SilentSurfer Salvation: Terminator 4 figures that make sense.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just remember guys that T3 screwed up the continuum. Well T2 started it a bit when they tried to destroy everything. Like what John Connor said. This isn't the war his mother spoke of. So many actions may have caused significant differences in the Salvation universe compared to the original Terminator universe where elder Kyle came from.

wow...i really like your VISION. your signature says it all.:clap

one thing that struck me with your t-600 figure concept, how would it re-load its weapon?

That seems true. I just watched Salvation again right now after being inspired to do so by my new display.

When Skynet talks about Marcus in the movie makes it sound like this timeline's Skynet hadn't thought of infiltration until the Marcus 800 prototype. And then the final design is the Arnold 800.

My only problem with that idea and prefused and endless's argument is that Skynet also says Marcus is the only one to be successful at infiltrating and bringing back John. Inexplicably, this Skynet seems to know about the '84 T-800, the T-1000, and the T-X. Otherwise, what previous failures of Skynet is Skynet talking about? And if it knows those things, why is Marcus a prototype. The way it is written doesn't make sense. Marcus is somehow the prototype for a Terminator that will be replaced twice in the future and failin the past. WTF?!

Salvation Skynet really has a problem thinking fourth dimensionally. Whereas the original Skynet invented time travel.

That seems true. I just watched Salvation again right now after being inspired to do so by my new display.

When Skynet talks about Marcus in the movie makes it sound like this timeline's Skynet hadn't thought of infiltration until the Marcus 800 prototype. And then the final design is the Arnold 800.

My only problem with that idea and prefused and endless's argument is that Skynet also says Marcus is the only one to be successful at infiltrating and bringing back John. Inexplicably, this Skynet seems to know about the '84 T-800, the T-1000, and the T-X. Otherwise, what previous failures of Skynet is Skynet talking about? And if it knows those things, why is Marcus a prototype. The way it is written doesn't make sense. Marcus is somehow the prototype for a Terminator that will be replaced twice in the future and failin the past. WTF?!

Salvation Skynet really has a problem thinking fourth dimensionally. Whereas the original Skynet invented time travel.

It's McG. I've just answered all of your questions. You're welcome. Please send the Marcus head to my address please. Thanks Nathan. :lol

wow...i really like your VISION. your signature says it all.:clap

one thing that struck me with your t-600 figure concept, how would it re-load its weapon?

Thanks for the comment on the signature. :exactly:

As for reloading, it would do it the same way any of them would. When the ammo runs out in the backpack, they would remove and refill the backpack, or just grab another, full one, and feed the ammo into the gun before remounting the backpack.

BTW, the gunarm still rotates. I made sure not to interfere with that function.

Yeah it sure does, but in green.

:lol Nice try.

For the sake of argument, I don't consider McG's T-600 to be a Terminator at all. Kyle said, "the Terminator is an infiltration unit..." There is no way that the 600s in Salvation were infiltrators. No way. To me, and the reason why I did what I did to mine, is that this machine is a bi-pedal Hunter Killer.

T1 introduces us to the T-600. They are the first generation Infiltrators with rubber skin, easy to spot and so on. But they are indeed infiltrators.

The Marcus mod is cool. Only thing I'd change is removing the knife. He has a big ass laser gun AND a shotgun. The knife seems irrelevant. :lol

The T-600 mod looks sick. Not sure why that design wasn't used to begin with!?

I think it just talks about earlier infiltration attempts done by T-600's and such in its own time line.

It is plausible if you think about it because no one's seen how a undamaged T-600 looks like. Maybe it had so much clothes on him that it can pass for almost human from a short distance. Then over time as Skynet invests time and material into the 700s and 800s, the 600s are forgotten and they just wonder around all unkempt and rotting away slowly still seeking out their primary objectives, humans, to kill. *Self pat on the back* :D

The Marcus mod is cool. Only thing I'd change is removing the knife. He has a big ass laser gun AND a shotgun. The knife seems irrelevant. :lol

The T-600 mod looks sick. Not sure why that design wasn't used to begin with!?

What if Marcus runs out of bullets but not out of enemies? That knife would be pretty precious then. :)

What if Marcus runs out of bullets but not out of enemies? That knife would be pretty precious then. :)

:confused:

Ok.. only problem is that figure isn't supposed to be Marcus. It's supposed to be a "totally un-Salvation-related custom T-800 Model (not 101)". :lol

While I can't stand the Marcus Wright character, the thought of using his battle-damaged head to create a totally un-Salvation-related custom T-800 Model (not 101) was intriguing.

Inspired by the Franco Columbo T-800 scene in T1

So in that sense, the knife is pointless. Marcus only has it/uses it because he doesn't know he's a Terminator. And again, this isn't supposed to be Marcus.

Marcus 800?
I cant recall that any T:S character states that Marcus endo is based on the T-800 series? Also the look of his Endo is very different from the T-800

It is plausible if you think about it because no one's seen how a undamaged T-600 looks like.

