Action Figure MT MT 1/6 Geralt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG-20190615-WA0001.jpg
This is one of them. You can see my works on my page on Facebook, Statsmann Custom Works.

I was saying specifically that I wont preorder slash send money to someone for something I cant lay eyes on a prototype first of. I'm sure what the others are getting at too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

It's okay. This is more like a commission from Freeze001, and seems people interested to jump in. Because of that, I don't work on a prototype first. And I won't work on it unless people are committed. Most of the time people always say to me they are interested, they like the progress and the prototype, and then backed out after I produced it. So I prefer to do another project that supported me :D

I've been putting together a Netflix Geralt 1/6 figure, and I was wondering which figure base body would be the most accurate for Henry Cavill's general physique in the netflix film.

The two main ones i've been considering are the GANGHOOD 1.0 and the Hot Toys TTM20, although I'm open to any thoughts, suggestions and opinions. Thanks again!

Henry has broad shoulders and a big chest, but a narrow waist. That Ganghood has a thick waist and a really short neck. HT Superman sculpts cover it entirely and looks like he's shrugging. I'd say there are a few Worldbox bodies much closer to his physique, or maybe a DOFP Wolverine body. That last one is probably hard to come by though.

Henry has broad shoulders and a big chest, but a narrow waist. That Ganghood has a thick waist and a really short neck. HT Superman sculpts cover it entirely and looks like he's shrugging. I'd say there are a few Worldbox bodies much closer to his physique, or maybe a DOFP Wolverine body. That last one is probably hard to come by though.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I do agree that Ganghood has a thicker waist than desired...I have tried the Worldbox body as suggested, I happened to have one for an older bash of Wolverine, used it to measure the physique and you are quite right - the waists are slimmer and the shoulders are broader and more defined. That said, I came up on an unexpected challenge and perhaps an old frustration I had with Worldbox bodies... They're much more solid (plastic density) and in terms of its pegs (neck and leg) the worldbox is somewhat an odd one, most other pegs don't fit it so well and despite running the gauntlet of hot toys/damtoys/ganghood/zctoys pegs, the worldbox body neck peg is still somewhat oddly sized and the receiving neck socket is a fixed (non modular ) sort. The lack of give on the plastic (since its so solid and dense) also means that I can't force other sized pegs into it.... so while I do think visually its perfect, working with it thus far (in the past hour that I've tried) does reveal several limitations - modding wise and poseability. (it does look perfect but its stiff like a log though)

I still come up short on the same issue for both ganghood and worldbox, the neck pegs are too short. I wonder if there's a longer neckpeg out there that might be compatible. The headsculpt I'm using, which would soon be sent for a repaint and rehair - is a Justice League hot toys superman head. The sculpt is an odd one that uses the black short neck pegs, which is the main key issue that I have right now. Any chance anyone has a solution for the neck pegs? one that's slightly longer than the one the standard superman comes with? Worldbox uses and ganghood both use a slightly longer neck peg (primarily because one peg's larger than the other.... whereas the hot toys one has both pegs of equal size..

I think I might look into the DOFP bodies if possible. Been looking for reference pics of the body but I couldn't find a decent one...

This is a DOFP Wolverine body. The arms are double jointed and the neck is quite substantial. I think GI Joe Colton and Bruce Banner have similar bodies.

I'm saving this one to switch the MT Geralt over to.
6159d1a3bbc3557dfc03d31cb298a30d.jpg

This is my witcher hunter~Geralt!
Here I changed his body and made a lot of adjustments and costume changes, Including leg bolding and so on...
3.jpg
2.jpg
5.jpg
4.jpg
1.jpg

Back