Movies that were awesome that you might not of heard of .

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Night Watch:
267802.jpg

This reminded me of this:

51137ECY59L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

And while we're at it...a little slice of Hitchcockian heaven:

vacancyDVDart.jpg

I'll have to look for it. The cast alone makes it sound good to me. All that's missing from it is John Saxon and a creepy Jerry Goldsmith soundtrack. :)

Jeff

Don't forget Larry Storch as the scout leader!! You can watch it in pieces on youtube. Not as great as it is remembered unfortunately. I would LOVE to see a 1:6 version of the alien though.

I thought Darkness was a pretty good movie, as well as Night Watch and Anatomy.

Darkness:
DarknessDVD.jpg

Night Watch:
267802.jpg

Anatomy:
(can't find a picture of a cover for it, sorry)

I don't think I've seen Darkness and not sure I've heard of Anatomy. Night Watch was brilliant. I never did watch the original Russian version. I might do that later. I read there was a sequel in the works. Anybody know for sure?

Thanks for all the recs, btw. Just made my "to buy" list a little larger. ;)

Jeff

I missed this thread the first time around. I agree with what everyone said about Begotten. Amazing and disturbing.

lol i remember children do play with dead things, even though it was a grindhouse movie it was still great and had some really good visuals in it.

Don't forget Larry Storch as the scout leader!! You can watch it in pieces on youtube. Not as great as it is remembered unfortunately. I would LOVE to see a 1:6 version of the alien though.

Larry Storch is in it? Man, OK, that makes it mondo cool! ;)

Last edited:
I saw a vhs copy of that movie and thought it was over rated and too artsy, but would have been totally freaked if I knew it was real and not just a "movie" reminds me a little of Eraser head but with the volume turned all the way up!

FINALLY!!!! Thank you for posting that link! I heard about this film many years ago but could never find it in order to watch it (I've had it my netflix queue for such a long time hoping they would get a copy).

I must say, it was a VERY interesting film. The themes of life, death, suffering and sacrifice were presented throughout the film. Of course once I got to the end credits everything came together and all was made clear.

Great film.

Last edited:
I really like The Devil's Backbone and The Orphanage.

Guillermo Del Toro directed the first and produced the second. If you watch them, I implore you to watch it with the original Spanish language track (with English subtitles, if you need them).

Truly amazing.
:rock :rock

A film that not many people may of heard of is called 'Neon Maniacs' its a cracking horror movie with a bunch of weird killers like 'Slasher', 'Samurai','Doc' and 'The Thing'.

You can only get it on VHS I believe but worth tracking down.

Another film that I really enjoyed when I was younger was 'Dark Side Of the Moon', its a horror/sci fi film about the bermuda triangle and the devil - superb and very scary.

Night Watch was brilliant. I never did watch the original Russian version. I might do that later. I read there was a sequel in the works. Anybody know for sure?

The Sequel has been out for a while now. It's called Day Watch. The movies are based on novels. There is a third novel called Twilight Watch. I assume a movie is on the way for that too. I have the books but haven’t gotten around to reading them. I read somewhere there is a fourth book coming out, but forgotten what is was to be called and now can’t find any info on it.

Another movie not too many might be familiar with is Tetsuo The Iron Man. It's another really weird film. And not for the faint of heart.

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but 'Cemetery Man' is a real trip. Goofy, offbeat. It's sort of like 'Dead Alive' with less gore and a psychological twist ending.

A few others:
Fulci's Tomb of the Blind Dead
Fucli's Return of the Blind Dead
Buba Ho-Tep (modern, but I'm always surprised
how few people are aware of it)
The Burning
Sleepaway Camp (pretty twisted ending!)

Back