Movie Mistakes / Snafus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DinoDB1975

Super Freak
Reaction score
No, this isn't a thread about crappy movies that were a mistake to be made.

My apologies if there has already been a thread like this. Just started this for *****s and giggles.

I was watching my Blu-Ray of Aliens last night, and saw two instances / scenes that were completely wrong.

The first is the scene where Ripley has driven the APC into the alien hive to rescue the Colonial Marines. A fire breaks out inside the APC, and Hudson yells “FIRE IN THE HOLE!”.

Cameron must not have read up on his military jargon when he wrote that scene.

The second instance in the movie takes place before that scene. Ripley and Burke have just informed Gorman that any gunfire could rupture the cooling tanks, and cause a nuclear meltdown. Apone collects all the pulse rifle magazines as well as gadgets from Drake and Vasquez’s smart guns (I guess those gizmos allowed the smart guns to fire). Of course, Vasquez has some back up “firing pins” hidden and gives one to Drake as well. The order is given for flames units only…but then the Marines proceed on, with Drake and Vasquez on point with their smart guns! Apone or one of the other Marines should have noticed this, and Drake was carrying a flame thrower himself.

Another noticeable one occurred in Edward Zwick’s The Siege (an underrated film, IMO). In one scene, they have one of the members of the terrorist cell in an interrogation room. Bruce Willis, Annette Benning, and Denzel Washington’s characters are in the room with Willis’s second in command (a colonel), and they are discussing what methods can be used to interrogate him. As the colonel is going over the various torture methods, the terrorist begins to pray in Arabic. ..there’s a shot of the terrorist praying with the colonel in background standing guard…he’s looking ahead stoically with his mouth closed…but the dialogue being spoken in this scene is from him. A mistake in editing.

So what other movie snafus / mistakes can y’all think of?

I didn't take Vasquez and Drake boldly pointing their smartguns around as an error. Idiot Gorman didn't tell Apone why they were supposed to sling their rifles, possibly the sergeant went along with the order but wasn't going to enforce it if a couple of his soldiers wanted to disobey or perhaps those "smart" guns had some sort of autotracking like the sentry guns that would have assisted in pointing out enemies even without any rounds in them.'

And technically there really was a fire in a hole so maybe Hudson was just speaking casually and not with military jargon. :p

I didn't take Vasquez and Drake boldly pointing their smartguns around as an error. Idiot Gorman didn't tell Apone why they were supposed to sling their rifles, possibly the sergeant went along with the order but wasn't going to enforce it if a couple of his soldiers wanted to disobey or perhaps those "smart" guns had some sort of autotracking like the sentry guns that would have assisted in pointing out enemies even without any rounds in them.'

And technically there really was a fire in a hole so maybe Hudson was just speaking casually and not with military jargon. :p

Yep, biggest mistake that FNG Lieutenant did.

That GI Joe movie. . .it was a snafu, and a mistake.

See the first line of my post, Karamazov!

This thread is a fail for picking on Aliens.

But seriously, The Matrix has a ton of mistakes, but the one I remember the most was on the roof when he unloaded his rounds on the Agent and then threw his guns down. When the agent fired back, on the wide shot of Keanu, the guns are missing.

The extended Special Edition of Aliens actually does have some mistakes. In the extra scene where Hudson is bragging in the APC as they are descending down to the planet they keep cutting back and forth to Hicks and sometimes he's wide awake and listening to Hudson and sometimes he's asleep as he appeared in the theatrical cut. Must be a narcoleptic to keep passing out and waking up like that. :lol

Well, we're not picking on Aliens. I was just watching it last night, saw said "mistakes" and was inspired to start this thread.

Another movie "mistake" that I remember (though I may be wrong since I haven't seen this film in years): in The Lost World, after the T-Rex is captured and en route to the U.S., the T Rex somehow gets out of the cargo hold, kills everyone on board, and then somehow gets back into the cargo hold and seals itself in.

This doesn't really fit in, but I get so annoyed when watching LOTR trilogy when freaking tiny rocks thrown by hobbits kill or disable orcs. Seriously?

For as good as that trilogy stuff like that and the stupid treatment of Gimli in TT come really close to ruining it for me.

In Serenity when they just landed on Miranda there's a shot showing the ship landed in the city and the landing gear isn't down.

In Sunshine, when they try to jump between airlocks through space one of them misses the door and flies off into space where they quickly freeze to death. In reality you don't freeze in space, heat transfers through contact and space doesn't have enough molecules close together for you to freeze. If he managed to exhale to avoid decompression then he would have died from lack of oxygen within about a minute.

I always find gun mistakes humorous. One of the better ones is in I Am Legend. The "zombies" are attacking his house and he shoots his M-16 at one and empties the mag. Once it is empty the gun goes click, click, click like it running on batteries or something. That doesn't happen.

My favorite has always been the little boy who has to pee scene from BTTF III...

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msWzJyrqii4[/ame]

I always find gun mistakes humorous. One of the better ones is in I Am Legend. The "zombies" are attacking his house and he shoots his M-16 at one and empties the mag. Once it is empty the gun goes click, click, click like it running on batteries or something. That doesn't happen.

I don't remember him having a M-16. He did have an M-4 variant. Colt 6920.
https://www.imfdb.org/wiki/I_Am_Legend

In Commando - when Arnold loads up & heads to the big bad's digs on the island to rescue Alyssa Milano. :lecture

As he starts throwing grenades at the goons - if you slow those scenes down, you see little spring loaded platforms catapult those guys in the air to simulate impact from the explosions.

Also - same film, the 'Sully' car chase in his yellow Porsche. Arnold rams him & wipes out the panels on that side.

Next shot - the damage swaps to the other side!! :rotfl

Classically funny. :lol

Last edited:
Jurassic Park has some mistakes like when the T Rex eats the goat and the goat's leg falls on the roof, but then later the leg disappears and there is no blood on the roof of the car.

:lol:lol:lol:lol

In the first terminator when the endoskeleton rises from the flaming wreckage, you can see a hand come up to pull the lever that lifts the endo-puppet ...

In Star Trek the Motion Picture, there is one scene with Kirk going out an airlock and the camera zooms out too far. So far in fact you can see where the ship set ends and even see the lights hanging from the rafters.

In Superman 2.

Clark gives up his powers at the Fortress of Solitude, which is in the middle of the artic, then they are in a car in America.

How the hell did they get there without flying?

Back