SilentSurfer Salvation: Terminator 4 figures that make sense.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I think that the marcus/T-800 thing is really cool. Although I can't get by the fact that it looks exactly like him, you did a good job customizing it! Have you thought about giving it a battle damaged chest?

As for the second one, I really don't like it. If the body looked more like a T-70 I'd love it, but it's still way too T-600 in style. However, you did a good job customizing the arm, and if you're happy with it, more power to ya ;)

I look forward to more!

I dont ever remember kyle mentioning what they looked like other than they had rubber skin. So based on what kyle said they looked like they should have in salvation.

Yeah, but I seem to recall him speaking about them as being infiltration, but that because of the rubber skin they were easy to spot. If they were also all the size of a tank I think that would have been the giveaway... not the rubber skin.

So sure, it could have been he left out the part about them being over 7 feet tall and gigantic... but I'd wager that would also be mentioned.

Just out of curiosity I looked up a quick explanation and this one is good enough from the Terminator Wiki:

In Terminator Salvation timeline, the Series 600 concept has been revised into a hulking behemoth in excess of 7'3"-tall[3] and usually armed with a minigun. However, it is still based on the human skeleton. This does not necessarily preclude an infiltration role as there would likely be variants of the T-600 for different functions, which would naturally be made in appropriate sizes. Also, a seven to eight feet tall Terminator mocked-up as a human would only need to disguise itself well enough to get within firing range of a human camp, as it is very difficult to judge size from a distance

Yeah, but I seem to recall him speaking about them as being infiltration, but that because of the rubber skin they were easy to spot. If they were also all the size of a tank I think that would have been the giveaway... not the rubber skin.

So sure, it could have been he left out the part about them being over 7 feet tall and gigantic... but I'd wager that would also be mentioned.

Just out of curiosity I looked up a quick explanation and this one is good enough from the Terminator Wiki:

All he said was "The 600 series had rubber skin. We spotted them easy" . He never mentioned infiltration or anything regarding them, he only used rubber in the sentence to emphasize to sarah that this 800 had living flesh on the outside.

And never take anything the terminator wiki says seriously! ;)

Didn't take it as gospel, but sounded plausible. Just as plausible as thinking giant endo's makes sense :lol

Kyle never says anything about infiltration, he just states that their easy to spot and had rubber skin. He gave an extremely brief description, so Why assume they're supposed to be a certain height and look a certain way when we have never actually got to see one until salvation?

Don't really like the new t600 you done looks strange to me not sure why.

I love Marcus's eye but hate the blood. My eyes just keep on being drawen to it away from the sculpt but the eye makes up for it :clap

~Cool~
Now make one like this! ;)

12345x.png

Sigh.
I really wanted a HT Marcus Endo. :(

Kyle never says anything about infiltration, he just states that their easy to spot and had rubber skin. He gave an extremely brief description, so Why assume they're supposed to be a certain height and look a certain way when we have never actually got to see one until salvation?

Its just an assumption. I mean why attempt to give something a skin covering if you don't care whether or not its detected. And in the original movie the Terminator is described as an infiltration device... the new one is a 800, but the previous 600 is referenced.

And that he chooses to highlight rubber skin as the factor that makes them easy to identify would suggest (to me) that apart from that they were similar in design to a human.

Given what the T-600 now looks like I'd think the outstanding feature would be size and Kyles speech would have gone something like this... "they were easy to spot since they were ridiculously huge, wtf was Skynet thinking?"

I absolutely agree with galactiboy.

Here is Kyle's speech. Taken in context, and in order of details mentioned, the 600's only difference is rubber skin. The upgrade to 800 is only the fact that it is now a cyborg. pay special attention the the bolded text. There is no room for a McG 600 in that description. Period.