I think its very plausible if you take the statement that Kyle makes in the first movie about the T-600's infiltration role.

edit: By the way, i hate the part in Salvation when Skynet talks to Marcus, i didn't like that they gave it a personality.

:confused:

Ok.. only problem is that figure isn't supposed to be Marcus. It's supposed to be a "totally un-Salvation-related custom T-800 Model (not 101)". :lol

So in that sense, the knife is pointless. Marcus only has it/uses it because he doesn't know he's a Terminator. And again, this isn't supposed to be Marcus.

Then it's just used as a disguise if a lot of resistance fighters carry knives then he should carry one too to mix in better with them yes? :D

I think its very plausible if you take the statement that Kyle makes in the first movie about the T-600's infiltration role.

True. That is pretty damn easy to spot. :lol
But even with all of that, a Marcus that didn't know what was going on called out to a heavily damaged one. Which means that the T-600s with their crappy disguises were very efficient in the beginning in tricking humans that don't expect walking robot killing machines with gatling guns and vacuum cleaners out to kill them. :lol

he doesn't know he's a Terminator.

i'm just curious, and this is unrelated to what you're talking about, but dont all terminators see things with that red screen, and compute everything they see? he obviously has the red eye in the movie, since it's flickering red when he face had burned off, but how come he doesn't see everything with the red computing screen? and if he does see things like that, how come he didn't realize he's a terminator? :dunno

Here are a couple mods I did to character I hated in the movie but had a better vision of as figures.

I also posted pics of these in my customs thread (link in signature with loads of other stuff), but there doesn't seem to be as much traffic over there as here for people who might find these interesting.

First up:
Here's a small, but dramatic detail change I wanted to do on my Marcus for a long time, but I wasn't sure (like usual) if I had the ability to pull it off or the guts to try. While waiting on a new airbrush compressor to arrive so I can continue the Na'vi Sapien Pred I'm doing, I decided to use the time to make my Marcus vision a reality.

Nathan, there is no way that you should doubt your ability
to customize. Your work is always top notch. I can only
dream of having those skills. :bow

Oh, Marcus is friggin awesome.

Although I feel the exact opposite about T:S as you do SS, those are nevertheless outstanding customs. Great job! :rock:rock:rock

Marcus 800?
I cant recall that any T:S character states that Marcus endo is based on the T-800 series? Also the look of his Endo is very different from the T-800

He's the T- Resistance Infiltration Prototype or R.I.P. (lame name). :monkey4

I think you guys argued this pretty well by now, but my feeling was that this T-800 would have everything he could carry. Smart gun runs out, he grabs the shotgun on his shoulder. That runs out, he pulls the knife. Granted, a knife against armed Resistance (if any remain alive) isn't very effective.

Marcus 800?

Yes, it never says it in the movie and his endo is different. He is an 800 in the fact that he is a true cyborg, but he is a hybrid which means he was human first, and machine was added. Normally, 800s are machine first with flesh added. Marcus's flesh is all original human material. In that sense, I suppose he's more of a bionic man than cyborg really though cyborg by technical definition.

I went to IMATS (International Makeup Artist Trade Show) in Pasadena last year, and the makeup artists from TS were there applying Marcus's makeup to some guy. At that booth was the attached poster below referring to Marcus as a T-800 Hybrid from Project Angel (whatever that is).

But even with all of that, a Marcus that didn't know what was going on called out to a heavily damaged one. Which means that the T-600s with their crappy disguises were very efficient in the beginning in tricking humans that don't expect walking robot killing machines with gatling guns and vacuum cleaners out to kill them. :lol

Vacuum cleaners.:lol Marcus called out to a shape off in the distance that was moving. The 600 was not near enough to be distinguishable. That 600 was only close enough to be within firing distance. That hardly qualifies as an infiltrator which is what Kyle described TERMINATORS as. The T-600s were Terminator just like 800s, but with rubber skin. Why is this so hard to accept?

dont all terminators see things with that red screen, and compute everything they see? he obviously has the red eye in the movie, since it's flickering red when he face had burned off, but how come he doesn't see everything with the red computing screen? and if he does see things like that, how come he didn't realize he's a terminator? :dunno

That is another reason I hate that movie's story. For the sake of argument, Marcus is a hybrid, so his eyes would have been his own human eyes, so it's believable he wouldn't see red. But, given the flickering red in his left eye, yes, he should have seen red. It's a stupid mistake that they missed the logic in those details. If not for the red flicker, I would have imagined his eyes would not be mechanical underneath like I made my figure (which is now not a Marcus figure).

Nathan, there is no way that you should doubt your ability
to customize. Your work is always top notch. I can only
dream of having those skills. :bow

Flattery will get you nothing... except some more customs.:1-1: Thanks!

Although I feel the exact opposite about T:S as you do SS, those are nevertheless outstanding customs. Great job! :rock:rock:rock

Thank you.

The T-600s were Terminator just like 800s, but with rubber skin. Why is this so hard to accept?

I dont ever remember kyle mentioning what they looked like other than they had rubber skin. So based on what kyle said they looked like they should have in salvation.

Back