to be listened to with an open mind.

Of course he has a gripe, for sure. But when a guy comes on the forum just to out a respected customizer, well, let's just say ii'll go with the guy I know best. This guy didn't come on here to engage in 1/6 collecting, or statue collecting, he made a membership to do one thing, if you want to side with a guy that had none, zero, posts , and this is his first, I feel bad for you bro.

Bobby,
For sure send the hate email to a mod, do not let the scum get away with it. Just another ignorant hates his own life jerk.

Bobby is an awesome Artist!
Don't know who this guy is, he made the same threads on both the rpf and statueforum.

Well, I didn't think it would turn out like this and I'm sorry.
I know I'm not an active member here (english isn't my mother language).
If the mods think it's better to close this thread, you can do it no problem.
I wasn't here to insult anyone, just to tell what happened with this statue when I received it.

To Bubbaman - To be honest, the next post you should make should be directed to BobbyC. He's looking at the thread and asking you how to get this resolved in a possible manner. He's made several posts directed towards you and asking how to resolve it but you haven't responded or mentioned that you two are discussing the matter through e-mails again.

Bubba, Bobby has told you several times here that he is willing to take care of you plus compensate you for your troubles. Are you going to respond to him? Isnt that the reason you posted this? To get a response? He seems to be willing to make amends. If not, then this thread should be taken down as it serves no point but to bash someone.

Only somebody not thinking correctly, would think bobby causey needs to drum up business with a fake thread, lol....maybe your just talking out loud because it's something you would do, classy fella, real classy.

I wasn't suggesting that this was a fake thread. I was suggesting that the OP made the thread because he wanted to talk about the issue he was having, and that maybe everyone should stay on point with that - posting pictures of a separate, unrelated project is unhelpful and distracting, and honestly just makes things look shady.

Of course he has a gripe, for sure. But when a guy comes on the forum just to out a respected customizer, well, let's just say ii'll go with the guy I know best.

bubbaman didn't post his thread just to "out a respected customizer." He's a customer that has spent several thousand dollars and is talking about his disappointed experience, which he has a right to do. The result of this thread has been that bobbyc has publicly attempted to resolve things, and we all can see that. That seems like pretty good progress to me.

This guy didn't come on here to engage in 1/6 collecting, or statue collecting, he made a membership to do one thing, if you want to side with a guy that had none, zero, posts , and this is his first, I feel bad for you bro.

I don't think the number of posts should have any bearing on whether or not bubbaman has the right to post or be taken seriously. What matters is that he's a real customer - as bobbyc has acknowledged - that spent several thousands on an item he's unhappy with. He doesn't need to post 100 or 1000 times first before he's allowed to talk about something or before he should be taken seriously and listened to with an open mind.

That's just basic respect.

Bubbaman's Joker shall be renamed the Dr. Seuss Joker. Look at that posture fits the Seuss universe to a tea.

Well, I didn't think it would turn out like this and I'm sorry.
I know I'm not an active member here (english isn't my mother language).
If the mods think it's better to close this thread, you can do it no problem.
I wasn't here to insult anyone, just to tell what happened with this statue when I received it.

I was in a quite similar situation as you with another artist/customizer recently, sometimes situations like this happen with customs stuff. But Being a stand up guy as Bobby is, you should be grateful that hes willing to fix the issue with you and not just give the solution one sided.

You should message him and work out your issues with him.

Back