As spoken in T1. Edited for applicable information, but the order of the information is the same as it was delivered in the movie.
“I’m Reese. Sergeant Tech Com DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You’ve been targeted for termination." -Kyle

"How could that man just get up..." -Sarah

" …It’s not a man. Machine. Terminator. Cyberdyne Systems model 101." - Kyle

"Like a robot?" -Sarah

"Not a robot. Cyborg. Cybernetic organism." -Kyle

"The Terminator’s an infiltration unit. Part man, part machine. Underneath it’s a hyper alloy combat chasis. Micro processor controlled. Fully armored. Very tough. But outside it’s living, human tissue. Flesh, skin, hair, blood, grown for the cyborgs. The 600 series had rubber skin; we spotted them easy. But these are new; they look human. Sweat, bad breath, everything. Very hard to spot. I had to wait til he moved on you before I could zero him.” -Kyle

“…they cannot make stuff like that.” -Sarah

“Not yet. Not for about 40 years.” -Kyle

Terminator = infiltration unit = looks like a man.

600 = ineffective attemtp to look like a man because skin is rubber.

800 = successful attempt to look like a man because skin is real.

There isn't even the possibility for a hint that there was something else about the 600s that made them easy to spot. The only reason the rubber skin is even mentioned is to contrast the efficient quality of the cyborg skin, and it's even sandwitched between the lines refering to the real, human flesh. That in no way suggests that 600s may have been different in any other way. Stop trying to justify the Salvation 600s as somehow fitting into what Kyle was talking about. McG didn't get it right. That's all there is to it. It was a sucker Hollywood move playing on the false belief that bigger is always better. "If they liked that, they'll love this" has always been the stumbling block of sequels.

I actually like the Wiki explanations quite a bit.

Last edited:
I absolutely agree with galactiboy.

Here is Kyle's speech. Taken in context, and in order of details mentioned, the 600's only difference is rubber skin. The upgrade to 800 is only the fact that it is now a cyborg. pay special attention the the bolded text. There is no room for a McG 600 in that description. Period.

As spoken in T1. Edited for applicable information, but the order of the information is the same as it was delivered in the movie.

Terminator = infiltration unit = looks like a man.

600 = ineffective attemtp to look like a man because skin is rubber.

800 = successful attempt to look like a man because skin is real.

There isn't even the possibility for a hint that there was something else about the 600s that made them easy to spot. The only reason the rubber skin is even mentioned is to contrast the efficient quality of the cyborg skin, and it's even sandwitched between the lines refering to the real, human flesh. That in no way suggests that 600s may have been different in any other way. Stop trying to justify the Salvation 600s as somehow fitting into what Kyle was talking about. McG didn't get it right. That's all there is to it. It was a sucker Hollywood move playing on the false belief that bigger is always better. "If they liked that, they'll love this" has always been the stumbling block of sequels.

I actually like the Wiki explanations quite a bit.

Terminator salvation is the altered future because of T2. Kyle reese from the first terminator is from the future where judgment day happened in 1997 not 2003. So actually Mcg could pretty much do whatever the hell he wanted.

Alternate timeline accepted. McG fans using it as an excuse for making no sense of the concept of a T-600...

...why do I even bother.:horse

Im not a Mcg fan, but I certainly didnt hate Terminator Salvation just because I wanted the t-600 to look a certain way, even though we havent even seen one before until now.:lol

There is way more about that movie that I hated besides the 600, but even so, I can enjoy watching it if I think of it as a stand alone piece. I'll never love it though, and I don't think it will ever be considered a classic.

There is way more about that movie that I hated besides the 600, but even so, I can enjoy watching it if I think of it as a stand alone piece. I'll never love it though, and I don't think it will ever be considered a classic.

This is 100% how I feel about "Salvation" I won't call it Terminator Salvation ........... not even when I talk about it with family and friends. As a stand alone its a fun flick.

How in the world I missed this thread until now? Too tired from work I guess. Anyway I agree with your opinion on T-600 in Salvation (too big and stupid rubber masks) and I love your rendering of the T-70. That is one sick robot you made. :rock I also like the Marcus Wright endo - that is how he should have looked in the first place.

Back